Buffy had a light breakfast before heading off to her first class. It was a perfect Monday morning. The sun was shining and the humidity predicted by the weatherman was hours away. Buffy walked around campus beaming while many of the other students looked like zombies. She was always excited about the first day of school from kindergarten through high school and college was no different.

Buffy's next class was located on the other side of campus. It was going to be a long walk. She'd taken a shortcut across the student union building and it was there she noticed a group of hot guys standing around. She considered making up an excuse to go inside but she didn't want to be late. Unable to take her eyes off the yummy sight, Buffy stopped in her tracks when the sun reflected in her eyes causing her to stumble on her feet. She dropped her books, managing to recover with minimal embarrassment, gathering them back into her arms. Buffy was still distracted, taking several more glances until she saw him. Spike was one of the hot guys. Quickly, Buffy turned her head, pretending not to see him. She knew if she did, walking away from a second time was going to be difficult.

Despite telling him they couldn't go any further then that night, Buffy felt she'd made a mistake. Down playing Friday night like any other good time with friends was hard. She struggled with her attraction for him but she was unable to fight it. Buffy liked him a lot never clicking with a guy so well upon the first meeting. Everything they talked about, everything they did and wanted to do had felt right. However, she wanted to honor Cordelia's wishes. Buffy knew it was best not to get involved with Spike for the sake of her friendship with Cordy and her friendship or lack there of with Faith. Although it seemed wrong from others perspective, her heart was telling her it was right and Buffy was good at following her heart.

Spike's morning was looking up when he spotted Buffy walking across campus. He hadn't seen her since Friday and didn't think he could go another day. He knew if he asked Cordy for her phone number or even where she lived she wouldn't tell him. He wanted to convince Buffy they should pursue what they both were feeling. Seeing her walk across his path
had to be a sign he thought. There were hundreds maybe even thousands of California blondes bleached and natural that attended SU but none had caught his attention quite like Buffy. She was hard to miss. Her beautiful blonde hair absorbed the sunlight making it shimmer. Her smile and sparkling green eyes only added to her beauty. She was a golden Goddess, taking his breath away. He called out to her.

"Buffy" He shouted.

Buffy stopped, watching Spike run over to her. As soon as he approached he'd picked her up and twirled her around.

"Hello, luv. I was hoping I would see you again." Spike said, placing Buffy back on her feet.

"Wow that was some hello. How have you been?" she asked, trying to catch her breath.

"Missing you."

Buffy blushed. Spike knew just what to say to make a person feel special.

"I can't believe out of all these people here I run into you and can't find Cordelia anywhere."

"It's fate pet. We were meant to find each other."

"Don't say that"

"Why... because you know I'm right. Look, here's my phone number. Call me sometime. I know what you said but we can at least be friends. Friends do call each other right?""

Buffy looked into Spike's eyes, realizing he had a point. The shared the same friends and were bound to keep running into each other. If they weren't going to become anything more, then they could at least be friends she thought, giving him her number.

"Well it was nice talking to you but I have to go. I have a class on the other side of campus and if I don't leave now, I'm going to be late."

"Can I walk you?"

Buffy hesitated but agreed. They talked nonstop the entire way engulfed in conversation about where to get the best pizza. Spike liked Pizza Hut while she preferred Dominos. It was the second topic they disagreed on, getting involved being their first.

They stopped in front of the Liberal Arts building almost walking past it until Buffy noticed they were entering a parking a lot, leading off campus.

"Well, here we are. I guess I better go inside now." Buffy said, looking into Spike's eyes not wanting to say goodbye.

"I guess so. Thanks for letting me walk you. I guess I'll see you around then, pet." He replied, wanting to kiss her.

Finally Buffy broke the tension and said goodbye, entering the building but peeking through the glass square cut outs to see Spike still standing there looking back at her. Her heart had skipped a beat and she felt butterflies in her stomach. She looked at her watch. She was five minutes late but spending it with him was worth it she thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that day, Cordy and Buffy waited impatiently for Faith to get dressed. Cordy suggested the three girls go to the gym for a work out. Originally, the two best friends were going but like usual Cordy invited Faith along without telling her. All three were prepared to leave when the telephone rang. Faith rushed back inside to answer it, gesturing for them to wait. Buffy huffed then looked at Cordy.

"Why don't we just forget it...I'm tired of waiting on her."

"Hold on, she shouldn't be much longer."

"Fine, I'll wait in the hallway."

Buffy hated waiting on other people. She needed to kill some time so called Spike from the hallway payphone. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello"

"Hi, its me."

"Buffy"

"How'd you know?"

"You're a hard one to forget." Spike said.

