Hermione glared at Draco from inside the Head Boy and Head Girl carriage as they headed up to the castle. She had been doing this for the past ten minutes, and it was starting to agitate him.

"Granger," he snapped, whipping his head around from where he had been looking out the window. "Would you bloody well stop that?"

"Stop what, Malfoy?" she retorted, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Your bloody glaring." He sighed, as if a huge burden had been placed on his shoulders. "You were doing it the entire train ride too, and you made the Slayer and her pet vampire stare at us."

"I wouldn't call him a 'pet', Draco," Hermione said, a wistful look entering her eyes as she thought of the sexy vampire. "Did you see his hair? And those eyes..." She sighd, resting her chin in her palm. "But, from the way he reacted to Ron, I have no choice but to think that he's utterly devoted to Buffy. I could never get someone like him."

Draco shifted uncomfortably in his seat, unused to talking this much to Granger. "That's...that's not true," he started. "You could have anyone you damn well wanted." He paused, reconsidering the affect his words might have on the bushy haired Gryffindor. "Just...not him."

The hope that had ignited in her eyes at his words, fadede at his closing statement, and a scowl settled over her features, disbelief evident on her face.

"I-I mean it," he persisted, and was frankly astounded to find that he did. "You're...for a muggle-born, I mean...bloody gorgeous."

She blushed from the compliment, and they were each silent for a few minutes before...

"I still hate you, you know."

"Likewise, Malfoy."

---

Meanwhile, out on the lake, Buffy clutched the edges of the boat, eyes shiut tight as she chanted to herself, "I'm not near the water, I'm not near the water, I'm not near the water." She cracked one eye open and it immediately swiveled downwards before she shut it again and launched herself at Spike, this time rambling, "Oh, god, I'm near the water, I'm near the water, I'M GOING TO DIE!"

Spike rubbed her back reassuringly, aware of the odd stares he was getting from the multiple eleven year olds near by. Resisting the urge to slip into game face, he said, "She drowned when she was sixteen, you ponces. Leave her the bleedin' hell alone!" They immediately began to ignore the agitated vampire and his panicked Slayer, but still whispered about them as the boats continued to surge against the small waves in the water.

---

Dawn heard Spike's yelling and couldn't help but sigh as she leaned against Connor, thankful that her boyfriend was a short tempered...well, vampire.

Which wasn't that hard to imagine, since he wasn't a vampire.

Well, his dad was...which made this whole situation awkward; dating her sister's ex-boyfriend's son.

She crinkled her nose up and buried her face into his chest as he rubbed her back in reassuring circles, trying to block out the sounds of Xander and Anya kissing and Oz's growling.

---

The minute they had been in teh one hundred mile radius of the school, Oz's wolf radar had gone off, alerting him to the presence of yet another werewolf.

Sensing both that it was a male and a possible threat to his claim, he had begun to growl softly, the volume rising with every foot they got closer.

Willow was now trying to calm his wolf down, rubbing his forehead and soothing him softly, letting him know that she was the only one for him.

---

Xander and Anya...well, they were currently involved in some serious kissing, so let's not disturb them.

---

"I'm near the water, I'm near the water, I'm gonna drown, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die..."

---

"Hey Harry, how do you th...GET YOUR BLOODY HANDS OUT OF GINNY'S ROBES!"

---

"So..." Hermione said, scratching her nose with one rose colored fingernail. . "What do you think of Buffy's troupe is doing with Hagrid?"

Malfoy snorted, not looking at her. "Probably afraid he's going to eat them. Or, in the Slayer's case, squash her since he's so big."

"Draco!" she gasped, horrified.

"What? You can't tell me that the first time you met him that you weren't afraid of him."

"No," Hermione said, her voice faltering. "Just...concerned about his size."

Draco couldn't help it; he burst into laughter and soon Hermione was following.

---

"Uh...luv? We're on land now, can you let go of me?" Spike managed to choke out from the death grip Buffy had on his neck.

"Oh," came the muffled voice from his neck. "Sorry." She stepped away and moved towards the castle, shifting her travel bag up her shoulder. Grabbing his hand in hers and swinging it between them, she asked, "So what do you think this place is like on the inside?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Probably the same as they describe it in the books."

"Oh...that's right...I keep on having trouble remembering that they're characters from a book. They seem so...so... real."

"Yeah," he said, bringing their joined hands up and kissing her knuckles. "Very real."

"Just as real as the sexual tension between Hermione and Draco." She fanned herself lightly/ "Did you see that?"

"Yeah," he murmured, and she didn't hear him. "Bloody well smelt it, too."

---

When they entered the Great Hall, Buffy, Spike, Xander, ANya, Willow and Oz were all greeted with an astounding amount of applause.

"Holy frijoles," Xander said, looking around. "They all...match."

Sure enough, the brightly dressed Scoobies found themselves standing out in a group of hundreds of black clad children, all standing and applauding them, along with a few...oddly dressed adults at the end of the jmassive hall.

And there, in the middle of it all, still standing tall at the age of 157, was Albus Dumbledore.

"Ms. Summers," he said softly when the applause died down and spread his arms out. "Welcome to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

TBC...