Buffy and Willow had music next period and made their way to the room.

"So Willow, what do you play?" Buffy asked her friend.

"Oh I play violin and cello." She replied meekly.

"That's so great! How long?"

"Ever since I was little. What do you play."

"I play piano, and I can play electric guitar, but I prefer base because its easier for me to sing and play that than do the solos as well, I leave that to Faith she rocks."

"Faith?"

"Oh she's my friend, she lives in LA and plays in our play."

"Oh cool you have a band and sing, are you gunna sing and play something on the piano today, please do, plezzzz."

"Ok as long as I can here you play." Buffy said happily

"Deal."

They walked into the music room and sat down before the teacher sent them off into the rooms in small groups to practice their playing Buffy and Willow were put with Xander and Gunn.

They walked into the small room which had a keyboard, some guitars, some classical instruments and a drum kit.

"Hi I'm Xander and this is Gunn." He introduced them politely.

"I'm Buffy, nice to meet you."

"So ladies whos taking what?"

"Will promised me that she'd play me something," She said turning to the girl in question. "So what'll it be?"

Willow got a violin and sat down on a chair and played a beautiful tune.

When she finished Buffy clapped and whopped along with Xander and Gunn, Willow was very talented.

"Ok Buff, I went through with my end of the deal what are you going sing."

"You sing?" Xander asked 'Spike could use a female for some duets or features in our songs.' He thought

"Yeah I do." She said sitting down at the keyboard she adjusted the volume and settings.

"Here I go" and with that she began to play a beautiful tune which she was very good at.

She then started to sing with a deep kind of voice (think Amy Lee a little bit)

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong
Why carry on without me?

Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

She had a great voice and the others in the room admired her and her playing.

I make believe
That you are here
It's the only way
I see clear
What have I done
You seem to move on easy

And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song is my sorry

Ohhhh

At night I pray
That soon your face
Will fade away

And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you baby


When she stopped playing Willow came over to her and throwing all her reservations aside hugged Buffy and told her that she was great.

"Thanks Wills you were great too."

Willow pulled back with a smile on her face. "You called me 'Wills' "

"I can stop if you want." Buffy smiled

"Nah Buff I luv it." Willow said.

"I've never heard that song before." Xander said to her.

"Me and Dawnie, that's my little sister we wrote it."

"It was really good thanks, ready to show your stuff Xand."

"You betcha he said picking up a base guitar while Gunn sat down at the drums and they began absently making awesome sounds.

Buffy picked up a electric guitar and walked over to Willow and showed her how to use it and how it was like a cello turned on its side and soon se too was playing and having fun, Buffy herself then picked up one herself and began 'shredding' some great sounding tunes.

.................................................................................................................

Buffy had to miss out on lunch to go to the principals office to take a test to determine at what level she was at in her studies- which she passed with flying colors- and Willow had asked her to go to the Bronze that night and when she was walking home she was wondering what she should wear.