I have to say thanks to both Rana and Franchesca for giving me some wicked ideas for future chapters:) All of you reviewers rock!


***************************************************************************
A long moment of silence passed as Buffy and her father looked at each other.

‘I can’t believe I didn’t prepare myself for this,’ Spike thought. ‘I knew he’d be here. Why didn’t I ever think of what’d happen when they saw each other again? I deserve whatever happens to me after this.’

“Buffy, honey, it’s been a long time,” Hank said, moving towards Buffy and hugging her. She shut her eyes as she hugged him back, her head spinning.

‘He told me Dad wouldn’t be here,’ she said to herself. ‘But he knew all along, didn’t he? He lied to me.’ She looked at Spike over her father’s shoulder and glared at him. He looked caught and averted his eyes, focusing on something off to the side. ‘How could he do this to me? He knew I wasn’t ready to see Dad. I can’t believe this.’ Buffy and Hank separated, looking at each other again.

“I didn’t know you were in L.A.,” Hank said. “Have you been here long?”

“Not too long, no,” she answered hesitantly. “I was going to look you up, but a lot of things arose.”

“I’m just glad you’re here,” he smiled warmly. “Are you living here now?” She nodded. “Great! We should go out to lunch together sometime soon.” She nodded again, still incredibly angry at Spike.

“Sounds like a plan, Dad,” Buffy replied, seeing a blonde woman approaching them. As she got nearer, Buffy raised an eyebrow. “Harmony?” The woman looked at Buffy and seemed surprised.

“Buffy!” Harmony smiled, hugging Buffy. Buffy felt even more uncomfortable and hugged Harmony back for a moment before pulling away. “What’re you doing here?”

“I came with Spike,” she answered, and she noticed Hank looking at Spike quizzically. Spike smiled sheepishly before looking down at the ground. “What’re you doing here?”

“Well,” Harmony began, looking at Hank for a moment before he nodded at her. “I’m here with your dad.”

“What?” Buffy asked, trying to contain the rage that flooded her. “You’re here with my father?”

“Yes,” Hank cut in, trying to stop the scene from growing. “Harmony and I have been dating for several months now.”

“But she used to be my babysitter!” Buffy said in shock, staring at her father. “Do you know how gross that is?”

“It’s not that gross,” Harmony replied defensively, crossing her arms. “I’m only ten years older than you.”

“So what?” Buffy said loudly. “It’s still wrong.” Harmony grabbed Hank’s hand in hers and began to tug him away from his daughter.

“I still want to have lunch with you,” Hank said before he disappeared in the crowd. Buffy clenched her fists before turning her attention to Spike.

“Your office, right now,” she said in a low tone. He nodded and took her hand in his, but she pulled it away from him. He frowned and led her down a hallway and into his office, shutting the door behind him. She walked to the windows and didn’t say anything, just staring outside, collecting her thoughts. It was at least five minutes before she turned to look at him.

‘And here it comes,’ he thought, preparing for a well-deserved tirade.

* * *

“You knew he’d be here tonight, didn’t you?” she asked, a dangerous edge to her voice.

“Yes,” he answered, looking down, trying to figure out how he was going to explain himself.

“How could you lie to me?” she hissed, staring at him. “You knew I didn’t want to see him! How could you bring me here, knowing that my father would be here, too?”

“Because I thought that maybe you and him could attempt to try working things out,” Spike answered, looking away. “I figured that Hank could help you out more, and it’s not like you can hide forever.”

“This wasn’t your call!” she yelled, throwing her arms up. “It was my decision when I wanted to see him, not yours. You had no right to do this, Spike. I can’t believe you would do this.” She turned around again and looked out the windows at the buildings surrounding them.

“I’m sorry, Buffy,” he said sincerely, noticing how the moonlight was cascading over her figure. “I made a big mistake. I never should have lied to you about it. You’re right- it wasn’t for me to decide. I’m sorry.” She stood up straighter, looking over her shoulder at him. “But I don’t regret the fact I brought you here, luv.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Because I wanted to go out with you tonight,” he answered, putting his hands in his pockets. “I haven’t really seen you this week because we’ve both been busy, and I’ve missed you.” She tried not to smile at him, trying to look as if she was still extremely upset.

‘But I think my anger is fading fast,’ she thought. ‘If he keeps talking like that, it’ll be completely absent shortly.’

“I’m sorry, pet,” he said, looking at his desk. “I didn’t want to hurt you, and it was stupid of me to lie to you. Will you forgive me?”

“After a good amount of groveling,” she replied, turning to face him, her arms crossed. He nodded slightly. “But yeah, I forgive you.” He looked at her, surprised. “Not that I should, because frankly, I still can’t believe you did this to me, but I don’t think your intentions were bad, so I’ll get over it.” He smiled softly.

“Thank you,” he said quietly. “So, are we still friends?”

‘Well, while you’re bringing it up,’ she thought, taking a deep breath.

“Is that what you want us to be?” she asked. He raised an eyebrow. “I mean, you said before that we couldn’t be together primarily because of Hank.” She paused. “Well, he saw us together tonight, and nothing bad happened.”

“What’re you saying, Buffy?” he asked, trying not to get his hopes up.

“I’m saying that the reasoning you had behind us not being together isn’t really a reason anymore,” she answered, slowly approaching him. He watched her move towards him, trying to restrain himself from pulling her to him and kissing her until she was breathless. “And I know we have a lot to work through, and I probably won’t be over what happened tonight for a while, but I like you, Spike. I have since we met, practically.” He smiled at her, too.

“I like you, too, Buffy,” he said. She stopped about a foot away from him, looking into his eyes.

“So why aren’t we together then?” she asked quietly, feeling both nervous and excited.

“Because I’m a ponce who shouldn’t have kept us apart because of Hank,” he answered, wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her close to him.

“Yeah, sounds about right,” she smiled. He leaned down and kissed her, not at all surprised when she kissed him back. The kiss intensified pretty quickly until they broke away to breath. “I don’t want to do this here.” He nodded, sad at the idea of having to stop. She took his hand in hers. “Let’s go to my dad’s office instead.”
***************************************************************************

A/N Alright, I know I'm evil to leave it end like this, but I have my reasons LOL. Since I began this story, I've planned on posting the first NC-17 chapter on my birthday, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. Sometime tomorrow, there will be a chapter of major Spuffyness posted as my gift to you all:) I mean, who doesn't want a smut-tacular birthday?!? Please keep the reviews coming because they honestly are the highlight of posting chapters! Have a great night/morning, everyone!