Authors: slayer rock chick AND spikesslayer29590

Disclaimer: we do not own any of the Buffy universe, that belongs to Joss Whedon

Summary: Tara, Buffy and Dawn take willow to a doctor to find out what’s wrong with her

Chapter two: She'll be ok

Buffy pushed the cold compress to Willows forehead and held her down again as she began thrashing anew. Tara wove through the little streets with precision and ease. Buffy could see she was trying to say calm as well. For Dawns sake as well as Willows. Tara wasn’t driving them to a normal hospital, se was taking them to a Wicca specialist that Tara had found out through a new Wicca group at college (much more reliable than the one she had met Willow through) After her and Willow had broke up she had looked for other witches to practice with.

Dawn had already rung Xander on Buffys cell and he said that he would meet them there, but Buffy was unsure where there was, she hoped that he could follow Taras hurried directions but then he could always ring back. They pulled up outside an old rundown building with boarded windows and rusted crucifixes, above every window and door. Tara got out of the car and helped Buffy maneuver Willow out of the car and up the old majestic steps of the brick building. They reached the faded oak doors front doors and dawn held them open as they entered.

Inside Buffy was amazed by what she saw, people, friendly looking demons, witches, it was like a hospital, but with no vampires ‘Suppose all the human blood would be way too tempting’ Buffy thought. The place was nice, neat and smelled of disinfectant. It was one of the less scary hospitals Buffy had been to as the wall were adorned with shelves of beautiful (though fake) flowers and decorative ornaments that made the place feel cheery, which was quite obviously the vibe the place was going for.

An older woman ran over to them where they were standing. She had shoulder length brown hair and judging by her pass on her white coat she was a doctor.

“Something’s wrong, she needs help!” Tara told the woman. Keeping a firm grip on Willows legs

“Ok follow me this way.” The forty years or so woman told them before turning on her heel and leading through the pristine magic hospital.

She led them into an empty room at the end of one of the corridors, it was dimly lit and there was nothing in it besides the bed. It seemed top be one of the more secure rooms but judging by Willows regular thrashing Buffy thought it was best as there were less things Willow could knock over or bump into and hurt herself on.

“Lie her down there.” The woman said pointing at the bed and she moved aside so Buffy and Tara could lower her down and make her comfortable. “My name is Dr. Craft and we need to do a few tests to find out what exactly is wrong.” Willow was now on the bed, her eyes were still out of focus and red. Her heavy breathing had not disappeared.

Dr Craft left the room and returned a few minutes later accompanied by two robed figures. They were about 3 feet taller Buffy which just made her feel short. But she didn’t get any bad vibes from these guys “I am going to have to ask you to leave, just until we can determine the problem.”

“No,” Tara said firmly, all three of them shocked by her tone. “I m-mean I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“It’s alright miss” The woman said in an understanding tone. “We can help her but we need to do this, please”

“Tara” Dawn began she knew they needed to do something Willow had began twitching again. She looked down at her red hair friend and her eyes widened. “Buffy!”

A small lump was raising out of Willows hand it grew bigger then began to travel up Willow arm.

“Buffy!” Dawn cried starting towards Willow but Dr Craft held her back.

“No,” the doctor told them “Its ok, we have it under control she’s okay”

“How is she okay?” Tara cried running forwards but then the two robed figures began chanting also. The lump stopped in its tracks and went back towards her hand shrinking as it went. Until it disappeared fully. Dr Craft turned towards Tara who had been held back by Buffy when the chanting begun. Buffy let go of her

“Tara,” the kind doctor told them “she’ll be okay but we need answers to find a cure.”

“Okay” she agreed hesitantly

The three of them left and shut the door behind them. Dawn shaking, Buffy looking lost and Tara looking sad and numb, hugging herself and crying silent tears. Xander was walking down the hall when he saw the three girls and ran up to them engulfing them in a hug as Dawn explained what had happened.

Thirty minutes later the doctor reappeared, Tara, Buffy, Dawn and Xander to hear what she had to say, whether it be good news or bad.

“We’ve found out what’s wrong, she has a parasite in her, it appears to turn the person dark and feeds them bad energy through their magic, she has been stronger than most to last this long against it.” Dr Craft told them.

“So is Willow going to be okay?” Buffy asked

“She will be,” came her reply “we need to perform a set spell to destroy the parasite, over a few weeks it won’t hurt her and she’ll be fine afterwards, but not if we don’t start soon.”

“Good “They all said relief evident on their faces. Buffy held Dawn tightly as the relief set in.

Over the next few weeks they came to visit Willow more and more often and each time Willow became more and more coherent and the spasms soon stopped ad her eyes return to their usual green.

When Willow found out what had happened to her, she felt relived that it wasn’t totally her, but sick at the same time. She was being controlled and there was something in her that she didn’t even know about. Anya tried to comfort her but telling her that she also had a parasite and the nasty little blighters just have no respect for anything, including a hard working demon and that it happened to the best of them.

But out of Willows ordeal something good did come out of it for her- Tara. Now the Willow was well and healthy they could be together with no threat of completely losing control and going dark and deep with the magic the Wicca’s used frequently. They moved out of Buffys house and back in together. They could be a couple again.

‘Well’ Buffy thought ‘At least that’s someone happy’ due to Willows illness she had been at the hospital pretty much all the time doing her bit to help willows rehabilitation or patrolling the dank streets around the hospital vampires seemed to love to frequent (probably the smell of blood from the hospital ) and she hadn’t seen Spike yet.