Chapter 5

"Drusilla, what did you do?" Spike said as he moved closer to his ex.

"The bad Slayer was tearing our family apart. I have come to make you the way you were my sweet William." Spike looked past her and noticed that Buffy was starting to wake up. She looked right at Drusilla and pulled on the chains trying to break them, but she wasn't having much luck. Spike ignored Drusilla and went to Buffy's side.

"Are you alright?" She nodded and kept her eyes on Drusilla.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"That's what I’d like to know." Spike said as he turned back to Drusilla. "I don't know what you're playing at, but I'm getting Buffy out of here. Where is the key, Dru?" Drusilla giggled and spun around.

"The stars have swallowed it whole. Can you see them, Spike?" Spike rolled his eyes.

"Would you quit it with the bloody stars! We're inside, Dru!" Drusilla giggled again.

"I can see them." She walked over to Buffy. "I knew, before you did. I knew you loved the Slayer." She then turned her attention back to Spike. "Can we play with her for a bit?" Spike sighed.

"I'm through playing, Dru. Let her go!" Drusilla laughed again and then grew serious.

"Am I still your princess?" She said with a pout.

"I'm sorry, love. That position has already been filled by another. You left me which caused me to come back here. It's your fault and you're just going to have to accept that I no longer love you the way I used to." Drusilla looked back at Buffy and brushed her hair out of the way to expose her neck.

"It's been a while. You want something warm again my William. We can make her one of us." Spike looked at Buffy's face and walked over to Drusilla. He had enough as he grabbed Dru by the neck and threw her down to the ground. She looked up at him surprised since he has never been so rough with her before. He realized that he didn't feel sorry about it.

"Don't touch her! Do you think I want her to be like me? I know we can't have any real future like this, but that still doesn't mean that I will ever consider changing her. I love her the way she is." He then walked over to Drusilla who was still on the ground and kneeled down in front of her. He reached into one of her pockets and pulled the key out. He got up and went back to Buffy. He unchained her and she touched her wrists which were red from trying to break free of the chains. Spike looked at her and touched her face where she had a pretty nasty bruise. He felt anger and hatred towards Drusilla which he never felt before. He turned back to look at the woman he once loved. "I'm going to say this once. Get the hell out of my town, Dru. I don't want you coming back and if you ever come near her again I won't hesitate to kill you." Drusilla looked saddened as she finally stood up.

"My poor William, not even I can help you now. You're so lost." Spike looked away from her.

"Just go." He stated in a calm voice. With that Drusilla turned and walked away. Spike sighed and turned back to Buffy and she still seemed to be out of it. "Buffy, are you okay?" She looked up at him and gave him a smile to reassure him that she was fine.

"Yeah, just a little tired. How are you?" She looked at him and he gave her a smile.

“Better than I thought I would be. Why didn’t you kill her, pet?” He asked and Buffy looked down.

“I couldn’t do that.” She replied as she looked back at him. “I couldn’t do that to you. I know how much she means to you.” Spike caressed her face.

“She doesn’t mean as much to me anymore as you do, Buffy. I guess you’re right though, if anyone is to kill her it should be me. I swear if she shows her face around here again that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” Buffy nodded and he wrapped his arm around her. "Let's get you home, love." Buffy leaned into his embrace as they walked out of the crypt. She was still surprised that he chose her over Drusilla; she then realized that she did love him and knew that she wouldn't be able to live without him. She didn't care what they had to face in the future; as long as they did it together then everything would be okay.