"Thank you...that was sweet."

"What are you doing, pet?"

"Waiting for your girl."

"My girl and whom might that be?"

"Faith"

"Not funny, luv.

"I'm sorry."

"Where are you birds headed?"

"We're going to work out."

There was a brief silence.

"I want to see you. Do you think that's possible?" Spike asked.

"Maybe"

"Meet me over by the tennis courts."

"Now...I can't just leave."

"Yes you can. It's easy. Hang up the phone and walk out the door. It's only a short distance. You'll be back in no time...please."

The sound of Spike's voice made it hard to say no. Buffy could picture the look on his chiseled face and the dark hue his eyes seem to take when he wanted something.

"Okay, I'll leave now."

Buffy left the dorm without telling her friends, thinking she would be back soon. Spike was right it was a short distance. He was already there waiting for her.

"Did you run?"

"Maybe"

"Its really dark back here. If it wasn't for your hair, I wouldn't be able to see you."

"Joking about the hair, pet?"

"I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings." Buffy replied, laughing.

"Of course you didn't Olivia?"

"Olivia?"

"You know Olivia Newton John...what's with the head and wrist bands pet?"

Buffy laughed then smiled at him, "two shay"

"I guess you're going to be sweating a lot?"

"It depends on what I'm doing."

Spike raised his scared eyebrow while Buffy grinned, only confirming their attraction for each other.

"I have to go before Cordy and Faith come looking for me. If they find me here, I don't think I can explain why I standing in a secluded dark area alone."

"Don't go, stay a while longer, pet"

"As much as I would love to. I can't."

"Why do you keep running away from me?" Spike asked, moving closer to her.

"You know why."

"Oh right, your bloody friends."

"They're your friends too. Why do you act like its not important?"

"I don't care. I like you Buffy and I want to keep seeing you."

"What about Faith?"

"What about Faith, luv? She's not my bloody wife. I'm not committed to her. I'm not committed to anyone."

Logic was telling Buffy to walk away but her attraction for him overruled everything. Spike had made it clear he wasn't with Faith or anyone else. She looked into his eyes, concluding there was nothing else more to say.

Spike grabbed her by the waist, lowering his head. When their lips met, Buffy felt the undeniable chemistry flow through her. The kiss deepened sweeping her off her feet. Spike tightened his hold on her while they slowly moved their tongues together. They mutually parted when the bright headlights of a car shined on them and the sound of laughter erupted in the background. Luckily, it was no one either of them knew.

"I have to go." Buffy said turning to run off but Spike grabbed her by the arm.

"Wait", call me when you get back."

"I will."

Buffy had given Spike a quick kiss on the lips. She was halfway back to the dorms when she saw Cordy and Faith approaching. She breathed a sigh of relieve glad she left when she did.

"Where have you been and why are you back here. We thought you left us." Cordy said, looking around.

"Yeah, B. You could have told us you were leaving."

Using the sound of the university band playing in the background, Buffy replied, "I was tired of waiting so I decided to go listen to the band rehearse for next weeks game. Are you ready to go now? I need to burn off some of this energy."

"I know what you mean. I have some energy to burn too but more like sexual energy. I haven't gotten laid since I've been back." Faith responded.

"Well instead of coming with us, why don't you call one of your boy toys to help you out."? Buffy replied, hoping Faith would consider it. She wanted to talk to Cordy about Spike.

"Well, I tried calling Spike but Xander said he was out but I will call him when we get back. I missed him."

Buffy looked over at Faith. "You haven't seen Spike since you've been back."

"Nope. I think he's avoiding me."

"Why do you say that?" Buffy inquired.

"I've called him a couple of times and he hasn't returned any of my calls. Yesterday, I went to his room but Xander said he was out. I didn't believe him. Xander's such a bad liar. Hell, I don't know...maybe he's dumping me for someone else. I must say she's a lucky girl. Spike is awesome in bed."

"You're just paranoid. School just started maybe he hasn't settled in yet." Buffy replied, shocked she allowed those words slip out of her mouth. She was glad Spike was avoiding her but she had to play it smart and keep her feelings for him in check.

"I don't usually chase guys. It's always been the other way around but I really like Spike."

"Only because the sex is good." Cordy replied, laughing.

"It's not just that although I have to hand it to him. He knows his way around the female form. Faith said, smiling as if recalling a moment. "Spike's different. He talks to me...makes me feel special. I can be myself around him and tell him anything. He listens... you know. He doesn't always try to get me in bed."

"That's because you're the one always trying to get him in bed."

"Shut up Cordy. You know it's more than that. Spike's special."

