Author's Chapter Notes:
It’s been almost two months since I last updated this story so to make up for the long wait. I made it extra long. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Feedback is appreciated.
Cordy entered the classroom of her last class for the day. It was a class she dreaded. Not for its subject matter because she loved political science. She shared the class with her ex-boyfriend Angel. Thank God for stadium seating, allowing her to sit as far away from him as possible. The ex-couple hadn't spoken since that night at the frat house and it was one of her personal goals in life to never speak or look in his direction again. Angel was dead to her. Some of their mutual friends said they would get back together, giving her some crap about perfect couples being destined for each other. Trying to get over Angel was hard for Cordy and she was grateful Faith was there that night for support.

The class was filling up quickly and Cordy wanted to make sure she had a front row seat. She pulled out her notebook and book out of her book bag and searched her purse for a pen. She paid no attention to the guy sitting beside her until the smell of his cologne caused a familiar chill to run through her. She looked over. It was Angel smiling at her. She rolled her eyes and began gathering her things.

"Wait, don't go."

Cordy didn't respond and continued to gather her things, dropping her book in the process. She would get it later she thought once she found another seat.

Angel picked up Cordy's book and handed it to her. "Here you go."

She snatched it out of his hand and sat down in her new seat. Her heart was thumbing erratically. It had been eight months since they had broken up and the pain from it started to resurface.

Angel stood watching her take her seat then approached Cordy's desk once she was sitting down.

"Can we talk after class?"

Cordy stared daggers at him.

"Please talk to me."

The professor entered the classroom and noticed the student standing.

"Please take your seat young man."

Angel had given Cordy one last pleading look before taking his seat.

*~~~*

Spike had spent all of his free time at Buffy's side, returning to his dorm only to shower and change his clothes. With each passing day she seemed better despite the times he would catch her drifting off into space. It was those moments he would try to comfort her as best he could, getting her to talk about what happened and to share their feelings. The more they talked about it, the more comfortable they became with the decision. One thing was for sure; the experience brought them closer together and made him see how strong Buffy was.

The script for his first major movie had arrived the Friday he was with Buffy at the clinic. He didn't bother opening the thick yellow envelop even though the movie was shooting in a month. He needed to learn his lines but there was no way he would be able to focus and deal with what his girl was going through. He didn't tell Buffy the script had arrived, knowing she would have made him return to the dorm to get started but Spike wanted to make her his first priority.

*~~~*

Cordy tried to make a quick exit but Angel was close on her heels. She couldn't believe he was following her.

"Cordelia stop"

She ignored him, walking toward her dorm.

"Cordelia will you please wait. I want to talk to you."

She was trying to avoid a public scene but Angel wasn't getting the hint. She turned around.

"Fuck off" She shouted and picked up her pace.

"You have every right to be upset with me. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry." He shouted.

Cordy stopped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Old feelings of anger had boiled to the surface. She turned around slowly.

"It's been eight months and now you're sorry."

Angel caught up with her. "I know my apology is long overdue but I know how stubborn you can be and knew you wouldn't have talked to me."

"Is this a joke? Because you sound ridiculous...I don't give a shit that you're sorry. I don't even believe you and I don't know why you think that saying you're sorry is going to make up for all of the pain and humiliation you put me through."

"I know but I'm really sorry. I was drunk and Darla seduced me. It was a moment of weakness and I shouldn't have let it happen."

Cordy was dumbfounded. It was apparent Angel was out of his mind. She laughed.

Annoyed by her laughter, he asked "What was so funny?"

"You and the fact that you actually believe I'm buying this. You are so full of shit...your eyes are browner. Do you even remember the way you treated me? You tossed me aside like a used condom. Our relationship meant nothing to you."

"That's not true. I love you Cordy and I miss you." He tried to touch her arm.

"Don't you fucking touch me. You never loved me. You love yourself too much to love anyone. I suggest you run back to your whore and leave me the hell alone."

