The Enchanted Lagoon



by Cara





It looked like she imagined it.



She couldn’t see the lagoon yet, but she saw the island. It had high mountains, waterfalls and was green. The brightest green she had ever seen.



“Where is the cave?” Beth looked at William.



“You see the two mountains with the big Waterfall between it?”



Beth nodded.



“Close to the waterfall you can turn right and follow a narrow but deep river. It leads you deep into the island. And then after let’s say 10 minutes you get to the Enchanted Lagoon.”



Beth was amazed by this beautiful sight. She was desperate to see if the lagoon and the way to get there would be as gorgeous as this sight.



William took Beth hand and walked with her to a good place to watch all this.



“Stay here. It’s the safest place.” Will turned to walk to Nathan, who navigated the ship.



“What do you mean with ‘the safest place’? I thought this wouldn’t be dangerous?” Beth panicked.



“It isn’t but you never know. If we get too close to the waterfall we’ll get a lot of water onto the ship and here you won’t get too much on your lovely dress.” Will smiled.



“I’ll be right back.” Then he walked away.



*Lovely dress, huh? He likes my dress, he likes my dress,… Beth! Keep it down, he is a pirate. And he is dangerous and sexy and… stop it!*



Beth turned her attention back to the island. They came closer and closer to the waterfall. 1800 yards, 1000 yards, closer and closer. There! Beth could see the river.



The ship started to turn.



Beth held her breath. This would never work. Between the ship and the waterfall were not more than 220 yards.



Slowly the ship went around stones which stood out of the water.



*Either we’ll get under the waterfall or we’ll crash the ship at this cliffs.* Beth thought.



“Don’t look so frightened, my lady. We did this like a hundred times. This is easier than it looks.”



Beth turned and saw Clement behind her.



“Well, I hope you’re right.”



“’Course I’m right. Look…” Clem nodded forward.



They were on the river. Beth looked back and saw the waterfall and how incredible it looked. The light of the burning sun reflected in the water.



“Great, isn’t it, luv? Well you might look forwards. It’s even better.”



William was back at her sight.



When Beth turned she saw an entwined river. She couldn’t see the whole one, but what she saw was perfect. At the bank grew trees, which were double as high as the ship.



She saw weeping willows, palms and fruit-trees.



She could hear and see the loveliest birds. Their feathers had the liveliest colors and their voices sounded heavenly and joyful.



There were flowers, too. In every thinkable color. Beth would have liked to smell at all of them.



William smiled down at her. He knew how it felt to see, smell and hear all this for the first time. Even now after he had been there so often, he always was overwhelmed by all this beauty.



*Her dress fits perfectly into this wonderful landscape.*



Beth’s dress was deep red at the top. The color turned from this red into orange and then to yellow. It really fit perfectly into the scenario.



*She looks like the sun. Like the sun who came to its empire to bring happiness and joy.* William thought.



“That’s…that’s… I don’t even know a word to describe this.” Beth was overwhelmed.



“If you want we can take a walk through the island and visit the town. After we were in the cave.” Will looked at her. His admiration for her was clearly written on his face.



“Yes, I would really like that. What…what exactly do you mean with “we” ?” Beth looked up at him.



“Well…I meant we like in we two. Is that a problem for you?”



*Please say no, please say no…* Will watched her closely.



“No… no! I…I feel kind of save with you around.” Beth looked away in embarrassment.



*You’ll feel more than save if you let me just…* William’s thoughts trailed off, when he heared his men shout and cheer.



“What’s now going on?” Beth had walked forward to get a better few.



“The cave. We are there. You see that?”



Of course she saw it. A big lake. They were exactly across a big entrance to what had to be a cave.



“That is the Enchanted Lagoon?” Beth didn’t take her eyes off of it.



“Yes.”



Elizabeth stood there at the rudder and imagined how it would be in there. She had no idea what to expact.

Would it be dark and wet and creepy. Or would there be light from candles and lanterns. Or maybe there would be a hole in the ceiling and it looked like here outside.



“Close your eyes.” William took her hand.



“What…why should…?”



William cut her off.



“Trust me. Close your eyes. I’ll tell you when to open them again.”



Beth thought about that.



*Well if he wants…but he would never…I think…I do trust him!*



She closed them but got a bit closer to William to keep her balance.



“Good. now listen. What do you hear?”



“Water. Birds. Your men shouting. ropes cutting into wood. Do you anchor the ship?”



“Yes we do. Keep your eyes closed. What can you hear? There are other things.” William watched her while she concentrated on the sounds and noises around her.



“Well… I can hear Anya. And she is looking for Xander.” Both had to smile at that.



“Good. Now what can you smell?”



“Flowers. Water. Rotten wood. And some kind of roasted meat. And…and you.”



“Open these lovely eyes of yours luv.”



Beth slowly opened them. William stood not longer by her site but right in front of her. She was about to belief that he wanted to kiss her when he talked again.



“And now look at what is around you.”



Beth took in the whole cave. There was indeed a hole in the ceiling. And on the stone-walls grew funny looking trees and again beautiful flowers. Some parrots were flying from branch to branch. On one site of the cave there was a little waterfall.



At the bank were houses. She imagined they were built by the pirates. But they weren’t scanty. They were…Beth would say they were artistic. Some were in Chinese style, some in Greek style and some in English style.



Beth liked all of that. The cave, the island, even the company was great.



“I can’t understand how someone could think this place is cursed. It’s so gorgeous.” Beth was fascinated.



“Me neither. You wanna come off of the ship with me? I can show you where you’ll sleep.”



“In your house I suppose?”



“If you don’t mind…”



Will smiled at her and she smiled back.



He took her hand and lead her off of the ship.



A/N: Thank you for all the feedback! I'm really happy to know that you like that story.