After returning to the firm, Spike took the elevator up to the 19th floor and headed to Hank’s office. Lilah had just gotten off of the phone when Spike passed by her desk. “Is he still in?”

“Yes,” she answered, surprised at the anger in his voice. “He’s got a meeting in a few minutes.”

“This won’t take long,” Spike replied, letting himself into his boss’ office. Hank was walking around, looking at a file and mumbling something to himself. He noticed Spike and frowned as he closed the door behind him.

“Is there something I can do for you, William?” Hank asked, putting the file down on his desk.

“Yeah, actually, there is,” Spike replied, crossing his arms. “What gives you the right to treat your daughter like she’s nothing?” Hank sat on the edge of his desk, and Spike suppressed a smile, remembering that only a week before, Buffy was sitting in that exact spot.

‘It’d be even better if his desk hadn’t been cleaned since then,’ he thought to himself before realizing he was getting off-topic.

“So you talked to Buffy, I assume?” Hank asked. Spike nodded, his jaw clenched. “Buffy is a lovely girl, William, but she’s not exactly what I expected.”

“Then obviously, you did a shitty job of being a father to her,” Spike replied sharply. Hank raised an eyebrow.

“And where exactly do you get off judging me?” Hank replied. “If I was informed correctly by your uncle, you didn’t have much of a father around either.” He paused. “It shows, too, by the way.”

“Leave Rupert out of this,” Spike said, realizing that his uncle was going to have a fit whenever he found out about Spike going off on Hank. “I might not have had a father around, but I made a life for myself, one that didn’t require me to bribe anyone to gain more power. Not like you.” Hank slightly paled.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, becoming worried. Spike saw a window of opportunity opening and decided to run with it.

‘It’s not like I care what I say to this wanker anymore,’ he thought. ‘I might as well divulge what I know.’

“You don’t think Rupert ever told me?” Spike asked. “About your deal with Holland Manners before he retired?” Hank frowned. “I know you paid him a large amount of money to become one of the partners, Hank. So apparently, you weren’t worthy enough to get this far in the system without paying your way.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about,” Hank said sternly. “There’s no proof, either.”

“There isn’t?” Spike asked, smirking. “What makes you think that Holland didn’t leave any information lying around that proves otherwise?” Hank’s face fell. “You really shouldn’t mess with a guy who knows your secrets, Hank. Could get you in a bit of a bind.” The older man stood up straight, looking at his employee.

“What makes you think that I can’t fire you right now, you worthless piece of trash?” Hank asked with a slight smile. Spike took several steps forward until he was about two feet away from his boss.

“Go ahead, fire me,” he shrugged. “Doesn’t mean I can’t sell you out to a newspaper or TV station. I bet they’d love to hear about your little deal, along with the other ones you’ve made since then.”

“Like what?” Hank asked, trying to feign innocence.

“Like the deal you made with Miss Kitty’s Boudoir to have several of their employees work for you at your home, cleaning your house in bikinis,” Spike grinned. Hank froze. “Oh come on, Hank, you didn’t think I knew that? Rupert informed me a long time ago after going to your house for a conference one day and seeing a few half-naked women cleaning bedrooms on the second floor of your mansion.” He paused, realizing that he had a lot of secret ammo that he could throw at Hank. “I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to get some of those women to admit to the deal, especially if we paid them off.” Spike made a face. “You know, I couldn’t bring myself to tell Buffy that little piece of information. What if she was one of the women contracted to be a maid for you, you bloody pervert? How would you feel then?” Hank looked away, clenching his fists. “Your daughter never should have had to resort to that. She’s better than that, and you know it.”

“What makes you think she’s so great?” Hank asked, looking at Spike. “You slept with her a couple of times and decided she’s ‘the one’?” Before Spike knew it, one of his balled up fists smashed into Hank’s nose, a loud yelp coming from Hank as his hands flew up to coddle his now bleeding and broken nose. “You’re fired, you pathetic son of a bitch!”

“Too late- I already quit, you pillock,” Spike replied, noticing that one of his knuckles had split open a little as he shook off his hand, trying to get the pain to subside. “And you wonder why no one loves you, Hank. Because you’re a miserable bastard who puts everyone around him down.” Spike walked to the door. “You don’t deserve to be a father to an amazing girl like Buffy. And if I ever see you near her or hear that you tried talking to her again, I’m coming after you myself, understand?” Hank glared at Spike before he let himself out of the office and slammed the door behind him. Lilah saw him exit and stared at him.

“What’d you do?” she asked, sounding concerned. “It sounded like Hank got hurt.” Spike smirked.

“I didn’t do anything,” Spike answered. “I just showed him who’s boss.” She raised an eyebrow and watched as Spike went into his office, closing the door behind him.

‘Time to pack everything up,’ he said to himself. ‘Before security comes to kick me out.’ He grinned at the thought and began collecting everything he needed and wanted to keep. He began to think of how Buffy would react when she found out what he had done. ‘I don’t deserve her either, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to try to win her back.’
***************************************************************************


A/N Sorry, but I have a thing against bad fathers, which I'm sure is somewhat evident after this chapter. But then again, who doesn't 'have a thing' against fathers like Hank? I'm going to try having chapter 15 done sometime tonight, so be on the lookout. Reviews would be spectacular!:)