Buffy stroked Spike's head nestled in her lap. He needed to take a break from reading his lines and while he rested, she decided to read some more of the script. She removed it from his chest and began reading where they had left off. It didn't take her long to get engrossed in what she was reading.

"Hmmm!"

The sound she made caused Spike to stir. She looked down at him and waited until he settled before reading again. She turned the page, then another page and another, crinkling her brow and covering her mouth with one hand as she read on and on. She made that sound again that caused Spike to shift but this time it was much louder.

Sensing something was wrong Spike opened his eyes. "What is it, pet?"

"There sure are a lot of sex scenes in this movie."

Spike shifted. "So"

"I don't like it. I want a rewrite." She replied in a half-joking manner but part of her didn't really like it.

"Its no big deal Buffy. I've done plenty of love scenes and I can tell you I have never gotten aroused. He lied, thinking it would ease her mind. However, Spike was well aware if a man didn't get at least semi-erect, it meant only two things. He was either gay or impotent, none of which applied to him. He shifted on Buffy again.

Buffy didn't believe him and asked, "How can you not get hard? You're lying in bed with a beautiful woman and you're both kissing and fondling each other."

Realizing Buffy wasn't going to let it go, Spike had to be truthful. He sat up beside her. "Okay it does happen but as actors, we have to be professional about it. It's not like you really want to have sex with the person. You're just trying to give the director the best scene possible to move on to the next scene. Buffy folded her arms across her chest and Spike could tell by the look on her face she didn't like what she was hearing. He wrapped his around her shoulders. "Luv, those scenes are so technical and rehearsed so much there is nothing intimate or sexual about them. Now as actors, we are obligated to make it look good but that doesn't mean we are enjoying them. It's not about that." Spike kissed Buffy on the cheek. "Okay"

"kay" Buffy's reply was meek. She flipped to the front page of the script and read the title again 'A Glimpse into an Affair'." She huffed. "Why couldn't it be an action movie?"

Spike wanted to help ease her thoughts. She was only half way through the script and he knew there were other things in it that would probably disturb her. At the time, he thought it was a good idea for her to help him go over his lines but now he wasn't so sure. If he abruptly told her he didn't want her to read with him anymore, it would look suspicious, so he thought using reverse psychology would be the best approach. "If you don't want to go over the lines with me anymore, I'll understand." Spike was hoping she would agree.

"No, no I want to...its just a little hard that's all...I'll get over it...you ready"

Spike closed his eyes and laid his head on her shoulder. "In a bit pet."

"Spike"

"Yes"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything"

"Have you ever slept with any of the actresses in your movies?"

Spike eyes popped open. If there was a moment where he felt a lie was necessary, this was it but only to spare her feelings. There was a long moment of silence. He really didn't want to answer the question.

Spike's silence spoke volumes and Buffy's stomach clenched.

"Yes"

"How many?"

Spike really, really didn't want to answer that question. He had seven lead parts in movies that went straight to DVD and he had slept with all of the female leads including a few hot make-up artists and some eager extras.

"Pet, what good is this going to do you, if I answer this question...I mean really, why do you want to know." Spike couldn't blame Buffy from feeling insecure. Her last boyfriend was a right bastard and treated her like shit. He had no intentions of ever hurting her that way.

"I just want to know."

"That's not good enough...now be honest with me...why do you really want to know?"

Buffy didn't want to answer his question now.

Spike knew what the real reason was. She didn't trust him.

"I'm just curious." She lied.

"Bollocks! You're worried I'm going to sleep with someone while we're apart."

Buffy didn't say anything because Spike was right.

"Pet if I wanted to sleep with someone else...I don't have to go all the way to Canada to do it. Baby...I only want to be with you...you'll all I need."

Buffy wanted to cry. "I'm sorry...it's just hard...I can just see all of those women throwing themselves at you. Lets face it...you're hot."

Spike chuckled and gave his insecure girl one of his sexy looks. "You think I'm hot."

Buffy chuckled. "Stop it...I'm trying to be serious."

"I'm sorry, luv but you're going to drive yourself mad."

"Well you know we never really discussed how many people we have slept with and I think that's important...don't you."

