After the school year ended, William realized that it was time to ask Buffy a question that he had been dying to for over a year. When he asked her to marry him while they sat on the beach one night, watching the sunset, Buffy instantly said yes, tears rolling down her cheeks, excitement and surprise filling her.

“Are you sure?” she asked, watching as he presented her with a platinum ring that had a one-carat circular diamond in the center, surrounded by two smaller diamonds. Her hand covered her mouth as she gasped, staring at it. “William, it’s so beautiful.” He grinned.

“Of course it is,” he chuckled. “Only the best for my fiancé.” She looked at him with watery eyes before wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him. He kissed her softly before sliding the ring onto her left hand’s ring finger. “Do you like it?”

“No,” she joked, giggling, wiping off her eyes with her right hand. “It’s perfect, Will. I love it.” He wrapped his arms around her waist as they both looked at the ring.

“Think you can wear that forever?” he asked quietly, looking at her. She smiled.

“Always and forever,” she answered simply, kissing him again as the sun finally disappeared from the horizon.

* * *

When Buffy and William returned to their apartment in downtown Sunnydale, it was past midnight. They had stopped by her mother’s house first to make their announcement, and Joyce wasn’t shocked at all. In fact, she was more surprised that it took William so long to pop the question. Nonetheless, she was happy that her daughter had finally found the perfect man for her.

They went to Willow and Tara’s apartment after to tell them the news, and both women were beyond excited for their friends. Buffy asked Willow to be her maid of honor for whatever day it would be in the future when she would tie the knot with William, and Buffy wasn’t surprised when Willow burst out crying.

“Or not- I can ask Tara,” Buffy said quickly, trying to console Willow. The redhead shot her a glare as tears fell from her eyes.

“Are you kidding?” Willow asked, wiping away her tears. “Do you know how long I’ve been dreaming of this day to come, Buffy? I mean, I did a lot in high school, but ever since you and William began dating, it seems like I’ve been waiting every single day, and now that it’s here, it’s just so…” She paused, grinning. “Perfect. It’s absolutely perfect! You’re going to be such a beautiful bride, and William’s going to look super 007 in a tux, and then there will be me in a dress, and maybe Tara can-”

“Whoa, slow down there,” Buffy interjected, laughing. “You didn’t answer the question. Will you be my maid of honor?”

“Of course, silly,” Willow said, hugging her friend. “There’s nothing I’d like more.”


Both William and Buffy were exhausted by the time they reached their bedroom and began undressing so as to go to sleep. William sat on the bed, watching Buffy move around their room with a dreamy expression on his face.

‘I’m going to marry that girl,’ he thought. She looked at him and smiled.

‘I’m going to marry that man,’ she said to herself, sitting beside him and pulling the covers up to her waist.

“I love you,” he said quietly, kissing her. She laid down on her pillows, pulling him down with her.

“I love you, too,” she whispered. He laid beside her body, holding her protectively close to him as they slowly drifted off to sleep.

Buffy had a dream that night involving her and William, but it was different than the dreams that had plagued her for so long. They were happy, in love, and were getting married on the beach under the moon’s dim rays.

“I’m never going to let you go,” he said quietly as he slid her wedding ring onto her finger. She smiled softly at him.

“I think I’d like that,” she replied, sliding his wedding band onto his ring finger.


In her sleep, she cuddled up to William, thankful that he truly was the man of her dreams.

THE END
***************************************************************************






Final A/N Well, that’s it, folks. I’m sorry the epilogue is so short, but there were only so many ideas that I wanted to incorporate in it. Thanks to songgal for the suggestion of a moonlit wedding on a beach! I want to thank everyone who read this story, enjoyed it, and/or reviewed. You all are the reason I kept going with it, and I really appreciate the fact that everyone’s been so sweet. But alas, I said I had an announcement to make after Part 2 of What You Deserve, so I do believe it’s time to tell you all what’s going on. After getting inspiration from a fellow author on this site and talking to Ashlee about it, I’ve decided to take a sabbatical from writing for a while. Ashlee and I already have plans to write another story together, so I’ll be working on that, but as far as solo fics go, I’ve decided I need a break. I’ve realized that I really enjoy doing AU fics, so I’ll probably stick to those, but when push comes to shove, I like doing original ideas or things that haven’t been done often before, and there are only so many ideas I have left and want to do that I think it’s wise that I take a step back and come up with a whole bunch more before I delve into a story that I might end up giving up on halfway through. I’m sure you’ll see another fic by me sometime in the near future, but for now, I’m going to enjoy the rest of my winter break before going back to college on the 24th. I just want to say thanks again to everyone, and feel free to write any thoughts/comments/concerns you have:)