Wolfram stood up slowly and brushed the broken glass off of himself and cracked his neck. He started to step over broken glass and wall from where he had been thrown through it.
‘Ah. Willow Rosenberg. I’ve heard a lot about you.’
Willow simply stared at him with a blind fury. Green energy crackled around her. In her hair, the roots had started to go black.
‘Looks like your not gonna be able to control yourself Wicca. You’ll lose control, just like before. Before long you’ll join the dark side and no-one will be able to stop you.’
The black in Willows hair had spread to half way down the length.
‘I’ve been studying’ Willow replied as she closed her eyes and the black started to recede back into the roots.
Wolfram watched this with alarm, then started toward Willow.
‘Vincire!’ Wolfram cried as he held out a hand toward Willow, sending a binding spell toward her, but she waved her hand at it.
‘Solutum’. She muttered as the binding field dissolved. Wolfram lowered his hand. Willow took a few steps forwards
Wolfram opened his fist and formed a ball of magic in his hand and threw it at Willow.
‘Excudo!’
Willow flew backward into the brick wall of a bakery and through it. She slammed into a glass cabinet full of cakes, bread and pizzas.
She stood up without bending as if being pulled up and forward by a rope around the waist. She simply glared at Wolfram. ‘Your powers ... may be undeniably greater. But I can still hurt you if I have to.’

Wolfram laughed with an evil menace in his voice. ‘You just don't get it, do you? Nothing can hurt me.’ He threw a bolt of magic towards Willow and she was thrown up so hard she broke through the ceiling of the shop leaving a huge hole in it. She landed on the floor upstairs. Wolfram glided upwards through the hole and landed next to Willow.
‘I thought you were an all powerful Wicca? Looks like I was wrong.’ Wolfram sneered as he threw a bolt of blue energy at Willow which caused her to writhe in pain. She had never experienced anything like it. Her body went limp and Wolfram kicked her through the window opposite them and she crashed to the ground below, unconscious.
‘Now. To finish what I started.’ Wolfram said to himself and floated out of the building to the ground, over Willow. He landed and walked casually over to his next victim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was cradling Buffy in his arms, running his hand through her hair. ‘Oh well. one down two to go!’ Wolfram sneered behind him.
Spike placed Buffy’s body gently back on the ground and got slowly to his feet. He turned around and faced Wolfram. Spikes eyes had changed to a darker, almost black colour. He didn’t need to change into game face. The fury, hurt, grief and pain inside him were stronger than all his vamperic abilities. He punched Wolfram in the face and kicked him in the gut. Almost immediately he followed with a roundhouse kick to his face. Spike then took his legs out from under him. He straddled Wolfram and repeatedly smashed his face with his fist.
‘You son of a bitch.’ punch ‘your gonna die…’ punch ‘…for what…’ punch ‘…you did…’ punch ‘…to Buffy.’ punch.
Without warning, Wolfram blocked the next punch Spike threw at him by grabbing his fist.
‘Oh I don’t think so’ He crunched his legs up and kicked Spike in the stomach. Spike flew back a few feet and landed on his back. Wolfram got to his feet. ‘If anyone’s gonna die, it’ll be you’. Suddenly he moved forward with magic speed and was next to Spike. He pulled him to his knees and placed his right hand over Spike’s chest and grabbed his face with the other so he could look directly into his eyes. ‘Still need this remember.’
Spike felt a pain like no other he’d ever experienced as the pain overtook him, blinding him. It felt like Buffy was dying in his arms a million times and he screamed as the pain ripped through him. Then a voice sounded behind Wolfram.
‘Hey. Get your hands off him!’ A pair of pure white, glowing hands took a hold of either side of Wolframs head. He screamed in agony, taking his hands away from Spike to clutch at the hands on his head. They left his head and Wolfram turned around to come face to face with a being of pure white and gold. Behind it were five other beings.
‘Who are you?!’ Wolfram cried.
The being in front of him lifted its head and looked straight into his eyes. ‘Were your worst nightmare’. And once again it placed its hands on either side of Wolframs head as the other beings joined hands. An energy crackled between them and transferred into the being in front of Wolfram. The energy transmitted into Wolfram and he screamed again. The energy overtook him and he became a long thread of light that winked out in the middle like an old-style picture-tube TV going off.