Spike shrugged. "It never crossed my mind and personally I think there are some things you should keep to yourself. I don't want to know how many guys you slept with and I certainly don't want tell you how many women I've slept with."

Buffy's raised an eyebrow at him. "That many, huh?"

Spike frowned. He had slept with a lot of women and had a list of names just in case anyone turned up sick or dead from some horrible disease. He would admit that every woman he slept with...he didn't use protection but that was when he was younger and dumber. He was a horny teenager and during that time, he just wanted to stick his dick in anything. Lucky for him, he never caught anything but the mere thought that his luck would run out scared him to strap up every time. He looked at Buffy. "All you need to know is that I have never had an STD and I get tested for HIV every six months. He said reassuringly.

She believed him but her insecurities wouldn't let him off that easy. "Well at least answer my first question"

Spike huffed. "Okay, but don't ask me anything else." He paused, looking away from her. He couldn't believe he was going to give into her. Question and answer sessions like these between boyfriends and girlfriends always led to an argument that is why he never wanted a girlfriend. He faced her and looked straight into her eyes. "I slept with all of them, Buffy."

Her stomach clenched again and suddenly she felt as if he had cheated on her. She tried to hide her shock her entire body tensing. Spike's answer was eating her up inside but she managed to relax just enough to nod her head once. "I see."

They just looked at each other. The mood had shifted and although she tried to hide her shock, Spike knew the revelation was like a punch to the stomach. Her eyes had given her away, growing slightly larger than normal and the vein protruding from the side of her neck as she stiffened was just as telling. He no longer wanted to read his lines. He just wanted to lie back down and forget they had this conversation. He grabbed a small toss pillow and threw it to the other end of the couch. He placed his head on the soft pillow and after several long minutes, peace had finally settled into his mind and he began to fall asleep.

To her disappointment, Buffy watched Spike move away from her to the other end of the couch. It would be the first time she felt distant from him. She wasn't prepared for what he told her but the masochist in her wouldn't let it go. She picked up the script and began reading it again, a glutton for punishment. Expressions of shock, disgust and worry were apparent on her face but she kept quiet until..."Oh my God! You have to show your ass!" She shouted, stunning Spike out of his sleep.

Spike was getting angry. "Oh bloody helll...that's it...give it here. I don't want you reading anymore." He held out his hand, demanding the script.

Buffy pulled away. "Okay I promise I want say anymore but why the butt shot. It seems so unnecessary and besides, I want to be the only one looking at your butt."

"Well you're not paying me $300,000 and I doubt seriously the director is going to be focusing on my butt for the entire movie."

Somehow Buffy doubted that. Spike had a great ass, tight, firm and perfect.

"Now give it here". Spike reached for the script.

"No" Buffy jumped off the couch.

"Pet I'm not in the mood to chase you."

"To bad because I'm not handing it over."

"Fine...then keep reading and if you think that's bad, wait until you read what's on page 120...remember I warned you and when you're done reading...I don't want to hear another word about anything." Spike knew he was making the situation worse but Buffy refused to be mature about it.

She sat in another chair a few feet across from Spike. She began reading more of the script. Spike stretched out on the couch and turned with his backing facing Buffy.

Buffy found herself making faces again as she read page after page. A couple of times she glanced up to look at Spike. She was dying to talk to him to voice her concerns. Not only were there even more intimate scenes but there was also a scene where he had to kiss a guy on page 120. Now she reasoned why he was being paid so much money. Other better-known actors had probably turned the role down because of the homosexual scene. She thought Spike was just as good an actor as the others but he had nothing to lose and everything to gain if the movie was a success.

A sudden sadness washed over her. Spike would be leaving in a few days and things between them would change. Already she was having problems reading a stupid script. How was she going to act when she actually saw it on screen or worse while she was there on the set? They had already made plans for Buffy to come visit him over her summer break and they discussed her coming out to LA once he settled into his own place, which she hoped would be soon. She didn't like the idea of him living with his agent, especially after what Spike cryptically said about him. Though she didn't ask him to explain, Buffy got the impression his agent was a slim ball in an expensive suit. Weren't most agents? She thought.