Buffy woke up to the sunlight streaming through her curtains. She looked at the alarm clock which read 6:30.

After having a shower she blow dried her hair straight and dressed in baggy green cargos that where tight on her hips and a black singlet top. She applied eyeliner, mascara and lip-gloss before heading downstairs.

She entered the kitchen to find Dawn dressed in light blue pants and a white shirt at the breakfast bar eating cereal.

“Hey Buff’

“Hey Dawnie” Buffy said pouring herself some milk and putting on some toast.

“So are you sure Spikes alright with taking us to school?”

“Yeah, he said he would take us any time we wanted, we only had to call. It’s good though ‘cos I haven’t got my car back yet and mom had to go to work at the gallery at 5 am.”

Spikes car pulled up in the driveway.

“Get your stuff Dawn, Spikes here”

“Yep ready” Dawn replied as they gathered up their bags locked up the house and headed outside to the awaiting Desoto and Spike who was leaning against it.

“Hello luv” Spike smirked, he was wearing his trademark back jeans, T-shirt, doc martins and a leather duster with his hair spiked up.

“Hey yourself” Buffy said walking up to him and kissing him as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Eww much” Dawn said as she wrinkled up nose and got in the backseat.

“Mmmmm we have to go to school now.” Buffy told him as she reached for the door handle of the passenger side when Spike pulled her back to his lips and snaked an arm around her and pulling his body back to his.

After a while of Buffy making no attempt to resist she pulled away yet again and got in the car.

“Buffy” Spike groaned as he got in the car himself.

“Spike there is a thing called school, which, right now we have to get to so. Drive mister.”

“Buffy since when did you care about school?” Dawn said laughing

“I have always cared about school” Buffy pouted

“Gee I hope you don’t care about me like you do, I so do not want to be set on fire.”

“I did not set the school on fire.” She murmured

“No just the gym.” The brunette said from the back.

“You do have a certain fire about you don’t you.” Spike laughed

“Hey, you’ve probably done worse.’ Buffy defended

Spike just smirked “No comment.”

When they pulled up in the crowded school parking lot Dawn excitedly rushed in the building before Buffy or Spike had time to even say goodbye.

Buffy and Spike got out of the car and held hands as they made their way through the lot.

Buffy could see a lot of jealous girls giving her envious look and especially a creepy brunette giving her the evil eyes but Spike seemed oblivious.

Buffy was used to girls sending jealous looks her way anyway, It had happened all the time in LA with Angel……… but they had broken up now and she had gotten over him and she hoped he had gotten over her.

“Buffy” she turned to see Willow coming towards them.

“Hey Wills”

“Hi Buffy, Hi Spike.” Spike smiled

“How are you Red?”

“Good thanks, I am of the good.” She said nervously her eyes flittering down to their joined hands

“I have to go Spike, see you later?”

“Absolutely” he said leaning down to kiss her before saying “Bye pet, Red” and heading off to his friends.

Buffy turned to Willow “So, Willow what’s up?”

“Umm, Buffy…” she began nervously “What exactly is happening between you and Spike.

Buffy looked at Spikes retreating form before replying

“I don’t’ know Willow, I don’t know.”

Spike approached his friends and received a hearty pat on the back from Xander.

“Mate, what happened with you and Buffy? I saw you two kissing in the middle of the parking lot no less. Score one for Captain Peroxide.”

“Ha ha whelp”

“So Spike man, what is it with you and the lovely Miss Summers.” Gunn asked him.

“I’m not sure; it’s all moving pretty fast.” Spike said truthfully “I’m aware of that but still…..” he trailed off looking pensive for a moment. “But I think I’m falling for her.” He then gave Xander, Gunn, Wesley and Oz pointed looks. “If any of say anything about his, I’ll kick your arse up and down Main Street.”

“I’m happy for you, she sure seems a lot better than you’re ex” Wesley stated.

“Yeah Spike, Your dark princess was a loose cannon.” Oz agreed

“Drusilla was completely nuts man, no offence we know you had that warped love thing going on.” Gunn pointed out.

“Its fine, she was completely off her bird, it wasn’t meant to be.” Spike told his friends.