It was obvious to Angel he was losing the bet he made with Doyle. Over a drunken game of cards, his frat buddy betted him fifty bucks he couldn't get Cordy back in the sack. "Fine you stupid bitch. I didn't want you back anyway. I was just wanted to see if I could get back in your pants. Since you're not willing, I guess I'll have to find Faith again." He smirked.

Cordy didn't have time to think about what she was about to do next. All she remembered was balling up her fist and closing her eyes. The next thing she knew Angel was on the ground holding his jaw and cursing at her. Her hand was throbbing and was probably going to be swollen but she didn't care. It felt good to knock him on his ass. He deserved it and a lot more. Now she had to deal with Faith.

*~~~*

"There sure are a lot of love scenes in this movie." Buffy said while flipping through the pages of Spike's script. She saved the page she was reading with her thumb to read the name of the movie again. "A Glimpse Into An Affair" She turned her nose up. "I don't know about this Spike. I think I want a rewrite."

Spike grabbed the script out of her hand. "I'm not going to let you read any more if you're going to keep acting like this."

"Okay...okay...I want say anything else...give it back."

Spike handed the script back to Buffy. He was taking a break from it. When he finally told her about receiving it two weeks ago, he was sure she was going to be upset with him but she did the opposite. She was excited and anxious to read it and like he thought, she made him return to the dorm to get it. She wanted to dive right in, volunteering to help him with his lines. He was happy she was being supportive.

"Oh no!!"

"What?"

"You have to show your ass."

"So what?"

"So what...your ass is sacred. I want to be the only one seeing it."

"Well you're not paying me $300,000 to show it."

Buffy smirked.

"I'm just joking luv. I'm sure my ass want be the star of the movie...besides those shots are pretty quick."

"I doubt that... once they get a look at it." Buffy smiled. Spike had a great ass. She laid her head on his lap and continued flipping through the pages.

*~~~*

"What a fucking whore?" Cordy shouted as she power walked towards her dorm. She was talking about her so call friend Faith, who it turns out, slept with Angel. How could she be so stupid to trust her around her man? Other women didn't and would often tell her she was being stupid to trust someone like that, when it was obvious she had a reputation for scheming on other women's boyfriends. Cordy wanted to give the brunette the benefit of the doubt. Faith had given her no reason to believe she would do such a thing. Well at least not to her, they clicked immediately when they met and Cordy was grateful she found someone she bonded with so quickly, like she did when she first met Buffy in the third grade. At the time, she was missing her best friend who was unable to join her at SU right after high school. Not that Faith could ever take Buffy's place, but she did fill a void and Cordy was sure Buffy would take an instant liking to Faith, when she arrived to start her junior year. Then she would have two best friends but Cordy couldn't have been more wrong. She noticed Buffy kept her distance from Faith and coped an attitude whenever the wild brunette was around. Buffy pegged her from the start and Cordy wished she had listened. She would never forget the day she asked her best friend what she thought about the brunette. Buffy had told her she didn't trust Faith. Cordy tried to convince her best friend Faith was a cool person. Now she wanted to kick herself for not believing her trusted friend of twelve years. And to think she was more worried about Buffy sleeping with her man after what she did to Faith. Cordy owed her best friend an apology and she owed Faith an ass whipping.

Cordy could hear the loud music coming from Faith's dorm room as she approached. She turned the doorknob to see if it was locked then an evil smile formed at the corners of her mouth when she found it wasn't. She turned it further and barged right in. The sight before her made her stop dead in her tracks. Nothing could have prepared her for what she saw.

Faith was naked and spread on the bed with Kendra's head buried between her legs. Cordy's mouth opened in shock and her eyes bulged out of her head. The shocked brunette couldn't move as she looked on, confirming the rumors about these two. When the feeling returned to her legs, she tried to back out slowly. She didn't want them to see her but it was too late. Faith had opened her eyes and smiled at the shocked brunette then she winked at her. That was enough for Cordy to turn around and get the hell out of there. She tripped over her feet, spilling the contents of her purse and book bag into the hallway. She gathered everything as quickly as she could and grabbed her keys. She fumbled with the lock on her door for several seconds, which felt like hours until she got the door open. She dropped everything at her feet and leaned against the door for support.

