Author's Chapter Notes:
Hy everybody. I know again it took me like an eternity 'til I updated this chapter. But I hope the next ones will be out quicker.
Love, Cara!
A Dance, A Body, A Jaguar

by Cara


An hour later Beth found herself right in the middle of a gipsy “village”. There were at least 15 caravans around a big fire. The gipsies were dancing around it. The women were busy dancing the children chased each other and the men were joking and some of them danced as well.

William had asked Beth if she wanted to have a little adventure and here she was. She liked the atmosphere. It was like being free. She danced along with the women and girls.

“Excuse me, Miss. May I give you that?” Beth was asked by a young girl.

The small girl was as thin as Beth was. She had long black hair. When Beth looked down to where the girl held something out to her she saw a gipsy-dress. It was made of many pieces of cotton. It had so many colours that it looked like the explosion of the rainbow.

“Of course! That is beautiful. Can you help me take it on?” Beth asked and smiled at the shy girl.

“You want me to help you, Miss?”

“Yes I want you to help me. And call me Beth. What is your name, sweetheart?”

“I’m Lola.”

They both got into Lola’s caravan and Beth changed.

“Here, you can have my dress.” Beth said when they were about to leave.

Lola was shocked.

“You want to give me that beautiful thing? Thank you!!” Lola cheered while she hugged the noble woman in front of her.

It was an older dress Beth once got from her father. It was white with floral pattern on it. It was low cut and made of velvet.

Lola changed into her new dress and the two new friends left the caravan to join the others.

“Kitten, you look fabulous!” William said when Elizabeth came back to his site.

“Thank you. Care to dance with me?” Beth asked and already was on her way to the fire.

“Yes.” William followed her.

When Beth wanted to take position as if she was about to waltz William shook his head.

“Here, let me show you, luv.” He took her hands and lay them around his waist and then let his wander around her back to pull her closer. Slowly they swayed to the romantic music that was played.

“So, tell me, pet, do you like it here?”

“Yes. It’s wonderful. Like a little adventure.” Beth said while she rested her head on Will’s shoulder.

“Thought you’d like it.…what do you think of a walk on the beach or something?”

Beth looked up at him. “That would be…”

“WILLIAM!”

“What the f…” William turned around to see who had just called him.

It was Clem.

“What is it Clem? I’m busy here.”

“We have it!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, let me get that straight. You want to get Dawn. And you want it to look like a jaguar did tear her to pieces?” Beth asked when she stood together with Will and some pirates in the little dining-room.

“Right, luv.”

“And what exactly is in that room that has to do with it that I’m not allowed to see?”

William didn’t answer.

“WILLIAM ANDREWS!”

“Well, we got a jaguar…But don’t worry he is tamed. And well the other thing is…we…well…it’s supposed to look like a accident, right…so, you promise not to freak out, baby?”

“I promise even if you scare me…” Beth answered.

“Well the other thing in there is a body.” William said.

“A what? You don’t mean the body of a dead person?!”

“Well…yeah. We can’t kill Dawn, so…”

“Where for God’s sake did you get the body?!” Beth asked shocked.

“We have a… dealer for macabre stuff. There did we… What?” William trailed off when Beth gaze changed into something he couldn’t predict.

“I want to see it!”

“WHAT?! Are you bloody INSANE?! You have no clue how that looks like…” William shouted and grabbed Beth’s shoulders.

“That’s why I want to see it. See… it looks like I’m gonna spend a long time with you. I love you. So if you can handle it, so can I.”

William had totally lost his composure.

“You sure? Remember I DID warn you.”

Beth smiled nodded and came closer to William. She leaned up and whispered: “Thanks for what you do for someone you don’t even know.”

“You love her. That’s all I need to know.” Will whispered back. That he took Beth’s hand and led her to the little chamber where the body was being cooled down.

He opened the door…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Pet? You ok?” William asked after a few minutes.

They had gone outside after a second. Elizabeth had become green when she had looked at the body. She wasn’t prepared for that. She had supposed it looked like a normal human just pale. But the body had cuts all over it, an arm was missing the abdominal wall was open and the entrails could be seen. The face was disfigured to make sure that everyone would believe this once had been Dawn Charlston.

“Yes, I’m ok. Tell me more about the plan. How will get rid of the lifeguard?” Beth asked and turned towards her lover.

“Well, that is not the problem. But I need your help.”

“As long as I can stay away from the body.” William laughed and then started to tell her what she would have to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day later the ship of Captain William Andrews and his crew weighed anchor at the old docks of Royal's Island so no one would pay any attention to them.

“In about one hours she will be in the woods. There is this little waterfall 20 minutes away she will be there. We went there everyday at the same time. Our mother started this ritual. We didn’t stop when she died.” Beth told William when they all met in the “office” that William had on the ship.

“Good. This’ll be enough time to get the body there and the jaguar. Clem get Birdy. We’ll meet outside in 10 minutes.” William told everyone.

“Who is Birdy?” Beth asked while she tried not to laugh.

“The jaguar.” William grinned an took the love of his life into his arms.

“One hour.”

“Yes kitten. One hour.”