Author's Chapter Notes:
He guys! I'm really sorry it take me nearly a year to get this chap published but I just wasn't in the mood to write...I hope you like this chap and the following as much as you did before.
A Pirate’s Birthday

by Cara


„He was so gentle and wow... I can tell you, he was so cute.“ Beth told her sister and her best friend. They had tried to get her to talk about her and William’s first time together for one week now and finally she was fed up with all the asking and spilled the story.

„And did it hurt a lot?“ Dawn asked.

„Well, it hurt, but it stopped really fast. He was so sweet. He told me that he loved me and that he would make me happy and all that. It was wonderful.“

„Wow.“ Anya said „How did he fuck you the second time?“

„ANYA!“ Dawn shouted at her friend.

„Wild... that was even better. He was like...wow! Wild. Like you would imagine a true pirate.“ Beth told them with a big grin.

„You really did answer that question? Ok, who are you and what did you do to my sister? Wait! No matter where she is...leave her there!“ Dawn joked and stared running away. Beth chased after her over the deck for at least 4 minutes. When Dawn spotted William she ran over to him and hid behind him.

„Hah! Now how will you get me?!“ Dawn grinned at her.

„Leave my man out of this! For God’s sake be a brave girl and fight like one! You started it!“ Beth laughed and then reached around her lover, but Dawn was faster.

She started off back towards Anya.

„What did she do?“ William asked and took hold of Beth’s hip.

„Ahh... wasn’t that important. What are you doing?“ Beth asked and put her hands around Will’s neck.

„Talked to Clem and Xander. We decided to take a break in Turgato and then head home to Laria.“

„You take me and my sister to a pirate-city? How... awesome!“

„You really are an original!“ William smiled at her and kissed the beautiful lady in his arms.

„Well now, tell me what all that running and screaming was about.“ William asked and looked over to Dawn and Anya who were watching them.

„Nothing. Just the usual sister-stuff. So, what exactly are we doing in Turgato?“ Beth asked with a knowing smile.

„Nothing, just the usual pirate-stuff. We’re just going to stay one night and then sail back to Laria.“ William explained with a serious face.

„You’re lying! What is there that needs your attention? TELL ME NOW!“ When she demanded ‘NOW’ Beth punched the pirate in front of her into the stomach.

„Ouch! I told you it is nothing.“

„WILLIAM! COME HERE FOR A SECOND!“ Clem shouted over the deck.

Will bowed and kissed his girl before he left. He was happy that sometimes the problems had a good timing.

Beth walked over the deck when she spied Xander standing at the railing and watching the water.

„Xander, why exactly are we stopping by in Turgato?“ Beth asked and settled beside her man’s best friend.

„He didn’t tell you?“ When Beth nodded the pirate smiled. „Tomorrow is his 25th birthday. I believe he doesn’t like getting old.“

„His birthday? Thank you for telling me.“ Beth was about to leave when she looked at Xander again. „Please don’t tell him that I know it, OK?“

When the young man nodded Beth turned and headed towards her sister and her best friend to make a plan. She wanted to give William a present he sure as hell would never forget.

**************************

„It just isn’t possible!“ Beth screamed at her best friend.

„But what if...“

„NO!“

„I’m just saying that...“ Anya didn’t get to finish any sentence.

„NO! It can’t be! Not Now!“

„Girls!“ Xander screamed through the door.

„Let’s go. And in Laria we’ll find out. Ok?“ Anya asked and when Beth nodded the two of them went for the deck.

**************************

„Girls, may I present you: Turgato! The most famous pirate-city in the whole Caribbean.“ William led Beth and Dawn down the docks. Clem had agreed to take care of Dawn this afternoon and show her around the city before the whole crew would meet in a bar.

„Ok. Dawn play nice and don’t give Clem a hard time. He is so young and doesn’t have any experience with monsters like you, OK?“ Buffy told her sister.

„You...silly cow!“

The sisters laughed and parted. Beth in William’s arms and Dawn by Clem’s side.

The two lovers walked past a few shops and discussed about the city. It was one of the biggest unofficial pirate citys in the whole world. No one came here unless he was a pirate himself or needed something, you can only get in this very town.

Beth still had no clue what to get William. She wanted it to be perfect. Something he would really like and appreciate.

As the two of them walked by a bookstore William insisted of going in. He said that this special shop always had the newest maps of the Caribbean, but Beth knew, that he only wanted to by new romance-novels. But it was fine with her. She took a few gold-coins with her and took off to search for a present. She told her lover that they would meet in an hour at the „Drunken Phoenix“, the best bar, according to Will’s crew, in town.

A new sword. No. A necklace. No. Maybe a pipe. No. A painting of herself. No. Every possible present, that crossed her mind seemed too boring or too ordinary. Beth wanted something really...extraordinary.

And the she saw it. Lying there in one of the big shop-windows. A small dagger. The handle and the sheath were golden with pearls and jewels on them. It was just beautiful and Beth thought it was just perfectly fitting. Well, at least for a pirate.