*~~~*

It was unfortunate Spike and Buffy couldn't act out the love scenes in the script. The nurse made it quite clear Buffy couldn't insert any objects inside her vagina for the next four to six weeks. Her libido was slowly returning and it was obvious Spike's never left as she shifted her head on his lap to avoid contact with his erection.

"Would you like for me to leave the room so you can knock one off?"

"Sorry luv...it's the script and it doesn't help that I have a beautiful woman lying in my lap." Spike lowered his head to kiss Buffy on the lips. She turned her head then sat up.

"Can you at least think of something unappealing to stop little Spiky from wanting to come out and play?" She laughed.

"Okay...hold on." Spike closed his eyes and began to concentrate. He pictured Xander naked and in an instant he lost his erection. "All set luv...do you want to touch it to make sure?" The smile on Spike's face was suggestive as he reached for Buffy's hand.

"Stop it" Buffy pushed his hand away then asked him what did he think about. When he told her, she lifted an eyebrow. "I've always wondered about you two."

Spike grabbed a toss pillow and hit her in the face with it. Buffy retaliated by grabbing the pillow out of his hand, swinging it back at him while he ducked and dodged. Spike grabbed her wrists, forcing her to drop the pillow as their playfulness led them to play wrestle on the bed. It wasn't a good idea. All the physical contact had released endorphins, making them both aroused. Spike settled between Buffy's legs, pressing his hard chest against her heaving breasts while her hands roamed his back down to his ass, urging him on. There lips joined as they devoured each other's mouths like they were famished.

Anya entered Buffy's room without knocking. She cleared her throat to interrupt the horny couple. When that didn't seem to work, she slammed the door.

"Are you kidding me? It's only been two weeks and you're going at it like it's been two years. My god... control yourself people."

Spike and Buffy parted, whipping away the extra salvia from their mouths.

"Did anyone ever tell you its polite to knock, luv?"

"So what's your point?"

Spike shook his head then grabbed the toss pillow to hide his erection.

"Jesus Anya we were only kissing. Buffy replied.

"And fondling and groping"

"Can we change the subject, please...what is it?" Buffy asked.

"Xander and I want you two to come with us to the Bronze."

Buffy looked at Spike. She hadn't felt like going out since the abortion. Her days were spent getting back into the groove of things with work and school while the rest of her time was spent with Spike holed up in her room. It had been two weeks since the abortion and her body was back to normal. The bleeding had stopped and she was feeling like her old self again, thanks to Spike and Anya who have given her nothing but constant support. They seemed to know when she needed to talk or to have someone, listen, making her feel better about the decision she made. Spike had given her the $500.00 to give back to her dad as well as shower her with flowers, cards, and chocolate.

"Only if you want to, luv."

"I want to." She nodded her head.

Spike smiled. They haven't been out in a long time but he didn't care. They have been inseparable since Buffy had the abortion. In a few weeks he would be leaving for Canada and soon after for Los Angeles. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.

*~~~*

Once Cordy's adrenaline rush subsided, her entire hand down to her elbow hurt like hell. She looked at it. It was swollen and turning red. She wiggled her fingers to make sure it wasn't broken. She was mad. There was no way she could use it on Faith. Her blows would have to come from words rather than her fists. She walked around her room not knowing what to do with herself. So many things were going through her mind not to mention images of Kendra and Faith's oral display. She was positive those memories would be haunting her for the next few days. She sat down on her bed and looked at her hand again. It had gotten bigger. She needed to see a doctor. She grabbed her purse and headed for the student medical building.

