Elizabeth and William sat together outside their new "home," the only light now available that of the moon and the fire in front of them. William had managed to clean and cook the boar he had killed earlier, and Elizabeth had to admit that she was impressed by his culinary skills. The idea of eating the creature had been somewhat off-putting to her at first, but her suddenly ravenous stomach had convinced her to take a chance, and she was quite happy that she had. How William had managed to cook something so delicious with what little supplies they were offered was beyond her, but she didn't question it. She took another bite, hoping that she was managing to still eat like a lady even here in this setting.

Suddenly, Buffy looked down at the piece of meat she was holding and frowned. Something was very wrong. She knew she'd been Elizabeth for a moment, but something was different this time, something more unsettling than usual.

"Um, how did we get here?"

Buffy looked up at Spike as he spoke and realized what the problem was this time. "I have no clue. One second we were walking away from the pool, and then the next thing I knew I was coming off another one of those freaky Elizabeth mind switch things."

"William cooked this," Spike said, holding up a piece of boar meat. "I have no memory of actually doing that. Something's just telling me it happened."

"Do you think maybe our characters took over completely for a while?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know." Spike's brow furrowed as he thought for a moment. "Maybe we're skipping around in the narrative."

"Huh?"

"Well, maybe William cooked this, but it wasn't in the novel. Just mentioned, you know?"

"So we just what, skipped ahead a few pages?"

"No. It didn't happen because the book was leaving out the unimportant parts. But it's part of the story, so we think it happened."

Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. This was getting to be too much. "So now it's not only controlling our words and actions but jerking us around through time, too?"

"I suppose. It's just a theory. I'm not really understanding this anymore than you are, Buffy."

Buffy threw the meat down to the ground and stood up. "I can't take this anymore! I'm weak, all this Elizabeth-Buffy switch stuff is making my head hurt, and I'm wearing really silly clothes!" She started towards the shelter, but Spike ran after her, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her towards him.

"It'll be all right. Things look bad now, I know, but we'll get back."

"But I want to go home now! I've had enough of this stupid book."

"You're freaked out by what just happened, Buffy," Spike said, rubbing her arms as he realized she was trembling. "But you've faced worse, and you've survived. This isn't going to be the end of you, Slayer. I promise you that."

"But what if it is? What if I die here just like that guy we found earlier did?"

"You won't! None of this is real, Buffy. It's just a story, just fiction. And we're the main characters, all right? We're going to be okay. That guy, he was never anything but those bones."

"But it feels real! And what if it becomes real? What if we become William and Elizabeth, and we're stuck here forever, and this is our lives, and…"

Spike silenced her with a kiss. Buffy's eyes widened for a moment before she gave into the sensations he was creating inside of her, moaning against his mouth. He took it as an invitation, and slipped his tongue inside, hers eagerly moving to join. When they broke apart, both were gasping for air.

"William…"

William held on to Elizabeth's arms as if trying to push her away but not quite able to. "Oh, Elizabeth, I want you. I shouldn't, I know, but I cannot stop the tide of my desire."

Elizabeth turned her head, blushing furiously. "I…I want you, too, William. I…I give you permission."

"Elizabeth, my darling, you do not know what you're asking me to do…or how you're tempting me."

Elizabeth looked up, her expression both shy and full of unrealized desire. "I do know. I…I know what you want, William, and I'm willing to give it to you."

"Do you, Elizabeth? Do you know what happens between a man and a woman?"

Elizabeth breathed in deeply. "You could show me."

Her innocent yet lust-filled tone was William's undoing. He scooped her up, carrying her into the shelter. He laid her down on the bed of leaves, then stood again, Elizabeth's arms immediately reaching for him. "Don't worry, my sweet," he cooed as he took off his boots and shirt. "I'm not leaving you."

William dropped down into Elizabeth's arms, covering her face with kisses. "My darling…my angel…Oh, Elizabeth, how I want you!"

"I want you, too, William. I…I love you." The last three words she spoke were soft, conveying her fear at uttering them.

William pushed himself up on one elbow, using the other hand to smooth her golden tresses away from her face. "Do…do you mean that, Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth steeled herself and met his deep, blue eyes. "Yes. I love you, William."

"I love you, too."

Any lingering doubts Elizabeth may have been feeling about what she was going to do fluttered away at the sound of those words coming from William's lips. He loved her! That could only mean that this was right, no matter what the society she had been a part of before may have told her. The rules of the past had no meaning here, on this island. All that matter now was the two of them and their love for each other.

"I want to see you, Elizabeth. May I?"

Elizabeth looked at William with confusion. "See me? I'm right here, William."

He grinned at her innocence. "No, my sweet, I mean see all of you. Without your clothes."

Elizabeth's nervousness returned and she reddened. "You wish to undress me?"

"That is part of this thing that we are doing, darling. Do you not wish to continue?" William started to pull away from her

"No!" Elizabeth protested the loss of his warmth. When she realized he took her negative answer as meaning she did not want more from him, she locked her legs behind him, pulling him down against her. "I don't want you to stop, William."

