After a couple hours had passed and Buffy hadn’t heard from Spike, she decided to go to his apartment to see if he had returned. She let herself into the building and went to his apartment, knocking on the door.

‘I really hope he didn’t do something stupid,’ she thought. ‘But knowing Spike, he probably did. Which I guess could be a good thing.’ She paused. ‘But I highly doubt it was of the good. And why didn’t he call or come over or anything? You can’t just have an exit like that and not tell me what’s going on.’

A minute passed before the door opened to reveal Spike standing there with a surprised expression. “Hi.”

“Hey, luv,” he replied. “Is everything okay?” She nodded, looking past him to see a man sitting on a stool at the island in the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know you had company,” she said, turning to leave. He gently grabbed her arm, turning her around to face him again.

“It’s okay,” he smiled slightly. “Would you like to come in and meet my uncle?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Your uncle?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah, Rupert Giles,” he answered, seeing her eyes widen in recognition.

“Your uncle is the other partner at the firm,” she said, looking at the man in the kitchen. “I didn’t know.” She paused. “I can’t believe I didn’t realize it. I mean, Rupert Giles and William Giles have to be related somehow.” He smiled, listening to her continue. “Which probably explains why you work there.” She looked at him. “Sorry. You already know I tend to babble.” He nodded and opened the door wider, motioning for her to enter the apartment. She hesitantly did, and the other man stood up, looking at her.

“Rupert, this is Buffy,” Spike said, introducing them. “And Buffy, this is my uncle.” The older man extended his hand, which she politely shook.

“I must say, Buffy, that you look a lot like Joyce,” Rupert said. She looked at him.

“You know my mother?” she asked. He nodded, smiling softly.

“She was good friends with my wife before you two moved to Sunnydale,” Rupert said. “I believe you and I actually met once, but that must’ve been a decade ago almost. You’ve grown up quite a bit.” She blushed slightly. “I’m sorry that we didn’t get a chance to meet at the party last weekend. William informed me you two left early.” She looked at Spike, who averted his gaze quickly. She sighed and looked at his uncle again. “I’m sure Jenny would love to see you again, Buffy. Maybe we can set up a dinner or something for the four of us.”

“I’d like that,” she replied, giving him a genuine smile. “I’m sorry for interrupting you and Spike.”

“It’s alright, pet,” Spike shrugged. “You probably should hear this now anyways.” She looked at him.

“Hear what?” she asked, worried. Spike and Rupert exchanged a look. “What’s going on?”

“I quit working at the firm,” Spike said, looking down. She looked at him. “I kind of…said some things to Hank and punched him.” Her eyes widened.

“You did what?” she asked loudly. He looked at her with a sheepish expression before it turned angry.

“He provoked me- what was I supposed to do? Just let it go? You should’ve heard everything he said to me,” he replied, crossing his arms. “I think you’d have punched him, too.”

“Probably, but he’s my father,” she said sternly. “He’s your boss! You can’t just punch your boss because he pissed you off, Spike.” Rupert took off his glasses and cleaned them with a handkerchief.

“It seems William also disclosed some of the information I told him to Hank, therefore possibly getting me in a fair amount of trouble, as well,” Rupert said, looking at his nephew. Spike frowned.

“I already said I’m sorry for that,” he replied. “It was the heat of the moment, and I guess I wanted him to know that if he tried messing with me, I could really screw him over.” He paused. “Which I still might do just because I can.”

“William,” his uncle warned, putting on his glasses again. Buffy looked between the two men.

“What exactly has my father done that’s so bad?” she asked, concerned. Spike looked at her.

“Would you like me to make you a list, luv?” he asked somewhat sarcastically. “It might take me a while.”

“Look, I know he’s not such a great guy, but he’s my dad,” she said quietly. “And as much as he’s a jerk to me, I don’t want him to wind up in jail or all over the news for doing something wrong.”

“William wouldn’t do that,” Rupert said before looking at his nephew with a mild glare. “Now would you?”

“What if he deserves it?” Spike asked, looking down, sounding like a scolded child.

“I can assure you that your father will not be in the midst of a public scandal, Buffy,” Rupert said, looking at her.

“Thank you,” she said, looking down. “So what’s going to happen from here? Spike’s no longer an employee at the firm?” Both men nodded. “How much of your new unemployment is because of me?” Spike frowned. “Tell me.”

“He hurt you, so I hurt him back,” he replied, putting his hands in his pockets. “He deserved it, pet. And it’s not like I can’t survive without that place. I’ve got money, and there are several other firms I can work at instead.”

“I wish there was a way we could get you back, William,” Rupert said. “But I don’t think Hank would stand for that.”

“Unless there’s some way you can bump him out of the position he’s in,” Buffy said. Both men looked at her before sharing a glance between them. “I mean, not that I want my father to go down in flames…” She paused, making a face. “What am I saying? Maybe he deserves to be taken down a notch.” She smiled. “What can I do to help?”
***************************************************************************


A/N Well, as promised, I decided to post the next chapter so as to try to get this story done by Christmas. Sorry again for the cliffhanger- I'm starting to really enjoy finishing off chapters with them. Reviews are still encouraged and appreciated!:)