Cordy had a minor sprang in her wrist. One of the pre-med students wrapped the injury for her. It was going to take a couple weeks for it to heal. Great she thought as she tried to figure out what she was going to do. She couldn't take notes in class and probably would have trouble getting dressed in the morning. They also gave her painkillers, which she knew would make her drowsy. The next couple of weeks were going to be hell and she could only think of one person who could get her through it. She needed to talk to Buffy. The last time they talked had been a couple of days ago. She could tell something was off with her best friend. She wasn't her perky self. She thought maybe she and Spike were having problems so she didn't bother asking Buffy what was wrong.

Cordy missed her best friend. Too much time had passed and she missed their regular shopping and dinner dates. She decided to give her best friend a call to make plans. Amy answered the phone and told her Spike, Buffy, Xander and Anya were at the Bronze. That was another shock. Xander and Anya had become a couple and she knew nothing about it.

"So Xander finally got a girlfriend." She said out loud and then shrugged. "I guess there's somebody for everybody...now he can stop chasing after me." She couldn't help but feel a little put off by the fact Xander would no longer be following her around. She never gave him the time of day, thinking he was too silly and immature for her. However, he was sweet and made her laugh but she wanted the president of the best fraternity on campus, only to get him and get hurt by him. Maybe she should have given Xander a chance. He probably would have taken better care of her heart. She shrugged again. "Too late now or is it?" She contemplated while driving to the Bronze, wondering how close he and Anya were. There was only one way to find out.

*~~~*

"I swear Anya if one more girl comes up to Spike to congratulate him, I'm going to scream. They're acting like he's a movie star already." Buffy continued to primp herself in the mirror while Anya used the bathroom.

"This is only the beginning...wait until the movie comes out and his gorgeous face and ass hits the screen. We're talking Brad Pitt and his abs in Thelma and Louise fame."

"Thanks a lot Anya that makes me feel a whole lot better."

"Well what do you want me to say...don't worry about it. You should worry." Anya reached for the toilet paper and found it missing. "Buffy can you hand me some toilet paper." There was silence. "Buffy...Buffy".

The worried blonde snapped out of her daydream after hearing her name shouted for the first time even though it was the second time.

"What?"

"Could you hand me some toilet paper and hurry up, my legs are shaking and I don't want to collapse on this thing."

Buffy grabbed a roll of toilet paper out of the empty stall and handed it to Anya under the door. She leaned against the wall, getting lost in her thoughts. She and Spike were headed for another big test in their relationship. Could she handle his possible fame and the long distance? Also, what would become of them after she graduated?

"Thanks." Anya continued to rant. "I would never understand why some women find it difficult to aim and you would think they would have the decency to clean up their waste, knowing other people have to use the facilities...uuggh this is so gross...nasty bitches." Anya wiped herself and around the toilet before flushing. She exited the stall and headed for the sink to wash her hands. She looked at Buffy leaning against the wall, in quiet thought.

"A penny for your thoughts."

Buffy looked at Anya. "I think I should break up with Spike."

"What...why...because some skanky hoes congratulated him? He couldn't be rude to them Buffy. I think he handled it rather well...except."

"Except what?"

Anya contemplated telling Buffy probably the only reason why he did was because she was there. It may be a different story once he leaves.

"Never mind"

"No Anya...tell me"

"First tell me why you think you should break up with Spike?"

"I don't think I will be able to handle all the attention he is going to receive especially from the opposite sex and then there's the distance. We're going to be separated for a year. I really never gave it much thought when he told me he was leaving but now that I see a little of what's to come, maybe its wise to break up. There is going to be a lot of temptation while he's out there and I don't want him to wound up cheating on me like Riley and have things between us end badly. Do you know what I mean?"

"Absolutely, you think Spike is going to have trouble keeping it in his pants. He is a man and they do have their needs."

"I don't want to say that Spike will cheat on me but I would be stupid to think that this distance want put a strain on our relationship. I need to talk to him about it and see what he thinks."