The shopkeeper had watched her for a few moments when she had ordered it, but he had sold it to her. Beth figured that in a city like that it wasn’t unusual, that a fine lady like herself did things, that no one would have ever expected.

When Beth walked through the lanes of the city she adored the hustle and bustle. In this city it seamed that no one was really working. The pirates were drunken and sang. On the balcony of a brothel were a few harsh looking pirates, with one or two whores in their arms. Beth thought she had even caught a glimpse of Mc and Alex, two of the crew. But she wasn’t sure.

When she walked past a bar she took a look through the window. A barmaid was dancing on the table and the men were shouting and cheering at her. On pirate was sleeping in a corner and his mug sat on his head. His hair was dripping wet and so Beth just figured that the mug had once been full when it had come down on his head.

„You know spying is a really mean thing.“

Beth jumped a little at the sudden nearness of a voice but calmly turned around and hid the dagger behind her back.

„You know, robbing is a very bad thing, too. Did you get the books...ahm... I mean the maps?“ The little lady smiled at her pirate and he just smiled back.

„Yes I got them. Let’s get back to the ship and hide our shopping-treasures and then go to the „DP“.“ William offered his love his arm and together they walked along the lane.

**************************

The night was warm and the full moon light the streets of Turgato. It could have been a really peaceful and romantic view, if it wasn’t for the drunken pirates, barmaids and whores, that kept singing and screaming. The scene had it’s own, special charm and it fit the image of a pirate-city just perfect. Somewhere pistols were fired and horses neighing and their hoofs hit the floor.

William and his crew were no exception. They sat or more lay in their chairs in the Drunken Phoenix and shouted and laughed. Beth had been wise enough as to not drink that much. She had just a spinning view and felt like flying but she wasn’t full drunken. Anya, on the other side, was even drunken enough to join the barmaid on top of a table and dance along with her. Xander of course wasn’t all too happy about the whole crew glaring at his girl, but his girl seamed to like the glares and stares that she got from the pirates.

„So tell me, Beth. You happy hanging out with a couple of drunken pirates?“ Will looked down at his girl when he approached the table again, holding a couple of refilled mugs.

„Actually I’m quite fine. Oh is it already 1am?“

„Yes, my dear. You wanna go home?“ Will sat down beside Beth and took her into his arms.

„No. But now I really... really need to tell you something.“ Beth smiled seductively at him.

„And what could that possibly be?“

Beth came closer and closer. „Happy Birthday, my love.“

William smiled first at Beth then over to Xander, who was trying to get Anya down from the table. „Xander did tell you?“

„NO!...Maybe...“

The pirate took Beth’s hand and drew her onto his lap. „Thank you, pet.“

„You’ll get your present on the ship.“

„And here I thought you were my present.“ The two lovers smiled at each other for a second and then turned their attention back to the others.

*********************

„It’s beautiful, luv.“ William turned the dagger in his hand, looking at it very closely.

„Um...Will there is something else that I really need to tell you.“ Bath’s face was unsure. She looked quite afraid, sitting on the big bed with her hands lying in her lap.

„What is it, pet?“ Will knelt down in front of her and took her trembling hands in his. Beth looked at him with unsure eyes.

„Well, I’m not sure if it is even true, but Anya says it could be...uhm...“

„Beth...tell me. You can tell me everything. You know that, right?“ Beth just nodded. She took a deep breath and then turned her eyes towards the window, watching the man on the deck. They were stumbling over their own feet, laughing and singing.

„I think...well...I think I’m pregnant.“ She didn’t dare to look at William. He sat there, not moving a muscle for a moment.

„Are you telling me that you are carrying my child?“ It was barely a whisper.

„It could be. My period didn’t-.“ Will had her in his arms and kissed her passionately before she could finish the sentence. His right hand wandered down her sides and to her belly where it rested his other hand pulled her as close to him as possible. His head was spinning and his heart was racing so fast he thought it would jump out of his chest any moment.

Beth’s breath caught when he pulled her to him and the mountain that was weighing her heart crumbled the moment his lips touched her. She never had felt as relieved as at this very moment. The panic that had arisen in her when Anya had suspected her of being pregnant was finally gone. She had been afraid of William sending her straight to the devil and never wanting to see her again… a pirate and children? She didn’t think that he would want children.

“Beth….this is…it’s just…,” William was out of breath when he finally released hid love, “I can’t even find a word for how wonderful that is, but…”

But? God how much Beth hated that word at this very second. Her throat closed again and she readied herself for the bad ending.

“But?” Her voice was less than a whisper.

“But you can’t have my child,” Beth’s eyes filled with water and her heart sank, “Not until we are married. Don’t want my child to be called a bastard, now do I?”

Her eyes crew larger and larger…had she just heard him saying that?

“Are you….are…did you just…ask me to to to m…marry you?” Will had the largest smile on his face one can imagine.

“Yes.” Then he did it. He knelt down in front of her and took her hands in his. “Elizabeth Charlston will you marry me?”

For a moment Beth could neither speak nor move and then she just fell into his arms, nodding and crying tears of joy.


TBC...