Her unexpected action pushed William against her core, and he moaned, the heat of her almost too much for him. Elizabeth's eyes widened as she felt his bulge press into her, and she wondered what on earth it could be. Her curiosity and desire boiled together inside of her, and she thrust her hips, her body knowing instinctively what it needed even if her mind did not.

William clenched his teeth, forcing himself to remember that she was untried and that he must take this slowly. It wouldn't do at all to frighten her off now that he had her love. He felt as if he was touching heaven, and he could not allow it to slip from his fingers because of his own carelessness.

As William began to undress her, Elizabeth fought against her fear. Despite their initial meeting, Elizabeth knew this pirate would not harm her. His touch had brought her such pleasure so far, and she could not help but desire more. Besides, it had somehow become unbearably hot within the tiny shelter, and her clothing seemed to only be causing her discomfort. She protested no more as William bared her naked body to his eyes.

It wasn't until William stopped that Elizabeth's nervousness returned. He was looking at her with such unrepentant want that it caused a blush to spread over her entire body. She moved to cover herself, and it was then that the trance that William seemed to be in broke. He grabbed her arms. "No," he said, his voice roughened in a way that sent a shiver through Elizabeth's heated flesh. "I want to see you. You are beautiful, Elizabeth. I feel as honored as if I were allowed to view Venus herself."

Elizabeth admired his perfectly sculpted chest, high cheekbones, and intense blue eyes, now darkened with desire. No man had ever affected her in such a way. He took her breath away. She cupped his face with her delicate hand and smiled warmly at him. "You're beautiful, too, William."

He graced her with a wide smile before he descended again, kissing her with scorching passion. Elizabeth kissed him back eagerly, the embraces they'd already shared making her feel comfortable with this action. Then, he made a move that she had not been expecting. He reached his hand between her legs, stroking her inside of her womanly folds. Elizabeth's eyes grew wide, and she tore away from his mouth, moaning and arching her hips to grind against his exploring fingers.

William moved his lips to her ear, giving the lobe a quick pull with his teeth before whispering, "Do you like that, Elizabeth? Do you want more?"

"Yes! Oh, William, yes!"

He began to move his fingers against her faster, his mouth moving again, this time to kiss and lick her neck. As Elizabeth began to climb higher towards her peak, she grabbed on to his shoulders, riding his hand as her harsh pants became keening yells.

Sensing how close she was, William raised his head, looking into her eyes. He watched as she broke apart, his gaze never moving away from hers as she called his name in her first climax. When he finally took his hand away, she was trembling. Her grip on him was still tight as if she felt the need to hold on to him to keep herself grounded.

Elizabeth had never imagined that she could feel such a thing. She had known very little about what occurred between a man and a woman other than that it was supposed to be rather uncomfortable for the woman—something to be endured. But this…this was a beautiful thing. She decided then that William must know something that other men did not.

"That was wonderful," she told him once she felt her voice was useable again.

William gave her a prideful smirk. "And that was only the beginning, kitten."

Elizabeth gasped. "There's more?"

"Oh yes, my love. So much more. I'm going to teach you how to fly." He stood then, and Elizabeth cried out, rebelling against the loss of his warmth. He smiled down at her. "Shh…I'll rejoin you in a moment, dove." He reached down to the fastening of his breeches.

Elizabeth gasped as the last of his clothing fell to the ground. "What…what is that?"

William couldn't suppress the chuckle that erupted from him at her naïve question. "It's my cock, love."

Elizabeth blushed once again. She had never heard that word used that way before, but she was positive it was dirty. "I've never seen such a thing before. How…how do you fit something so large into your breeches?"

William smiled at that question as he lay back down on top of her, smoothing her hair back again. He didn't think he'd ever get his fill of touching her hair. It was like spun gold. "It's not always like this, sweet. Only when I am full of desire and lust for a woman."

"So it is large because of me then?"

"Oh yes, Elizabeth. All because of you."

With William on top of her, Elizabeth could feel what he had called his "cock" pressing into her, only now without the breeches in the way, she could feel the heat of his velvety skin. Curiosity overcoming her, she reached down and wrapped her hand around his shaft.

William cried out in surprise and then groaned in pleasure. Elizabeth's unpracticed touch was doing more to him than he was sure even the most skilled harlot could do. A few moments only, and he was very close to embarrassing himself. He took her hand away, and she looked at him, her eyes wide and fearful again. "Did I do something wrong?" she asked.

William smiled at her. "'Course not. It's just not the time for that, all right? We'll play later. Right now I need to be inside you."

Elizabeth's brow furrowed. "Inside me? What ever do you mean?"

"Let me show you." William slid his hand between them, stroking her again, rebuilding her pleasure until she was gasping. As her eyes glazed over and he knew she was nearing another peak, William used his other had to position himself at her entrance. He slid into her as slowly as he could manage, his teeth clenched with the strain of not burying himself in her tight, welcoming heat as quickly as he possible.