"Good idea...I think you two should definitely discuss this. As far as I'm concerned if you two were meant to be, it will be and no amount of time or distance can keep you apart."

"Now why couldn't you say that before getting me all worried about this Brad Pitt thing."

The two women exited the restroom.

*~~~*

"Man I'm telling you...you are going to need a catcher's mit for all that new pussy that's going to be thrown your way." Xander chuckled. "Look at them man, every chick in this place is giving you the eye and you're not even famous yet."

"Calm down Xander." Spike pulled out his cigarettes and placed one in his mouth. Looking around the club, he could see several girls giving him the green light. It was nothing that hasn't happen to him before but he would admit it was more than usual. He would be lieing if he didn't admit he liked the attention what guy wouldn't? "You forget mate I'm a one-woman man now. Buffy takes very good care of my needs and then some. I like the attention but I want let it go to my head or the other one."

"Whatever...I give you three months."

'Thanks for the having so much faith in me, mate."

"Look lets do the math."

Spike rolled his eyes. Xander always had to lay it out for him.

"You're leaving for Canada in two weeks for 3 months. You're come back for a few days while you look for a place to stay in California and touch base with your agent. You'll move out there while Buffy stays in Sunnydale to complete her last year then what. Have you two even talked about that?"

Xander waited for Spike to answer. He and his best friend had this conversation before and despite Xander telling him he was sure he and Buffy would work something out, the skeptical brunette still thought it was best they break up.

"Not really"

"Precisely... that's because you both don't want to deal with the reality that it might not work out."

"That's not it...as a matter of fact we have discussed it." Spike boosted.

"And"

"And nothing...I'll call her every chance I get and she'll visit me."

"Sounds like a great plan" Xander replied not sounding convinced.

Spike was about to light his cigarette when someone beat him to it. He looked up while accepting the light. He blew out the smoke and smiled.

"Dru, darling how are you?"

"Sometimes it rains in my mind other than that I'm doing quite well."

"Hi, Dru"

"Xander...my dear boy... nice to see you."

"Would my Spike like to dance?"

"Sorry pet...can't. I'm here with Buffy."

Dru leaned over and whispered in his ear. "That's not the kind of dance I'm talking about."

"Now luv you know we're just friends...so there will be none of that anymore."

"That's too bad...maybe you'll change your mind once we're in California."

"Come again."

"I'll be moving back to Los Angeles after graduation."

Spike mouth dropped.

Dru was amused by his reaction. "Didn't I tell you darling...that's where I lived before mummy and daddy sent me here. But of course we never talked much when we were together. However, I'm quite sure we'll be running into each other. See you around." Dru walked off.

Xander started to laugh while Spike took a long drag from his cigarette.
"I can't believe you didn't know that."

"You heard the crazy bird mate, we never talked much." Spike stubbed out his cigarette and signaled the waitress to bring another round of beers. He had no attentions of getting in contact with Dru while he was in Los Angeles.

*~~~*

Cordy walked around the crowded bar looking for the couples. She ran into a few of her friends, inquiring about the bandage on her wrist and she had no problem telling them she punched Angel in the face. No one believed her. She walked near the dance floor and that's when she spotted Spike and Xander. She made a beeline for them.

"Hi guys"

Xander swallowed nervously. "Hello Cordelia...you look nice tonight."

"Thank you Xander...you don't look too bad yourself."

Xander swallowed again. Cordy had never given him a compliment. She would always try to be polite but then ignore him, not this time.

"Hello pet."

"I was told Buffy was here."

"She and Anya went to the bathroom. They should be back soon." Spike replied.

Cordy looked at Xander, really looked at Xander. He was cute in a goofy kind of way. "So aren't you going to ask me to dance?"

