Telling the Truth

By Cara



The day was sunny and the ocean lay still. The beach was lonely as always. It was warm and a slight wind blew through Beth’s hair. It flow around her face and gave her a wild look.

William and she sat at the beach and had breakfast.

“Don’t you need to be doing pirate stuff? You know, like robbing ships again?” Beth asked when she realised that she had been quiet for a while.

“Not really. We have out spies all over the Caribbean. When there is a ship with goods that are worth to be stolen than we’ll get a letter.”

“A letter? How is that?”

“Well, did you ever hear of carrier pigeons?”

“Oh. Never thought of that. That’s clever.”

William smiled at that and took a piece of honeydew melon.

“You want some?” He got that sexy expression as Beth leaned down and took a bite.

“So…you wanted to tell me something?” William asked after some time of small talk.

“Well…promise me to listen ‘til I finished. Promise!” Beth answered.

“Ok, pet, I promise.”

Beth took a deep breath. A really deep breath.

“Ok. You know, when I noticed that you kind of liked me I first just pretended to like you, too. But I had a good reason. It’s…my little sister…she is still with my father and I thought that when I charm you, you would kind of kidnap her.” She took a brake and looked at Will. His gaze was on the floor.

“So that was all a lie. The kisses and the…” He sounded sad.

“NO! I said at first, but the longer I was with you the more I started to like you and now I’m kind of…well…inlovewithyou” the last words she hurried and so William asked:

“Can you say the last few words again? I’d like to hear them properly.”

“I’m in love with you, William.” Beth looked at him and this time their eyes met.

“I’m not in love with you, Beth.”

At that very moment her heart exploded into nothing.

“I. LOVE. YOU. I loved you from the first moment I saw you. And…”

He did never get to finish that sentence. Beth literally jumped at him and crashed her lips to his. After a moment he broke away from her.

“And about your sister…we’ll figure out how to get her here.”

That was all Beth needed to hear to kiss him again.

Her hands slid over his back and for the first time she let them travel down his chest. She was surprised how soft the muscles of his felt under his shirt.

After she started exploring, William let one hand travel to her thigh and let it wander up her inner thigh. Slowly, oh so slowly he let his slender hands travel up her soft flesh.

She wore a short summer-dress and so it was no problem for him to slide his hand under her dress and further up. At first she flinched when she noticed where his hand was going, but after a second she relaxed into his touch.

His free hand wandered to the hollow over her back, to pull her even closer to him.

Beth slowly got shy. At first it was so easy but now she didn’t know what to do and she was sure that he had had other women. She wanted to do fine, to make him happy, to do everything the right way.

William noticed immediately that she got shy.

“What is it sweetheart? Did I do something wrong?”

The worried look on his face and the gentle sound in his voice and all her thoughts finally let Beth’s tears break free.

“You didn’t, but I know I will. I…I…you…we…” she trailed off.

“You know you can tell me everything, right. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I love you, no matter what will come.” He said while turning her in his arms so her back was against his chest. He let his arms go around the beautiful woman in his arms and watched the sea.

Elizabeth watched the waves come into the bay and searched for the right words to tell him what she was feeling.

“I’m not your first woman, right?” she asked shyly after some minutes.

“No, you aren’t. But you are the first woman that I really love.”

“But you are my first man. In every way possible. That is kind of scary and the worst thing is, I…I…don’t know how to…what to…”

“What to do when we’re gonna make love?” William finished her sentence.

Beth nodded and lowered her head.

Will smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Well, my dearest Elizabeth, I thing I need to tell you something then…”

Beth turned in his arms to get a better view at him.

“You don’t need to know. When, some day, we’ll be making love, then you just need to listen to your instinct. It’ll tell you everything. And I’ll be there too so you can ask me if you don’t know what to do. Ok?”

While he talked to her he tightened his arm around her and gently caressed her hand.

“Ok.” Beth answered in a small voice.

“So, now we talked about that, what do you want to do next?”

When Will was finished with that sentence he turned over and looked at the wonderful woman in his arms.

Beth thought about that a moment and then she got a cocky smile.


A/N: Please tell me what you think. I thought about that chapter for a loooooong time. Thanks to all readers by the way. Cara!