Elizabeth's eyes widened in surprise. Before there had been so much pleasure, and now it felt as if William had torn through her. She struggled beneath him, but William stroked her body, placing kisses all over her face as he murmured soothing words.

"Shh…it's all right, my darling. The pain will pass. Just trust me, love, trust me to make it feel good. Would never hurt you, kitten. Only want to make love to you, Buffy…"

"Oh my god, Spike!"

They stared at each other, eyes widening almost comically. "I…um…it was William?" Spike said, hoping desperately that Buffy wouldn't kill him for this. Although to be fair, he really hadn't had any control over his actions, and she had been just as amorous as he'd been.

"Damn, who would've thought that chaste little Elizabeth would be such a tramp?" Buffy muttered, trying to take her mind off the fact that Spike was buried so intimately inside of her.

"Must be William's dashingly good looks," Spike replied, making no move to pull away.

"Ego much?" Spike snorted in response. Buffy took a deep breath. "Okay, so we should stop this now."

"Right. Because we're mortal enemies and all that."

"Yes. So not the little lust bunnies that were in our bodies a few moments ago."

"No. We're not them."

"I don't even want you."

"I don't want you either."

Within moments, they were kissing again, Buffy's arms and legs wrapping around his back to pull him closer. Spike moaned, his hips thrusting as he sought his pleasure in a woman he'd craved since the first moment he saw her. Buffy met every movement with her own hips, her body desperate for what Spike was offering. She chanted his name over and over, her nails scoring long, red welts down his back as his relentless pounding brought her to new levels of ecstasy. When her climax hit her, she screamed, the world momentarily growing dark around her.

When she came to herself again, Spike was still moving inside her, his thrusts amazingly controlled and steady. She felt another orgasm riding on the tail of the last, and she whimpered, her brain heading towards pleasure overload. "Spike…oh god, it's too much."

"Just one more, pet," he whispered in her ear, his voice hoarse with the strain of his actions. "I'll come with you this time."

"Yes…" Buffy hissed, the idea of Spike climaxing along with her pushing her closer towards the edge.

Spike increased the pistoning of his hips, his hand working back down to rub Buffy in time with his thrusts. Buffy cried out, her legs tightening around him to the point that Spike wondered for a second if, with her Slayer strength, if she'd be able to crush bones that way. But then all thoughts left his mind to be replaced by blinding pleasure as, true to his word, he lost himself inside of Buffy as she fluttered around him.

The only sounds in the shelter for some time were their ragged breathing, until Buffy finally spoke.

"You're squishing me."

"Oh, sorry." Spike rolled off of her, lying at her side. To his surprise, Buffy followed him over, resting her head on his chest. "Buffy…"

"No. Don't say anything. I don't want to talk about it. Let's just let it be what it was, okay?"

"And what was it?"

"It was…it was that."

Spike bit the inside of his cheek to keep from saying anything else. He wanted more than that, wanted to know if her feelings for him had changed. He'd been in love with her for what seemed like so long now, and what had just transpired between them had been one of the most amazing experiences of his existence. But he knew Buffy, knew how easily she could turn cold on him again. He knew she wouldn't have done this had they never ended up in this book, and he had no illusions of it happening again once they returned to Sunnydale. All he'd have of her right now was this, and if she was willing to stay in his arms for the moment, he wasn't going to open his big mouth and ruin everything.

Instead, he held her, watching her even long after she drifted off to sleep.

*** *** ***

"We're too late."

The entire Scooby Gang turned at Anya's words, although none of them seemed as if they'd fully processed them. "What do you mean we're too late?" Xander asked for all of them.

"Buffy and Spike just had sex. Good sex, too. Buffy had three orgasms." Everyone but Anya blushed, although she didn't understand what the trouble was. With sex like that, Buffy should be much happier than she had been before going into the book. If she didn't already have Xander, Anya would've asked Buffy if she'd be willing to share Spike. He seemed like a good find.

"Oh goddess, poor Buffy!" Willow exclaimed.

"Poor Buffy?" Anya asked, visibly perplexed. "Did you hear the three orgasms part?"

"Yes, we did," Giles said, predictably cleaning his glasses. "I'd ask for you not to repeat it again."

"But the book made her do that!" Willow said, clarifying her response. "It's…it's like she's been raped!"

"Not how I read it," Anya said. "Okay, well, for the first part they were in character, but that last bit was all Spike and Buffy. You can tell because the names shift—and she was most definitely screaming Spike's name."

"Oh dear lord."

"I'm with the stuffy British man," Xander muttered, sitting down.

"You people can make with the drama if you want, but I'm saying we're going to have one relaxed Slayer when all this is said and done."

"Anya, could you please just not talk?" Xander said.

Anya shrugged and went back to the book. Yet another reminder that she would never fully understand human behavior.

*** *** ***

Review please. Let me know what you're thinking about the fic so far