Xander choked on his beer as it was going down. He couldn't believe those words had come out of Cordelia Chase's mouth. Before Anya, he had a serious crush on the beautiful brunette since his Freshmen year. He use to follow her around campus and wait outside her dorm so he could walk her to class. He would make her laugh and then ask her out but she refused every time. When he found out she was going with that meat head Angel, he was devastated. He wasn't the right guy for her but there was nothing he could do about it. There was no way he could compete with tall, dark and forehead.

He reached for the small table napkin to wipe his mouth. He sat his beer down and jumped to his feet.

"Lets go."

An excited Xander escorted a willing Cordy out onto the dance floor. It was the second best day of his life.

*~~~*

"Is it me or is there even more people in here?"

"Its not you. There are." Buffy replied with annoyance as she and her friend made their way through the sea of people.

As they got closer to their table, Anya noticed Xander was gone. She looked for him on the dance floor. It wasn't unusual to find him dancing by himself but this time he wasn't. He was dancing with Cordy and she wasn't happy about it.

Spike watched Xander and Cordy on the dance floor, trying to figure out why all of a sudden the pretty brunette decided to give his best friend the time of day. He wasn't happy about it. He liked Cordy but her behavior was suspect.

"Hey where's Xander?" Buffy asked wrapping her arm around Spike.

"Dancing with Cordy" Anya answered, folding her arms across her chest.

Buffy turned towards the dance floor, watching her best friend back it up on Xander. She was taken aback by the sight; wondering why her best friend was dancing with the very guy she thought was goofy and not her type. She looked at Anya who was doing everything in her power not to look bothered by the two dancing.

"What happened to her hand?" Buffy asked, noticing the bandage Cordy was wearing on her right arm.

"I didn't ask. She came over looking for you and then out of the blue she asked Xander was he going to ask her to dance."

"Really" Buffy replied in surprise.

Xander looked over at the table and saw Anya wearing a not to pleasant look on her face. It was his que to stop dancing with Cordy. He made something up about being tired and thirsty. They walked off the dance floor. He let Cordy walk in front of him while he tried to hide the look of guilt on his face.

"Hey Buffy...I was looking for you." Cordy said. Then she looked at Anya. "Hi" She didn't like Anya and the feeling was mutual with her best friends roommate. She analyzed her face. Anya was pissed, which let Cordy know she and Xander were indeed a couple. She decided not to take it any further with Xander, wanting to avoid another Spuffygate.

Anya smirked then said hello.

"What's up?" Buffy asked.

Cordy pulled Buffy to the side and told her she wanted them to have a shopping and dinner date this weekend. She said there was a lot they needed to talk about.

"Sounds great. I could use some new clothes."

"You can say that again. I'll give you a call on Saturday."

"Sounds like a plan...so uhh...what happened to your wrist?" Buffy asked.

"That's one of the things I need to talk to you about. You're not going to believe it when I tell you but it can wait."

"I'll let you get back to your date. I'll see you soon."

"Okay"

Buffy walked back over to her table and noticed Anya and Xander weren't speaking. There was some tension. She looked at Spike.

"Lets dance."

"I thought you're never ask, luv." Spike wasn't the only one sensing the tension between his best friend and his other crush.

*~~~*

Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike's neck. He placed his hands on her hips as they swayed to the music.

"Are you having a good time, luv?"

"Yeah"

"Good...what did Cordy want?"

"She wanted to go shopping and have dinner this coming weekend."

"Are you going to go?"

"Yeah...we have a lot to talk about."

"Did she tell you what happened to her wrist?"

"No but I'm sure I'll find out. She seemed kind of secretive about it."

"Anya doesn't look too happy." He said, changing the subject.

"I don't blame her. I don't know what that was all about but I'm definitely going to ask Cordy."

Spike huffed. His hands left Buffy hips as he wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her closer.

Buffy sensed something wasn't right. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired of talking about everybody else. I want to know how you're doing."

"I'm fine." She said unconvincingly.

Spike pulled away from her to look at her face. He could always tell when something was bothering his girl. "I don't believe you."

"We need to talk."

"I know."