Spike watched the display before him in awe. The being in front of him knelt down before him and he almost died (again) of shock. He was staring into the beautiful face of his lover.
‘B-Buffy?’ he whispered. He looked over and saw Buffy’s dead body lying over by the fountain, the sword still in her chest. He looked back and forth at the being in front of him and Buffy’s lifeless form.
‘It’s me. Well sort of. My spirit’ Buffy was dressed in a white silk dress that pooled around her ankles and her skin was paler than usual but still had a little colour in it. Her golden hair flowed at her shoulders.
‘How?’ Spike asked simply.
‘Turns out I have friends in high places. Buffy smiled and Spike looked past her. Standing behind her were the spirits of Joyce, Tara, Anya, Cordy and Fred. They were all dressed similarly to Buffy. Spike turned to look at Buffy again. She put a hand to his cheek. It felt like a feather being brushed against his skin. He tried to touch Buffy's hand but his went straight through hers.
Behind them Dawn had appeared in the plaza. She saw was the lifeless body of her sister lying by the fountain with the sword in her heart. She did not notice the white beings around the plaza.
‘Buffy’ She cried as she ran over to it.
Buffy’s spirit turned around. ‘Dawn’ she said simply. Dawn stopped in her tracks and her gaze kept alternating between body and spirit.
‘Oh my god no.’ she started to cry
‘Dawnie its ok’ Buffy said.
‘It really is honey’ Dawn turned to see her mother standing behind her.
‘Mom?’ Dawn whimpered.
This was too much for Dawn to handle. She sunk to the floor sobbing. Joyce turned to Buffy ‘I’ll talk to her’ she said as she knelt beside Dawn and explained what was happening.
Buffy turned back to Spike. He got to his feet as Buffy stood up.
‘How did you do it?’ Spike asked.
‘He was pure evil. Not a lick of goodness in him. All of us together make up a whole lot of goodness. Enough to get rid of him forever.’
Fred walked up behind Buffy and placed a hand on her shoulder. ‘We haven’t got long Buffy.’ She smiled at Spike and turned back to the others.
‘Please don’t go’ Spike whispered as he stepped closer to Buffy’s form. ‘I had so much to tell you. And now…’ he trailed off as tears fell down his cheeks. She looked into his eyes, tears were filling her eyes too. ‘Shh. Its gonna be ok. You can still tell me. I’ll be able to hear you.’
‘I love you too much to let you go again.’ Spike whispered.
‘I love you. I always will’. She brushed her fingers over his lips and across his cheek. She lay her hand on his cheek and kissed him softly. It felt like butterfly wings fluttering on his lips. He returned the kiss ever so softly so that their lips were just brushing. All he wanted to do was kiss Buffy one last time with all the passion, lust and love he felt for her.
Behind them the other spirits all looked at each other and joined hands. A golden energy flowed between them.
Without thinking Spike lifted his hand and ran it over Buffy’s cheek and, wait, he ran his hand over her cheek again. He could touch her. Buffy had felt it too. She broke the kiss and stared into his eyes.
‘Did you just?’
‘I think so’ Spike reached out to touch her again to make sure this wasn’t some sick joke his mind was playing on him. His hand connected with her cheek and didn’t go straight through her. Spike looked over to where Buffy’s dead body had been and… it was nowhere to be seen. He ran his hand gently over her body, running it from her cheek over her neck, brushing pas her breasts and stopping on her stomach. He was afraid that if he touched her too firmly she would disappear and this would all have been a dream.
‘Your…your not…’
‘I know’ Buffy whispered as tears of happiness replaced those of sadness. Buffy wrapped her arms around Spikes neck and pulled him in for a passionate kiss. She jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist as he wound his arms around her back, holding her close, never wanting to let go. The world faded around them as they lost themselves in each other. Spike almost forgot not to drop Buffy as she darted her tongue into his mouth and caressed his tongue with hers. Spike responded with the same fiery passion.
‘Buffy.’ Spike gasped into her mouth, ‘don’t ever leave me again’
‘I wont. I promise’ Buffy replied as they sunk to the floor still kissing, never wanting to let the other go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy pulled back from the kiss as she and Spike stood up. Dawn ran over to her sister and held her in a crushing hug. “Don’t ever do that again” she cried. They turned around to the spirits of their friends. “I’m guessing you guys had something to do with this” she smiled at them as she and Dawn helped Spike over towards them. He was badly beaten up from his fight with Wolfram and still weak from where he had tried to take Spike’s heart.

