Chapter 3


Buffy couldn't keep the smile off of her face the next day. She couldn't believe that Spike was making her feel this way. She knew that she didn't love him and he understood that, but she was starting to. He just made her happy and she had to admit that the kiss was amazing. It was nothing compared to the kisses she shared with Angel and Riley. She walked into the Bronze because she was meeting her friends there; they all needed a night of fun. She saw them all already sitting at a table and she went to join them. They were all deep into a conversation when Buffy felt a familiar tingle that let her know when a vampire was around. She turned to the bar to see Spike sitting there having a drink. He then turned around like he could sense her also and caught her staring at him. She blushed a little and turned away and when she turned back to him he was smiling at her. She couldn’t remember ever seeing him smile like that. She smiled back and really wanted to go over to him, but she didn't know what she would tell her friends. She got her opportunity when they all got up to dance. Buffy then looked back to the bar and saw Spike get up and walk out of the Bronze. She waited a few minutes and took a deep breath and went after him. When she got outside she saw him leaning against a wall and he smiled when he saw her. They were at the same place where they met years ago and Buffy couldn't believe how much has changed since then. "Took you long enough." He told her and she smiled and walked over to him.


"Sorry to keep you waiting." She replied. There was strong wind that night and her hair was blowing around her face. Spike caught some of it and brushed it behind her ear.


"I would wait forever for you." Spike leaned towards her and kissed her pouty lips, sucking on her bottom lip. She kissed him back, opening her mouth to give his tongue entrance. He couldn't get enough of her, but he pulled away because he knew that she had to breathe and he rested his head on hers. "You're amazing." He whispered to her and she gave him a smile.


"You're not so bad yourself." Buffy then had a serious expression on her face as she looked at him. "What are we going to do? I really want to tell my friends, but I'm scared. I don't want them to hate me for getting involved with another vampire, especially after what happened with Angel." Spike nodded and looked at her.


"If they were really your friends then they would support whatever you did, but you don't have to tell them if you don't want to. I could be your dark little secret if you like. It doesn't matter to me as long as I'm with you, that's all I care about." Buffy shook her head.


"I don't want you to be a secret, Spike. That wouldn't be fair to you. I will tell them, just have to find the right time to do it." Spike nodded.


"Okay, and when you do I'll be right by your side." Buffy looked up at him.


"You will?" She asked him.


"Of course, I wouldn't let you do it alone. We're in this together, love." Buffy agreed.


"Well, I think I would only have to worry about Giles and Xander. My mom and Dawn both love you and Willow won't care as long as I'm happy and I don't have to worry about Anya and Tara respects you ever since you helped her out with her family. So, it shouldn't be so hard. I'm probably just worrying over nothing." Spike nodded and kissed her forehead.


"That's my girl." He said and she smiled at him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.


"Always," she replied. Spike returned her smile and then noticed her shiver.


"Are you cold?" He asked and she nodded.


"Maybe a little." Spike then took off his duster and put it around her; she placed her arms in the sleeves. It was big on her, but it felt really comfortable and she loved the smell of leather and tobacco which was so Spike. "Thanks," she said and Spike nodded. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. The duster was way too big, but she looked gorgeous in it. "Let's go for a walk. I don't really wanna go home yet. I'll tell my friends later that I wasn't feeling well and decided to leave early." Spike agreed and took her hand in his and they walked away from the Bronze. Someone then stepped out of the shadows and watched them walk away.


"My William has been a very bad dog. Soon we'll be a family again." Drusilla said as she walked out into the night.