Willow was staring into space with Buffy had a conversation that was one sided.

“So then my dad ran off with the secretary who, by the way was a skanky hoe bag and I might as well be talking to a brick wall mightn’t I” she rambled catching her friends far away look. Still though Buffy got no answer and followed the redheads gaze.

There was Oz leaning casually against the school building while talking to Xander.

“Willow Rosenberg” Willow jumped out of her chance and turned to look back at Buffy” that reminds me how did, you and Oz go at the Bronze, any progress.”

“We’re going out on a date Friday night” Willow smiled.

“I’m happy for you.” Buffy said smiling sweetly “Oz seems like a great guy and if he hurts you, well I can’t be held responsible for what will come to pass.” Willow turned to her friend with a huge genuine smile on her face andBuffy swore, a few unshed happy tears in her eyes.

“Really? You’d do that for me?” Willow asked self consciously.

“Of Course Wills.” Buffy said pulling her in for a hug “Why won’t I? We are friends, great friends.”

“I know but, I’ve never really had a girl as my friend before, and until you came I didn’t want to they were mean picked on me and” she trailed off. Buffy put her hand on Willows, urging her to continue.

“some tried to hit me” she ended stammering. Buffy pulled back shocked and looked Willow in the eyes

“Who Willow?”

“Just these two loonies, they haven’t been near me for months.”

“Willow if they come near you again, at all, I want you to call me okay so I can ……talk some sense into them okay.”

“Okay”

The bell sounded through the grounds.

“Come on Wills, torture in the form of learning awaits.”

“Learning is good, takes your mind off boys.” Willow said watching Oz pick up his bag.

“So does Ice Cream, What do we have.”

“We have Chemistry.”

“I would usually just skip that” Buffy said. Willow got a horrified look. “I mixed the wrong chemicals more than once and burn holes in the desk,” she looked thoughtful for a moment before adding” and the roof.” Willow gave her a shocked look. ”By accident! So by skipping I was giving the equipment a break.”

“How did you manage to burn holes, especially in the roof.” Willow looked confused.

“Never quite figured that part out.” Buffy said “Oh well the past is History, which I also suck at.”

“It’s okay, I will be your chem partner and if you need it, I shall tutor you.” She told he blonde friend proudly.

“Thanks Will.”

“It’s Okay, What’s your favorite subject anyway?”

“Gym” Buffy said smiling.

“Figures,” she looked at Buffy’s timetable “And ooh look you have it today.”

“Fantastic, majorly makes up for the chemistry.” She said with a smile.

(During chemistry)

“Buffy, No!” Willow said franticly and grabbed the iron nail off her.

“Thanks for stopping me from making that macho mistake, What was the mistake again.” she said meekly.

“When you add they iron nail to the blue copper solphate solution in the test tube, you have to gently and carefully slide the nail in on an angle. You were about to just drop it in there.”

“Which, would upset the delicate chemical balance.” Buffy said with understanding.

“No, the point of the nail will break the test tube and blue stuff and glass would go everywhere” Willow smiled good naturedly.

“Oh,” Buffy looked at the test tube regretfully.” I really hate chemistry that tube breaking would have embarrassed me and,” she faked gasped” I can’t bring me self to say it”

“Ruin your clothes” Willow smiled.

“Ruin my clothes.” Buffy sighed “I am forever in your gratitude.”

(During History)

Willow nudged Buffy who shot awake

“Prince Hector, Achilles!” She automatically said then turned to Willow who now had a puzzled look on her face. “What?”

“Buffy we are studying the French Revolution, not the Trojan War”

“Oh I know, I just watched Troy on the weekend” she started smiling “ and I was having a really good dream.”

“I haven’t seen that movie, Is it good?”

“Hell Yeah!” Buffy said and then bell rung for lunch.

Willow and Buffy made their way through the halls to the cafeteria. They had kept their books with them so Willow could help Buffy understand what had happened in class.

“Buffy.” Buffy turned around and there was Spike, clad in black, In the middle of the almost empty corridor.

“Luv, Can we talk?” He asked her

Buffy smiled and turned to Willow, “Wills do you mind, if I meet you in there.?”

“No, it’s fine. I want to get something from my locker anyway, might help with your knowledge absorption rate.” Willow then smiled and went to go to her locker.

Buffy turned to Spike and smiled.

“So, what is it you wanted to talk about.”

“Us, pet.”

Buffy’s smile faded “Well that can’t be good.”

Spike smiled softly “No, luv. I just well. I………Bloody Hell.” He ran his hand through platinum hair tousling it, unbeknownst to him into sexy, soft curls. She smiled at his nervousness.

“It’s Ok, you can tell me.”

He looked up at him, his intense blue eyes locking with hers and drawing her in and locking with her emerald orbs. “Will you go out with me? Officially?”

“Love too.” She grinned widely.

“Great, pet.” They both leaned in and he circled his arms around her waist as they kissed. When they came up for air Spikes smirk faded as he looked at the clock behind her.

“Bloody Hell. Pet, I have to go I’m late.”

“For what?, Lunch?” She asked in confusion.

“Detention.”

“Why? What did you do?”

“Nothing,” she raised her eyebrow at him “I didn’t do anything that’s kind of the problem. You know, they should know better than expect me to come to every class.”

“Yes, bad them” she laughed

“Exactly.” He lent down and gave her another kiss before heading to the principals office.

Buffy approached the doors to the cafeteria and the doors opened, narrowly avoiding her face, she was about to say something when she realized that these were the girls Willow had pointed out to her during the day when they were heading to History. Darla and Drusilla, the girls that had picked on Willow.

Where are they going Buffy thought. The halls were supposed to be empty usually at this time of day. They didn’t notice her and continued walking down the long hallway with linked arms and Drusilla giggling and the two girls turned left.

Why did they go in that direction? Buffy wondered. From what Willow had told her, their lockers were in a different wing of the school. Why did they go in that direction? There’s only Art classrooms and Music classrooms in that wings and they seem more like Drama people all strange and moody. This just doesn’t feel right. Then it clicked to her.

That was the direction Willow had gone. She broke off into a run in that direction.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We’re going to teach Biffy a lesson aren’t we Mummy? Make her burn?” Drusilla chided.

“Yes, Dru. Lessons will be taught today. She will be lead, by example.” Darla smiled down at her friend. Life was fun.

“Yes, teacher will have no rotten students in class. One bad apple can spoil the bunch.’

They rounded the final corner and reached their goal.

Darla smiled “Hello Willow.”

A/N Sorry Willow. You will have your moment.