A Perfect End To A Perfect Day

by Cara


Beth walked down the big stairs which lead to the entrance. William stood right beside the door and talked to a servant.

“My lady.” The young woman bowed as soon as she noticed Beth.

Williams eyes flew over to her.

She wore the dark-violet dress that she had tried on first. Again he could see the high-heels in the same colour. And she wore a silver necklace they bought this afternoon. It had a little violet stone in it.

“What can I say, kitten? You look,…well…kind of…absolutely and total good. More that good. Not from this earth good!”

Beth smiled shyly at him and walked closer towards him.

“Thank you. You don’t look bad yourself.”

William wore black pants and a white shirt which was had the three top-buttons unbuttoned. His hair was tussled and his eyes looked like the ocean of the Caribbean itself.

“Let’s go then.” William said as he walked slowly towards her and took her arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were in a little restaurant in the middle of this wonderful village and talked about a lot of things.

“You know I could never live like this.” William said when the food arrived.

“Like what?”

“Like all the noble men. I need the action in my life. I never could just sit there and talk to business-men. That’s boring.…What?”

William asked confused when Beth started to laugh.

“Nothing…hm…well…you…you just talked like them. ‘That’s boring. I need the action.’” Beth explained.

“So how should I say this in your opinion?”

“Well, try it this way: ‘That is bloody boring without that fucking action.’” Beth smiled at his shocked face.

“You really are a wildcat. What fine girl would know such words?… I’m shocked, Elizabeth.”

“A fine girl that is on a travel with pirates would know and use such words. “

They smiled at each other and started to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That depends.” William answered Beth question with a cocky grin.

“Depends on what?”

“On how nice you are going to be to me. And on how my mood is.”

“You really are an ashole.” Beth answered and acted like she was angry.

“With that kind of behaviour I’ll maroon you on the next island that I can find.”

“You wouldn’t! You don’t have the stones.” Beth smiled and tried to copy his typical grin.

“You are probably right. PROBABLY. But don’t forget I’m a pirate. We are unpredictable.” William stood up and took her hand.

“What do you think of taking a walk before we go home, luv.”

Beth stood up and looked into his eyes.

“Of course.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While they took a walk through the town Beth was fascinated by what she could see and hear and smell. William had told her once again to focus on what surrounded her without having her eyes open.

“So? You gonna talk to me or not?” William smiled when she looked up at him with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“Well, I can hear people talking. The sound of a hammer hitting the anvil. I can hear the waves of the ocean. Oh and there are seagulls and somewhere in that direction are some kids playing and laughing.”

William was surprised at what little details she noticed.

“Now to the smelling, kitten.”

“The salty water of the sea. Fire and iron probably from the blacksmith. Bread from the baker. Flowers, are we walking past some flowers?”

“Yes we are. You are good at that.”

“I know. And now what to see.”

When Beth opened her eyes her breath caught in her throat. It was so wonderful. They walked in that little lanes which went though the whole town and made it like a labyrinth. But the great thing about it was that the setting sun dipped the lane they were in into red and orange.

“Wow…this is…I don’t know a word for this.…It’s idyllic.”

William took Beth’s hand.

“May I ask you a personal question, my dear?”

*Oh God…what does he want to know!*

“Yes you may.” Beth looked at him and every nerve in her body was tensed and desperate to know what would come now.

“Have you ever been kissed?”

*Why did you ask you fool?! Now she will run off!*

“Well how would you define a kiss?”

Beth asked and looked up at him.

*Now or never mate!*

William bowed and let his right hand drift around her waist while the other tussled through her hair. He stopped short before their lips met and whispered: “Like this.”

And their lips met.

Behind Beth’s eyes exploded everything. The feeling of his soft lips against hers was wonderful. More that wonderful.

William let his tongue run over her upper lip to beg entrance. And slowly Beth opened her lips and her tongue met his for the first time.

Beth sunk into his arms as she got dizzy.

Their tongues danced around each other and their hands wondered over each others back.

Slowly William drew back.

“Well?” he asked to get back to his earlier question.

“No, never.”

A/N: How was that? I hope you enjoyed our first kiss...