Time passed quickly, and eventually, it was the first day of July. Both Buffy and William couldn’t believe that they had known each other for a month and a half and had only been dating for a few weeks. It was around this time that Buffy realized she’d be returning to UCLA in less than two months. A part of her seriously considered transferring to UC-Sunnydale, but when she remembered that Parker Abrams went there, she instantly decided against it, not willing to take any chances. She also began to wonder if William ever figured out who Parker was. She knew that she had talked about him the night they first met, purposely omitting his last name in case William knew who he was.

‘But how many guys are named Parker and attend that school?’ Buffy asked herself several times.

Nonetheless, William never brought up Parker or any of Buffy’s other relationships because he knew how much she would shut down emotionally if he had. He liked Buffy best when she was happy and talkative, and it was obvious that talking about parts of her past would not be a good idea. Whether he knew it or not, Buffy was thankful he never pushed her to disclose more of her history than she had that one night. It was too much for her, and she didn’t want his opinion of her to be swayed negatively by the information.

Besides not pushing her for information, he never tried to get her to do anything she didn’t want to do. He didn’t want to scare her off or have her break down- he just wanted her to be happy. He was falling hard for her, and he hoped that she felt the same way about him.

In fact, she did feel the same, and when she invited Willow to come over one night to order in pizza and watch chick flicks, Buffy brought the subject up.

“Willow, is it normal for girls to fall in love with someone after a month?” Buffy asked. When Willow looked at her friend with a surprised expression, Buffy quickly ducked her head, blushing. “Hypothetically?”

“Let me guess- you have a friend who’s in this situation?” Willow joked, smiling. Buffy looked her friend, frowning. “You’ve fallen in love with William?”

“I don’t know,” Buffy answered. “Maybe.” She ran her hands through her hair, sighing. “Is that bad?”

“Of course not,” Willow replied. Buffy raised an eyebrow. “People fall in love all of the time, sometimes even faster than you did with William. And it makes sense- he treats you impeccably well, you get along great, and you two are just so darn cute together. I’d love to have what you two share.”

“You’ve got something great going with Oz,” Buffy pointed out. Willow nodded, looking down.

“Yeah, we always have a great time together,” Willow said. “He’s sweet, intelligent, and… stoic.” Buffy laughed.

“So why do you not seem so happy about it?” Buffy asked. Willow looked at her friend.

“I don’t know if I’m really that attracted to him,” Willow shrugged. “I mean, he’s an amazing person, but I-”

“Dig someone else?” Buffy asked. Willow blushed and hesitantly nodded. Buffy’s eyes lit up. “Who?”

“Wait, weren’t we talking about you and William?” Willow said, hoping that Buffy would let the subject go.

“Yes, but I want to know about who else is in your life,” Buffy said. “Is he from school? Is he a bookworm, too?”

“Actually, Buffy,” Willow began, taking a deep breath. “It’s a girl.” Buffy felt her jaw drop slowly as she looked at her friend, making sure she was serious.

‘Willow’s a lesbian?’ Buffy asked herself. ‘Since when? I’m gone a year, and that much changed?’

“Are you okay?” Willow asked after a long moment, nervous that Buffy didn’t respond to her announcement.

“Huh?” Buffy asked, shaking out of her trance. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She paused, raising an eyebrow. “So you like a girl?” Willow nodded, looking anxious. Buffy smiled softly. “And what’s she like?” Willow grinned and hugged her friend. “Is it me?”

“What?” Willow asked, playfully smacking Buffy’s arm. “No, of course not. Her name is Tara. I think you’d like her.”

“So when do I get to meet her?” Buffy asked. Willow shrugged. “You know, we’re having girls’ night right now- you could invite her over.”

“Really?” Willow asked, her eyes widening. Buffy nodded. “Thanks!” She paused. “But not until we talk about you and William more. I want the full scoop.”

“There’s not too much to tell,” Buffy said. “I mean, there’s no way I’m topping your news.” Willow smiled. “I’ve fallen for Will, but I don’t know what’s going to happen when summer ends.”

“It’s not like you can’t come home on weekends to visit, and he could always go to L.A. to see you,” Willow said. Buffy nodded, looking down. “You two won’t break up, Buffy. I’m fairly positive you’ll stay together.”

“I hope so,” Buffy said. “But what if he finds someone down here? I wouldn’t know if he did or not.” She paused. “How can I keep him?”

“Tell him how you feel,” Willow answered. “Because I think he feels the same way about you, and I know that if you two are in agreement about your feelings, you’ll definitely stay together. And besides, William wouldn’t cheat on you. He’s not like that. He’s one of the most loyal people I’ve ever known.”

“I know,” Buffy smiled. “I just want to be sure that he’ll stay mine when I move back to L.A. for the year.”

“I don’t really know a certain way for him to stay yours,” Willow said, raising an eyebrow at the strange look in Buffy’s eyes.

“I do,” she replied, sighing and looking at her friend.

“And what exactly would that be?” Willow asked, confused.

“We sleep together,” Buffy answered. Willow frowned.

“Just because you sleep with someone doesn’t mean that they’ll stay around,” Willow replied.

“I know that, but it’ll give me a better shot, won’t it?” Buffy asked.

“Maybe,” Willow said. “But are you sure you want to do this? I mean, the last time you had sex with someone-”

“It didn’t go well,” Buffy finished for her. “I realize that, but William isn’t like Angel. We both know that.” Willow nodded, looking down. “If there has ever been a man in my life that I’ve trusted, it’s Will. And I think that I’m ready to move to the next step with him.”

“Do you think that maybe your dreams will finally end after you two sleep together?” Willow asked.

“I don’t know,” Buffy answered. “But it’s the only remedy I haven’t tried, and I’d do anything to stop having that nightmare.”

“So you want to have sex with William?” Willow asked, looking at her best friend intently. Buffy looked down and sighed before her eyes returned to Willow’s.

“Yes,” Buffy answered simply. Willow nodded and gave Buffy a hug.

‘That’s what I want to do,’ Buffy told herself. ‘Yes, that’s exactly what I want.’
***************************************************************************


A/N The angst shall begin soon, possibly in the next chapter. I want to thank everyone who has left reviews- you guys are so sweet! To Angela- I’ve gotten your e-mails and replied to them, but I don’t know if you’ve received them or not. If you haven’t, leave me a review and we’ll figure something out. But speaking of reviews LOL, I appreciate them immensely, so please leave me one:)