Epilogue

Buffy and Spike were sitting on the couch in her house. She was suddenly nervous as Spike was holding her hand. She was glad that her mother and Dawn were out for the night when someone knocked on her door. She turned to look at Spike. “You know we can always pretend we’re not here.” She told him and he shook his head.

“He would know we were. It’s best to just get it over with, love.” Buffy knew that he was right as she took a deep breath and got off the couch. She looked at him one more time before she went to open the door to reveal Angel who looked a little out of it.

“Where is he?” Angel asked and Buffy just put on a smile even though she wasn’t feeling it.

“Hey, Angel. It’s nice to see you, too. I’m doing fine by the way.” Angel sighed.

“Hi, Buffy. Now, where is he?” Buffy shrugged.

“Where’s who?” She asked innocently and Angel rolled his eyes as he walked past her and into the house. She sighed and closed the door after he was in. “Right, just come on in.” She said as she turned to look at him.

“You know who I’m talking about. Where’s Spike?” Buffy thought about it and then shrugged again.

“I don’t think I know anyone by that name.” Angel rolled his eyes again and Buffy could tell that he was starting to get irritated.

“Buffy, I’m not in the mood for games.” Buffy gave up and sighed.

“He’s in the living room.” She said and Angel nodded and headed into the living room. Spike got off the couch when he saw him.

“Well, if it isn’t Peaches. To what do we owe this displeasure?” He told him with a smirk and Angel glared at him.

“I wanna know what the hell is going on here?” He said as he looked at Spike and then Buffy. “Cordy told me that you called her and said that you and Spike were together and you wanted her to tell me because you weren’t sure how. So, I came straight here after I found out and now I want to hear it from you.” He said as he looked at Buffy and she really didn’t like the look he was giving her.

“Right, well you really didn’t have to come here.” She told him.

“I wanted us to talk in person. Tell me what she said was a joke, Buffy? Tell me you two aren’t really together?” Buffy looked at the floor and Spike decided to put his arm around her and bring her closer to him as he glared at Angel. He knew how hard this would be for Buffy so he decided to be the one to do the talking.

“We are together, Peaches. If you must know.” Buffy looked up at that moment to see Angel’s reaction and he wasn’t pleased.

“You can stop calling me that anytime now.” He said to Spike as he looked back at Buffy. “Is he telling the truth?” He asked her and Buffy nodded without even thinking about it.

“Yeah, he is. We’ve been dating for about a month now. We wanted to wait a bit before telling you.” Angel couldn’t believe it and grabbed Buffy’s arm, pulling her away from Spike and back to the front door.

“Buffy, you can’t be serious.” He said as the grip on her arm tightened and she flinched a little at the pain. Angel didn’t even realize that he was hurting her, but Spike could tell when he joined them. He grabbed Angel and shoved him away from her.

“Keep your hands off of my girl, mate.” He said as he went to Buffy’s side. Angel glared at him.

“She was my girl first.” He told him as he then looked back at Buffy with a softer gaze. “I know you still love me, Buffy.” Buffy looked back at him with tears in her eyes.

“I do love you, but I’m in love with Spike now. I’m sorry, Angel.” Spike took her hand and gave her a comforting squeeze and Angel still didn’t look happy.

“What the hell has been happening here? How can you be in love with Spike? He’s tried to kill you, Buffy. How do you know he’s not only getting you to trust him so you wouldn’t expect it when he turns on you?” That made Spike angry as he let Buffy go and got in Angel’s face.

“You don’t know anything about what I feel.” He stated as he pointed at Buffy. “This girl is my entire world and I will never hurt her. You hear me? I’m not you, Angel. I’m capable of loving her without a sodden soul which is more than you could ever do. I was willing to kill Drusilla for her which should tell you something.” Buffy then placed her hand back in Spike’s and gave it a squeeze. He looked at her and gave her a soft smile which Angel noticed. Buffy then walked over to Angel and knew what she had to say.

“We don’t live in each others worlds anymore, Angel. I told you that once before. I’m not the same person I was and a lot has changed since you left. I know you left so I could have a normal life, but that will never happen. I’m the Slayer and a normal life really isn’t in my future and I’ve accepted that. I’m happy though and I think that should be just as important. I also told you before that I was wrong to barge into your world and make judgments. So, I don’t think it’s right for you to barge into mine and do the same thing. A part of me will always love you, but my heart belongs to someone else right now and you will just have to deal. This isn’t some spell and I’m not going crazy or anything. I really do love Spike and I know that he loves me. You saw how he was with Drusilla. You know that when he loves someone he loves with all that he has. So, you should know that he would never hurt me. I really want us to be okay here. Are we okay?” Angel took in everything that she said and then nodded.

“Yeah, I could never stay mad at you for too long.” He said as he then gave her a hug. Spike growled a little at the display, but he didn’t say anything. Angel let her go and then looked at Spike. “I don’t like this, but I want you to take care of her.” He said and Spike nodded.

“Always,” Angel actually believed him and then opened the front door and walked out of the house. He gave them one more look before he walked away. Buffy closed the door when he was gone and turned back to Spike who had a relieved look on his face as he wrapped his arms around her in a hug. She rested her head on his chest.

“I think it went well.” She said as she looked up at him and he nodded and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. Buffy noticed that Spike was being too quiet. “Are you alright?” She asked and he nodded as he pulled away from her.

“Yeah, just a little scared for a second there.” Buffy didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Why would you be scared?” He looked back at her and sighed.

“I guess I had this feeling that if Angel ever showed up again, you might go back to him. It’s stupid, I know.” Buffy gave him a smile and walked closer to him.

“Yeah, it is pretty stupid. You have nothing to worry about, Spike.” She said as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He still didn’t seem so sure.

“It’s just that everyone usually chooses Angel over me it seems. Drusilla did it, when he was around it was like I didn’t even exist anymore.” Buffy could see the hurt on his face and wanted to assure him that he had nothing to worry about.

“That won’t happen with me, Spike. I’m not insane like Drusilla for one.” She said with a smile and Spike smiled back. “I’m also in love with you. She never did love you, did she?” Spike looked hurt again as he shook his head.

“No, she never did. She only needed me to take care of her. To be honest, you’re the first person that has ever said they loved me. Besides my mother anyway.” Buffy smiled and gave him a kiss on the lips.

“I hope I’ll be the last, too.” Spike smiled at her.

“That you will be. You’ve ruined me for other women, you know that?” He told her and she kissed him again.

“Yeah, I know. Let’s go upstairs and I can really show you how much I love you.” Spike then grabbed her hand and pulled her up the stairs.

“I won’t say no to that.” Buffy laughed as he pulled her into her bedroom and closed the door.

The End


That's all I have. I know it's short, but I'll have another story soon. Thanks for the reviews=)