“You could say that. Plus the Powers That Be wanted you both to remain on this earth and continue the fight against evil. You two are the strongest defenders of all that is good, that they have ever had.” Cordy informed them.

“Well sooner or later they’ll have to find a new defender in my place when I get too old to fight.” Buffy said.

“That’s not going to happen” Tara told her. On Buffy’s questioning look she added, “Haven’t you noticed how in the past few years you haven’t aged a day since we resurrected you.”

“Not really. I just thought I had a damn good moisturiser” Buffy smiled. Tara continued. “Well if someone is restored to life then they no longer age as a human does. You will age, only slower. Every fifty years you will have aged only one human year.” “However you are still mortal, in the sense that you can be killed, just not by old age.” Fred added.

Buffy looked astonished, as did Spike, but he couldn’t complain. He had always feared, ever since he had fallen in love with Buffy, that he would have to watch her grow old and die, and he didn’t know if he could take that.

“Yes, so that means you can have lots and lots of sex for hundreds of years without losing any of your vitality” Anya smiled. “I am going to pretend I heard none of that Anya” Joyce informed her.

Their attention turned to the right as Willow came slowly over, not believing what she was seeing. “Tara? Baby?” she whispered, tears in her eyes. “It’s me Willow.” She told her quietly. “Oh Tara, I love you so much” she didn’t know how she was here, only that Tara’s spirit was here and she had to tell her before she went away. “I’m so sorry. You must be so ashamed of me.” Willow whispered. “Why?” Tara asked. “For everything I did after you died. Losing control, killing Warren. You warned me that the magick’s would hurt me, but I just lost control. I’m so sorry, can you ever forgive me” Willow sobbed. “Of course I do baby. I love you.” Tara told her as a blue light started to form around her and the other spirits.

“Well time’s up guys” Cordy said. They all started to disappear before them.

Spike, Buffy, Dawn and Willow, all stood mesmerised at the scene before them. As the spirits disappeared Xander appeared in the plaza having only just regained consciousness. “What’d I miss” he said breathlessly. “It’s a long story.” Buffy said “Buffy died, came back as a spirit, destroyed Wolfram, was made human again and informed she would no longer age like humans do.” Spike informed him. “Ok not that long.” Buffy said. Xander looked back over his shoulder up at Buffy’s broken window. “How long was I up there?!” He asked himself.

“Buffy looked over to the horizon and saw the sun rising. “We need to get inside. I’m not having you burn to a crisp after everything we’ve been through tonight.” Buffy said. “It doesn’t seem like only one night. My god, I’ve lost you three times in, what, less than six hours.” He said as he stopped to look at her. “I’ve lost you twice” she told him. “Twice?” he asked puzzled. “Once, when you got eaten by that dragon, and then again when Wolfram made you sign that contract so I would live. That’s enough for one lifetime.” She smiled at him.

“Ok we’ve all missed something major here” Willow said as they reached the inside of the apartment complex. “Maybe we’ll tell you about it sometime. But now, I just wanna sleep for a week. I’ve fought in an apocalypse, been tortured almost to death, died and been brought back. Again. Ok make that two weeks.” Buffy sighed as she rested her head on Spikes shoulder, while still helping him up the stairs into her apartment. “Ok we’ve missed a lot” Xander muttered.

They turned the corner onto the corridor that lead to Buffy’s apartment and saw a very pissed off looking Mr Fabio, the owner of the apartment building. “Excuse me Miss Summers, would you mind explaining what in god’s name had happened here.” He cried, directing towards the remains of the door and the window leading outside. “Not now Mr Fabio” Buffy said wearily. “Oh I think now it the perfect opportunity.” He really reminded her of Principal Snyder, perhaps this was him reincarnated. “Look, I’ve had a god awful night and I really don’t want to deal with this now.” She said as she walked past him. He went to stop her, but Spike grabbed his arm. “Lay one finger on her and you won’t live to regret it” Spike told him as he followed Buffy into her apartment. Willow stood in front of Mr. Fabio and put her hand to his temple. “Erasio” she muttered. He stood there, staring into space. “Now, there is nothing wrong with the door or anything else in the apartment. You will not harass Buffy again.” She went to head into the apartment, then turned back. “oh and you will decrease her rent as well” she smiled to her self and went back inside.

“Looks like you’re gonna be confined to Buffy’s room till the sun goes down Spikey” Xander said. “Ok, I’ve just realised how that can be a very good thing to you guys, so just pretend I didn’t say anything.” He turned his attention to the broken window. “ah, just like old times” he muttered to himself as Buffy and Spike headed for her bedroom, Willow and Dawn collapsed on the sofa.

Buffy kicked the door closed behind her as she helped Spike over to her bed. He sat down on the edge as she sat next to him and lay back, exhausted. “Oh thank god for bed’s” she sighed as Spike took his duster off and lay down next to her. “Definitely one of god’s greater creations” he agreed.

Buffy propped herself up on her elbow, resting her head on her hand. She ran her other hand tenderly down the side of his face as he stared deeply into her eyes. He pulled her down to him, capturing her lips in a heart searing kiss. He ran his hands over her body as she winced in pain. He pulled back abruptly. “What’s wrong” he asked, fear in his eyes. “Oh, apparently the whole becoming a spirit, and then human again thing doesn’t heal up old torture wounds.” She moaned. “They’re not as bad as they were, ‘cos of the slayer healing thing but they still hurt.”. She told him. “He lifted her shirt to look at the wounds. They had healed over, but tender, deep red marks were left in their place. He brought his lips gently down to one of them and kissed it ever so softly. He looked up at Buffy. “Sleep. It’ll help.” He whispered to her. She lay back on the pillow as Spike used his lips to sooth the pain away whilst Buffy stroked his hair leisurely.

Just as she was drifting off to sleep she whispered “Come here” to him and he moved to lie next to her. She rolled over on to her front as she laid her head on his chest. She placed her right leg in between Spike’s as he rested his head on the top of hers. She took his hand and interlaced her fingers with his, trying to get as close to him as possible. She felt the safest she had ever been. “I love you Spike” Buffy whispered. “I love you Buffy” was his reply, as sleep washed over them both.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK so that’s the LAST chapter, i told you to believe in the spuffiness, and as always (well in my mind anyway) spuffiness prevails. Hope you enjoyed it, and I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me for the kind and inspiring reviews i got. Thankyou so much for taking the time to read and review my story. Big hugs and kisses all around :)