About two weeks had passed, and Buffy spent a lot of time with Willow and William, getting to know him more and finding out for herself that he indeed wasn’t the guy that she had dreams about. But to her chagrin, the dreams didn’t stop during that time, and whenever she saw William, it took her a bit of time to convince herself that he was a genuinely good guy. Nonetheless, she was proud of herself for warming up to him and giving him a chance to prove to her how nice he was.

When Willow called one afternoon to invite Buffy out to a movie later on with her, her friend Oz, and William, Buffy happily agreed to go.

“It’ll be like a cute double date,” Willow suggested. Buffy sat on her bed, frowning.

“It’s not a date for Will and I,” she replied. “Him and I are just friends. How many times do I have to say that to you?”

“But you guys are just so adorable together sometimes,” her friend said. “It’s kind of fun to watch you two talk when you don’t think I’m looking or when he hugs you goodnight before you go home.” Buffy smiled to herself and went to her closet, trying to pick out an outfit. “And I totally just heard you open up your closet doors, so I’m thinking that you might consider tonight a mini-date for you and him, also.”

“You’re delirious,” Buffy replied, grabbing a hanger with her favorite black dress on it.

“And let me guess- you’re holding that dress you like so much?” Willow asked, giggling. Buffy raised an eyebrow before going to the window and staring outside of it.

“What makes you think that?” Buffy asked, looking around to make sure Willow wasn’t watching her or something.

“Because before every date you used to go on, you’d go into your closet, grab that dress, and hold it in front of you whilst looking in a mirror to decide if it was too dressy or not for wherever you were going,” her friend said. “Am I wrong?”

“No,” Buffy sighed, putting the dress back. “But you’re reading too much into things. I like being friends with William. He’s a really sweet guy.”

“That he is,” her friend agreed. “I just don’t understand why you won’t date him.”

“Because I just want to stay friends for a while,” Buffy said. “I barely know him.”

“But you like what you know,” Willow replied. “And isn’t that enough?”

“Drop it,” Buffy said, grabbing a pair of jeans and a black blouse. “I’ll meet you at your house tonight.”

“Sounds good,” Willow said. “But will you consider dating William? Please? It’d make him really happy.”

“You’re insufferable,” Buffy said before hanging up and tossing the cordless phone aside.

‘Dating William…no, don’t even think about it, Summers,’ she thought.

* * *

When Buffy arrived at Willow’s house, the three others were sitting on the front porch, waiting for her and talking. William watched her approach the house and tried to withhold a smirk.

‘She always looks so beautiful,’ he said to himself, studying her. ‘And I love the way the sun’s dying rays make her look like she’s glowing…stop trying to be poetic, ponce.’

“Hey, everyone,” Buffy greeted, coming to stand beside him. “Are we all set to go?”

“Yeah,” Willow said. “We’re just going to take Oz’s van, if that’s alright with you two.” Both William and Buffy nodded before following Willow and Oz to his large van, parked out on the street. The four got in, William and Buffy in the back together. Oz started the van, and Buffy leaned over to William.

“Do you know what we’re going to see?” she asked quietly, trying not to disrupt the two up front who were talking about Oz’s band. William smiled softly.

“I think Willow said it’s one of the old classics,” he answered. “Either that, or something with animals.” Buffy giggled, and William considered that sound to be music to his ears.

‘I love when she does that,’ he thought. ‘I wish I could get her to do that all of the bloody time.’

When they finally arrived at the movie theater, Oz and William both offered to pay for the girls’ tickets along with their own. Buffy instantly started thinking about her phone conversation with Willow from that afternoon.

‘Does he think it’s a date?’ she asked herself. ‘Because it isn’t…is it?’

“Well, then I’m paying for snacks,” Buffy said, looking at William as he handed her a ticket.

“I don’t think I need a snack,” he replied before leaning to her ear. “Unless you’re my treat.” She blushed and noticed his smirk before playfully punching his arm. “But thanks for the offer.” The two couples walked into their designated theater after going to the snack bar, and it was decided that Willow and Oz would sit in front of William and Buffy. Buffy was a little apprehensive of sitting alone with William, even if Willow would be directly in front of her.

‘I think I trust him,’ she thought. ‘But I really wish I knew if he thought tonight was a date or not.’ It was then that she felt something hit her shoulder. She raised an eyebrow as she watched Willow grab a Sour Patch Kid out of her box and toss it behind her, the piece of candy hitting Buffy’s ear.

“Hey! You’re wasting candy!” Buffy laughed, grabbing a piece of popcorn out of her bucket and throwing it in her friend’s hair. Willow whirled around and pelted another Sour Patch Kid at Buffy. William watched the two girls with interest before grabbing a handful of Buffy’s popcorn.

“At least these won’t be wasted,” he said, and Buffy looked at him, smiling. He returned the gesture right before the lights went down and turned completely off. For the moment, the candy war was over, but for the two blondes, the battle was just beginning.
***************************************************************************


A/N First off, I must apologize for not updating at all over the weekend, but my life has been fairly hectic over the last week. I finally have a lot of free time again, so I should be returning to my nightly updating schedule starting tonight. Now, I have another question- for those who want to see a sequel to Just a Job, what do you want to happen in it? I honestly have no idea what to write in the sequel, and unless I get ideas, I probably won't write it (because I really DON'T have ideas). I hope people liked this chapter, and I'd love reviews! Please?!? They make me smile:)