"I'm just calling it like I see it. I know how 'special' he is to you...when he's screwing your brains out that is. You only care about him when he's ignoring you. As soon as he starts showing you some attention, you think he's smothering you and then you start to ignore him."

Buffy wanted the conversation to end. She'd felt conflicted and unprepared when Faith spilled her heart out about Spike. However, she understood what Faith was talking about it, feeling the same way about him.

"Hey, thanks for listening B despite the unsolicited remarks from your friend over here." Faith said, smirking at Cordelia.

"You're welcome. Lets get out of here." Buffy replied.

A moment had passed between the two women that Buffy didn't expect. Faith had confided in her and Buffy was surprised she cared. Some guilt started to set in but she dismissed it when Faith started going on and on about the other guys she was dating. Buffy couldn't believe Faith was seeing two guys that lived in the same dorm as Spike and another guy living on the same floor. Also, Faith had a long-term boyfriend back home in Boston. As far as Buffy was concerned, Faith didn't care about Spike.

After returning from their workout, the three girls hung out in Faith's room. Cordy was discussing the upcoming fraternity party at the Omega Kai house while Faith looked through her little black book. Buffy pretended to listen but her thoughts were on Spike. She wanted to call him. Finally, she blurted out she was going home, interrupting Cordy.

"Well that was rude."

"I'm sorry but I'm tired. I'll call you later. Goodbye, Faith."

"Later B."

Buffy was about to walk out the door until she heard Faith say she was going to call Spike. She stopped in the doorway, pretending some pictures on Faith's wall were holding her interest. She tried to figure out by Faith's words how the conversation was going until Faith slammed the phone down.

"What's up?" Cordy asked.

"He says he's busy and that he would talk to me later. Well if he thinks I'm going to be waiting by the phone, he can forget it. I have a date anyway."

"See you guys."

Cordy and Faith looked at Buffy.

"I thought you were already gone." Cordy replied.

"I was...I mean I am...see ya"

Buffy used the payphone in the hallway to call Spike.

"I was waiting for your call. I talked to Faith so I knew you were back."

"I was in the room...talk about uncomfortable."

"I'm glad you called."

"Me to"

"Are you going home now?"

"I guess so. Why?"

"I want to see you again. Pick me up by the tennis courts."

"Okay"

Buffy parked on a newly paved street located in a new housing development fifteen minutes from campus. No one had moved into the homes yet so the area was dark and deserted.

"How was the workout?"

"It was good. I sweated a lot."

"I know. I can smell you." Spike replied, jokingly.

"What?"

"I'm just kidding, luv. I was trying to get you to smile. What's wrong?"

"How do you know something's wrong?"

"You're quite."

"What are you trying to say...I talk too much?"

"No but I can tell something's bothering you. Care to talk about it?"

Buffy turned to him.

"When I heard Faith say she was going to call you. I was jealous and hoping you wouldn't see her. I'm mad at myself. It's too soon to be feeling this way about you but I can't bring myself to stop."

Spike touched Buffy's cheek, staring into her eyes. She grabbed his hand and kissed it, staring back into his. Both of them leaned into each other, brushing their lips against the others. Spike placed small kisses to both her top and bottom lips before running his tongue between them. She captured his tongue, sucking on it gently until it was completely in her mouth. Together their tongues tangled back and forth, around and around.

Buffy held onto his hand and Spike gripped hers tighter. The kissing became more intense as they explored the depth of each other's mouths. Hands begun to wonder to each other's shoulders, neck, and face. They clung to each other, kissing like they'd been doing it all along. It was natural and knowing, hot and passionate. Buffy was feeling the dampness collect between her thighs. Spike was an excellent kisser and stopping was out of the question. The more kisses she showered on him the more she received in return.

Spike was devouring her mouth. The softness of Buffy's lips made him never want to stop kissing her. The mixture of sweat and vanilla musk on her skin aroused him. There was something primitive about it that turned him on. He licked the saltiness from her neck while Buffy stroked his erection. He groaned from the friction pulling her onto his lap as she outstretched her body along his. She pressed it against him and reclined the seat. He caressed her ass, grinding his hardness into her, kissing her deeply. Buffy lifted his t-shirt, running her hands over his hard chest. The feel of his erection pressed against her erect clit made it throb. Spike's hands trailed under her sport's bra pinching her nipples. She moaned, holding his hand in place and showering him with wet erotic kisses over his lips. They touched and kissed for hours finally ending when Buffy achieved an unexpected orgasm and Spike's cock stuck to his jeans. The gates leading to passion had opened and they both knew there was no turning back.

A/N: I hope you liked the chapter. Please review, I need it.