The Protectors

By Heather Martin

Rated – R

Summary- The monks gave Buffy and Spike one night of fake memories. That would have been enough to change their lives. But when you add a glowing key in the form of an unborn baby, well . . . things wouldn’t just change, they would be turned completely upside-down

Disclaimer- Joss Whedon owns Spike’s eyebrow scar, his bleached hair, his crystal blue eyes, his manly arms, his muscular chest, his tight . . . *cough* Too bad isn’t it? But a girl can dream, right?

Spoilers- Starts during Out of My Mind. The entire Season 5, although I changed it tremendously to suit my own purpose




Chapter 15

Buffy pouted as she watched Spike spin around, his duster flowing around his form. It looked like he was having fun. If she didn’t look like Moby Dick she’d be having fun as well. She felt lazy and unused. Her Aerobics for Mothers to Be video just didn’t cut it. Slayers were meant for the rush, which leg lifts didn’t provide.

Spike had to go and smirk, reminding her even more what she was missing out on. He back-handed his opponent, making the vamp careen backwards toward where Buffy sat on a tombstone. She stood up. She knew she shouldn’t, but the enticement was so great. He was going to kill her. She whipped out her stake and plunged it into the foe. The vampire crumbled to dust.

“What the bleeding hell do you think you’re doing, slayer?” Spike demanded. “We agreed that all you’d do was watch. You shouldn’t even be out here at all.”

Oh my God, he looked delicious. She licked her lips. He was all bad-ass and fiery. Her kill had filled her with excitement. She itched for more. He seemed like a good source, given her circumstances.

“Come on, Spikey. A tinsy wincey spar? I’m all hot for some action.”

Did that sound like a come-on? It did to her. Was pregnancy making her crazy?

Spike set his jaw. “Not gonna chance it. Not meaning to I could jostle the bite-sized one too much. No.”

She fell back on the best tactic she had: cuteness. She remembered their engagement, when he went for her lip. She gave him some now as temptation.

He shook his head. “Not gonna happen.”

Buffy stopped right in front of him. She was sure he could feel her heightened breath on his sensitive skin. Her heartbeat was hammering inside her chest too.

“What isn’t going to happen?” Buffy whispered.

Spike took a step back. “Uh, Buffy . . . “

She gazed up at him with child-like innocence. “Yes, Spike?”

“I-I think you’re not thinking straight right now. Let’s get you home.”

This must be that sensual arousal she read about in her pregnancy book. Some women just got horny. Rational had simply jumped out the window for the moment. All Buffy could think about was how sexy he looked in the moonlight. His hair glimmered and his shadows cast beautifully over his well-sculpted face.

He took in a deep breath. “I don’t know how much longer I can –“

Buffy reached out and ran her hands over his tight, black t-shirt. She could feel his hard chest underneath. The sensation brought back images of running her fingers down his bare flesh. False memories, she reminded herself. But the thought only made her long to make them real.

“Don’t try to fight it,” Buffy said.

His blue eyes glazed over. “This is a dream. I’ve dreamed this before.”

She smiled. She slipped his duster off his arms. The leather crumpled to the grass. Spike stood rigid. He must be frightened that I’m playing games, Buffy thought.

Buffy took his face in her hands and directed his eyes upon her. “Tell me you want me.”

“I always want you,” he told her heavily.

“Tell me you love me.”

His eyes swam with hope. “I love you.”

She smashed his mouth down on hers. It was hard and powerful. Buffy ground herself into him. For the first time she was actually glad none of her pants fit. She hissed as Spike slipped underneath her skirt. Good vampire, just like that. Keep it up and I’ll give you a treat.

+ + +

“I don’t think she’s out here. Let’s go home,” Anya begged.

Xander continued on ahead of her. “She’s got to be out here somewhere. Joyce said she went patrolling with Spike.”

Anya sighed, clearly bored. “We could be doing something way more interesting. Like that game we-“ Xander shot her a look that meant ‘Not now’. “Why are we doing this again?”

“I need to talk to Buffy. We’re going through a tough time right now. I thought maybe I could lure into spending time with me with donuts and coffee tomorrow morning.”

Folding her arms, Anya said,” You never take me out.”

Xander grabbed his girlfriend’s hand. “I’ll take you out for a nice meal, I promise. After I settle things with Buffy, okay?”

The ex-demon brightened. “Deal.”

They went on through the cemetery. All of a sudden Anya halted. Xander glanced back in confusion.

“I hear something,” Anya said. “Do you hear. . .? Oh. . . Oh my God! Somebody is having sex.”

“Ahn, I’m sure nobody is having sex. I mean, it’s dark. Who would venture out late at night to do it . . . in the cemetery . . . where no one will see . . . Okay maybe-“

“Oh Spike, you are the big bad!”

Xander’s eyes bugged out in horror. Oh no! Oh, oh no! This thing with Buffy got worse and worse.

Anya took a few steps forward. Xander grabbed her arm. “What are you doing!?”

“I want to see,” she said.

“No!”

“But-“

“Buffy. Hmm-ugh.” Xander closed his eyes. Spike.

“We are not going to spy on them. We’re going to go get help,” Xander said.

“She doesn’t need help. She’s having a very good time. Look.” Anya pushed Xander forward. He quickly shielded his eyes.

Spike lay on his back in all his naked glory. Buffy appeared fully clothed, but implications spoke against. Her pastel skirt spilled over their hips as they moved. Buffy had to upper-hand, riding him with frenzy. They let out moans and cries of pleasure.

Xander had only taken it in for a second. A second too late.

+ + +

Buffy came to her senses when she felt the sting. Her pleasure moment hid it from her at first, but as it receded it became known. Buffy scrambled off him, holding the side of her neck.

“You bit me!” she accused.

He stared up at her, dazed. “Well, yeah. Vampire, remember?”

She pointed a finger at him. “You drank from me! How could you!?” She searched around for her panties.

“It’s how it’s done.”

“Not how I do it,” she spat.

Spike lifted himself up on his elbows. “Vampires bite. It’s a sign of affection.”

“’I love you. Can I have your hemoglobin?’ ‘Oh, why sure. Take it all’.’”

“I’d never hurt you, Buffy. You know that.”

Buffy found her undergarment. She pulled it on. She spun around, hovering over his sprawled body.

“No, I really don’t. This display actually reinforces it. You are a vampire. Vampires do violent things.”

Spike swiftly rose. He got in her face. “What was this? I thought it was an act of trust.”

“I could never trust a monster.”

His eyes darkened.

Buffy touched her stomach. “You want to know what this was? A mistake. I can’t afford to make anymore.”

She turned around and stomped off.

___________________________________________________

More spuffy later, I promise.