Chapter 6

Buffy and Spike walked hand in hand to the Magic Box over a week later. They have gotten closer since the whole Drusilla incident and everyone else has noticed also and they actually let Spike help out instead of arguing with him all the time. They didn’t tell anyone about Drusilla. They walked up to the shop and Buffy looked in to see that everyone was there including Dawn. She would have to tell her mother about them later. She took a deep breath and turned her attention back to Spike. "Before we go in I want you to promise me something." He just nodded and waited for her to continue. "No matter what happens, I want you to promise me that you'll never leave. I don't think I can handle it again." Spike then pulled her into his arms for a hug.

"I promise. I'm not going anywhere, love." Spike said as he pulled away and looked at her. "You're stuck with me. I'm not like those other wankers." He said and she smiled at him.

"Good, now let's get this over with." She said as she grabbed his hand again and they both walked into the magic shop. Everyone looked up when they walked in and didn't know what to say when they realized that Buffy was holding Spike's hand. "I have something to tell you guys and I hope that you all can accept it." She stopped to look at Spike and then back to the others. "Spike and I are together now and that's how it's going to be. You don't have to like it, but I hope as my friends you would accept it and be supportive of my decision." Buffy stopped to look at everyone's reactions and they didn't say anything, instead almost everyone turned to look at Willow. She saw them all staring at her and was offended at what they were implying.

"Don't look at me. I had nothing to do with this." Buffy rolled her eyes.

"This isn't a spell, guys. I love Spike for real and we're going to be together whether you like it or not. For once I'm not worrying about what other people think and I'm doing what I want." Spike looked at her with a surprised expression on his face. Buffy smiled up at him and gave his hand a squeeze to assure him that what she was saying was true. They were all quiet after that and Giles was the first one to speak up.

"I need a drink." He said as he went to get a scotch.

"Make that two." Xander called after him. Dawn then squealed and got up to hug her sister and then Spike. He was surprised at first, but then hugged the girl back.

"I'm so happy for you guys. I knew this would happen." She told them and Buffy smiled at her sister.

"Yes, it is a happy occasion. Has Spike given you many orgasms?" Anya asked being as blunt as ever. Buffy blushed and Spike smiled.

"Bloody hell." They all heard Giles reply in the back. Xander then groaned and turned to look at his girlfriend.

"Anya, this isn't the time for that." He told her.

"What, I'm just asking. It's not like he has a soul to lose." She mumbled. Willow ignored them and looked at Buffy.

"Well, I'm not sure what to say. I just want you to be happy, Buffy. If Spike makes you happy then that's all that matters." She said as she hugged her friend. She then hugged Spike which again took him by surprise. "Congratulations you guys." She told them and Spike smiled at her.

"I knew I always liked you, Red." Willow returned his smile.

"One more thing though, Spike. If you ever hurt her I will make you sorry that you were ever born a man." Spike gulped and stepped away from her.

"Right, wouldn't want that now. I won't hurt her." He said with a serious expression as he looked at Willow and she nodded and sat back down. Tara gave her hand a squeeze and looked up at Buffy.

"I'm happy for you, too." She said and Buffy smiled at her.

"Thank you." She replied as she then looked back at Xander. Xander saw how her face looked while she waited for him to say something and he knew that she would be crushed if he didn't give his approval. He sighed and then stood before Buffy and gave her a hug also.

"I love you, Buff. I just want what's best for you so whatever you decide, I'll be supportive guy." Buffy smiled at him and he smiled back and then turned his gaze to Spike. "Just be good to her and we won't have a problem." Spike nodded.

"Always, mate." Xander nodded also and sat back down next to Anya who also gave his hand a squeeze. Giles then came back and Buffy really worried about what he would say. He looked at his Slayer and his face softened.

"All I can say is be careful. You're not a little girl anymore, Buffy. I trust that you know what you're doing. You know I'll always be here for you." Buffy then sighed in relief and went to hug her father figure.

"Thank you, Giles." She pulled away and he nodded. Everyone then got back to what they were doing and Buffy left the shop to get some air, Spike right behind her. "That went better than I thought it would." She said as Spike came next to her and put his arm around her.

"Yeah, I knew it would." He said as he kissed the top of her head. "We just have to tell your mum now and I'm sure that would go okay. You don't by any chance have any axes lying around your house that she could get a hold of, do you?" Buffy laughed and looked up at him.

"Don't worry, it's safe." She looked away from him and thought of something. "I have to tell Angel. It would be hard, but he has a right to know that I've moved on and that I'm happy. It is what he wanted even though I'm sure this isn't exactly what he had in mind." Spike then turned to her with a big smile on his face.

"Oh, please let me be there when you tell him?" Buffy rolled her eyes.

"You just wanna rub it in his face, don't you?" Spike smiled again.

"More than anything." He replied and she smacked him playfully on the arm.

"You're evil." She told him and he then pulled her towards him and captured her lips with his own.

"What can I tell you, baby. I've always been bad." He told her with a smirk and she rolled her eyes and then smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sure it was evil poetry you used to write." Spike looked down at her.

"Bloody hell, I'm going to kill Dawn." He said as he realized that she didn't keep his poetry a secret like he thought.

"It's not as bad as you think." Spike rolled his eyes.

"That's why I was really called William the Bloody, love. I couldn't write anything good." Buffy took his hand and looked into his eyes.

"If I tell you something you promise not to get mad?" Spike didn't know what she was getting at.

"Alright, I promise." Buffy nodded and continued.

"Dawn isn't the one that told me. I kinda figured it out. I went to your crypt the other day looking for you so we could patrol and you weren't there. When I went down to the lower level I found a poem that you wrote and I'm guessing it was about me unless there is another blonde in your life that I don't know about." She told him teasing and Spike looked away embarrassed.

"Did you read it?" Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on it. I just couldn't resist. It was amazing, Spike. No one has ever written something like that about me before. I loved it." Spike turned back to look at her with a surprised expression on his face. No one has ever said they liked his poetry before besides his mum.

"You did?" He asked her.

"I really did. It was beautiful." She looked away from his gaze and he put his finger under her chin and turned her gaze back to him.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?" Buffy smiled at him.

"Yeah, I think you make a habit of saying it every day." Spike bent down to kiss her lips again.

"Good and I'll continue to say it." He said as he wrapped his arms around her. Buffy leaned into his embrace and smiled. She couldn't believe how much has changed and she didn't care. She knew that she loved him and needed him in her life and she hoped that no matter what, he would always be there.