Spike Giles the resident rebel of Sunnydale high leaned against his locker surrounded by his friends Oz, Xander, Gunn and Weasley. Spike was 5"11 with a lean muscular build, piercing blue eyes and an English accent that made girls swoon over him.

His hair was bleach blonde and spiked up and he wore dark blue jeans combat boots and a fairly loose black top that was sleeveless to highlight his muscles and had Sid Vicious a guitarist from the Sex Pistols on it. He lived with his uncle Rupert the librarian at Sunnydale high. (A/N For all over his appearance, think "Lovers walk" when he's fighting the New York slayer, but he's a bit younger.)

His friend Oz is about 5"9 with red hair; right now anyway he dyes it a lot. He was always calm, cool and collected.

Xander is 5"11 with brown hair so dark it was almost black and he was the goofy one of the group who had girl trouble.

Gunn is a 5"10 African American with a shaved head. He was a cool free spirit who was pretty much self dependant he was a really nice guy too.

And Wesley is 5"10 with light brown hair and thin silver rimmed glasses. He is English, but with a completely different accent to Spike. Wesley's was upper-class and he was known to be the book smart one of the group.

They had a band that had regular gigs at the Bronze (the only club in Sunnydale worth going to.) The bands name was Dingoes at my Baby and Spike was the lead singer and played the guitar, Oz was the lead guitarist, Xander played base guitar, Gunn played the drums and Weasley was on keyboard.

Spike started listening to his friend's conversation; they seemed to be having a debate over animal crackers – again.

"Oz they monkey cracker wears pants because he is the most human of the crackers therefore the best cracker." Xander said argumentivley "Think of the pants as like a crown."

"Xander," Oz said calmly." You're discriminating between animal crackers, the crackers are equals."

"Yeah and it's not like they don't all end up the same anyway." added Gunn cooly.

The doors of Sunnydale opened making sunlight pour in the hall, and most students instinctively looked up as the most beautiful girl Spike had ever seen with long golden hair walked in. Spike could see the jocks, the snobby girls and others including his friends look her but she seemed oblivious. The 5"4 girl dressed in balck jeans and a red top. Spike could tell she was no junior 'prob'ly some well educated transfer student' Spike thought as he watched her make her way towards the large reception window and the principals office.

He could see the jocks smirk and elbow each other and felt anger envelope him, he was pretty sure what they were going to try to do and although he had just seen her he felt strangely protective.

When seen had entered the principals office Xander whistled and turned back to the group.

"She was hot." He said.

"Probably stuck up though." Gunn told the group.

"How do you figure?" Asked Oz curiously.

"Look at her man most guys would bow to her every whim." Gunn explained.

"I know I would." Xander commented.

"Me to." Wesley added

"And who could blame us?" Xander questioned.

"I know I wouldn't." Spike said staring at the office door that the mysterious girl had disappeared through.