Buffy heard her doorbell ring around noon and went to open the door, surprised to see William standing there. “Hi, Will. Were we going out for lunch?”

“No,” he answered, looking at something off to the side that Buffy couldn’t see from her spot. “You have a visitor.” She raised an eyebrow as William took a step to the side and grabbed Parker, pulling him to stand in front of the doorway, facing Buffy. She instantly felt nauseous, not understanding why William would do something as cruel as making her see Parker again. “I believe you have something to say to her, don’t you, mate?” Parker looked at William, who in turn tightened his grip on Parker’s arm.

“Buffy, I’m sorry for what happened a few years ago,” Parker said, not wanting to be hurt more by William. “I should never have tried forcing you into sex, and I’m sorry that I hurt you so bad. I want you to be happy, and I wish that you wouldn’t be dealing with so many things in the aftermath of my actions. I’m a jerk, and I deserve whatever you have to say to me.” Buffy noticed that his left eye was puffy and bruising.

‘William must’ve punched him,’ she thought. ‘William tracked him down and brought him to my house so he’d apologize to me.’ She smiled slightly before becoming serious again.

“You’re right- you are a jerk,” she said, crossing her arms. “And you do deserve whatever I say to you. You’re an asshole who doesn’t deserve to ever know what love is, and I think you should be locked away, far away from women. Perhaps you could make special friends with Roscoe the Weightlifter.” She paused, sighing. “You hurt me a lot, more than you can ever imagine. I’ve spent years pushing myself away from people, especially guys, because of what you tried to do to me.” She looked at William. “Four years later, I think it’s starting to get better.” He gave her a small smile before her eyes traveled back to Parker’s. “If I ever find out that you hurt another girl, I’ll turn you in, and I’ll tell whoever I have to that you did rape me, just so I can see you be thrown in jail. Do you understand, Parker?” He hesitantly nodded before ducking his head. “But thank you for apologizing, even though it wasn’t the most sincere thing I’ve ever heard. And it doesn’t say too much that you apparently had to be dragged here to say sorry in the first place. Get out of my sight, and if I ever see you again, I promise that your life will only become more complicated. Okay?” She smiled brightly, which was somewhat unsettling to Parker.

“Yes, I understand,” he said, looking at William. “May I leave now?” William looked at Buffy, who nodded, before letting go of Parker, watching him practically sprint away from the house and towards the UC-Sunnydale campus. William turned his attention back to his girlfriend, who was looking down. “Are you alright, pet?”

“I can’t believe you brought him here,” she said quietly. “The one person in all of the world I’m terrified of seeing.” William frowned. “But your heart was in the right place, and I know that you’re genuinely trying to help me, so I won’t hit you, even though I’d love to.” She looked at him and half-smiled. He breathed a sigh of relief, happy that she wasn’t as upset with him as he thought. He pulled her into a hug, kissing her temple as he held her close. She relaxed in his arms, shutting her eyes. “And you gave him a black eye for me. You’re such a sweetheart.” He chuckled quietly.

“I could give him another one to make it look equal,” he offered. She giggled and looked at him. He leaned down and kissed her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, the kiss intensifying. He broke away to breathe a moment later, looking into her eyes. “So are we okay then?”

“Yeah,” she answered. “You and I are perfectly fine, William. Thank you for what you did.”

“You’re welcome, Buffy,” he said, grazing her cheek before kissing her again.

* * *

Willow arrived at Buffy’s house an hour later, not surprised to see William’s car parked in the driveway. She smirked before ringing the doorbell. Buffy opened the door and smiled. “Hey, Willow. What’s up?”

“I wanted to hear what happened,” she said. “William seemed to be a man with a mission the last time I saw him, and he mentioned that he was going to talk to Parker, so what’s the story?”

“Come in,” Buffy said, ushering her friend in before closing the door. William was sitting on the couch, watching “Passions”. Willow raised an eyebrow but decided not to comment on the show.

“Hey, Red,” William greeted, looking at her for a second before his eyes focused on the TV screen again.

“Don’t mind him- he seems to be addicted to this wretched show,” Buffy laughed, leading Willow to the kitchen. “Want something to drink?” Willow shook her head as she sat down on a stool at the kitchen’s island.

“Are you going to put off telling me about Parker more, or can we just jump right into it?” Willow asked, trying to hide her excitement, hoping that William did something horrible to Parker.

“There’s not too much to tell,” Buffy shrugged, leaning back against the countertop. “William went to the campus, gave Parker a black eye, brought him here, and he apologized to me. I’m sure he said what he did so that William wouldn’t do more damage, but nonetheless, he said he was sorry for what happened. And then I threatened him a little bit, followed by him leaving.”

“That’s great, Buffy,” Willow smiled. “So poophead Parker should be completely out of the mix now, right? Your dreams might stop, or even alleviate, now that the bastard apologized, don’t you think?”

“Maybe,” Buffy shrugged. “I guess we won’t know for a while, though. I mean, I won’t know until I can go at least a week or two without one.”

“But then we’ll know,” Willow said. “Buffy, your nightmare could completely stop as of today. Isn’t that amazing to think about?” Buffy smiled a little.

“It’s been four years, Willow,” she said. “Of course it’s amazing. But there’s nothing saying that the dream will stop. I just really hope that it does.”

“I’m right there with you,” Willow said. “And if the dream doesn’t stop, we’ll find another way, I promise. William and I will both stop at nothing to make sure you’re happy.” Buffy walked over to her friend and hugged her.

“I know,” she said. “I’m so lucky to have a friend like you, Willow.”

“And equally as lucky to have a boyfriend like William,” her friend added. Buffy grinned.

“Yes, equally as lucky to have my William,” Buffy agreed.
***************************************************************************


A/N As far as I know, I potentially have 2 to 3 more chapters to go until this puppy is finished. I hope people enjoyed this chapter, especially Buffy taking a stand against Parker. I’m fairly certain there will be (at least) one more NC-17 chapter, and it will definitely be of the happy variety. The ‘Roscoe the Weightlifter’ line was taken from “I Only Have Eyes For You” (BtVS, Season 2), just in case it looked familiar and you couldn’t figure out why. Anyways, at the end of this fic, I’m going to make a little announcement, so be on the lookout LOL. Like always, reviews are nice, and I’d really like to hear how people feel about the story/this chapter. Thanks!:)