Both Joyce and Buffy were uncomfortable with Buffy driving in an unfamiliar town as she was not that much of an experienced driver so Joyce gave her a ride to school.

Joyce was not worried about her daughter’s grades because it may not seem like it but Buffy was an incredibly smart girl. She got over 90% in all her tests and A’s weren’t rare even though Buffy didn’t listen in class.

It was Buffy’s attitude that had Joyce worried. She was incredibly headstrong. Buffy was a black belt in karate and an excellent gymnast, she could handle herself and she let people know it by trying to defend people who deserved help. In her own words she ‘doesn’t take any crap and other people shouldn’t either.’

Buffy was very protective over Dawn- Buffy’s 16 year old sister. She would be moving in with them when they got settled and unpacked, until then she was their father and Joyce’s ex husband Hank who had an affair with his secretary.

She was in no way a bad person but she did have a problem with authority figures and bullies. Joyce wondered how Buffy was going to fit in.

Back in LA she had a tight knit group of friends who stuck up for each other. Faith, who was Buffy’s best friend, Fred, who was the level headed one of the group and Anya, the really straightforward one. They even had a rock band called Slayer. Anya played drums, Fred played keyboard, Faith played lead guitar and did the back up vocals and Buffy did base guitar and lead vocals.

And boyfriends! The last boyfriend Buffy had, Angel, Buffy had broken up with before they moved to Sunnydale. Buffy didn’t really believe in long relationships and wanted to give both of them a free rein and Joyce could only hope for a nice boy this year.

Angel had been heartbroken calling the house a lot promising Buffy everything in order to get her back but now she only wanted to be friends and his dad was not going to move to Sunnydale for them to be close and his mom had left years ago. Buffy was surprisingly un upset.

They pulled up in front of Sunnydale high and Buffy opened the door to get out.

“Buffy,”

“Yeah mom”

“Have a good day sweetie and try to behave honey.”

“Will do.” Buffy said as she got out of the car and began the long walk into her new high school.