A/N: I love reviews. Please review and tell me what you think.

Once in the courtyard, Buffy let go of Spike’s hand and walked over to the fountain. She sat on the edge, while Spike continued to stand. He started pacing in front of her. She let him start the conversation.

“Why?” Spike said.

“I don’t know. We apparently are the Champions of People.” she said.

He stopped in front of her. “No. Why didn’t you tell me about the baby?”

“What the hell was I supposed to do? Call you up and tell you that after our one night together, I got pregnant somehow. I’m sorry but it sounds strange coming out of my mouth even now. Your dead, Spike. And I just turned 19. I didn’t even know if I was going to have the child when I first knew about it.” she rambled.

“Luv, this child just shows us how much we are meant to be.” he said.

“No, you just happen to be the father because Willow decided to set me up with you.” she said softly.

“Buffy, up until this moment, my love for you has never wavered. I loved you even when you weren’t with me. Now that I have the chance to have you, I’m doubting that love.” he said with tears in his eyes. He turned and went inside.

Buffy broke down into tears at what she was doing. She heard the door open and close again. She felt someone put there hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Tara standing above her.

“Do you want to talk?” Tara said shyly.

“I love him so much.” Buffy sobbed. “But I keep pushing him away and I don’t know why.”

“Did you tell him you loved him?” Tara asked.

“No, I can’t. I thought I loved Angel and he left me. I know I love Spike. I don’t want to imagine what would happen to him.” Buffy spoke honestly. “The prophesy said that we would make this child together and we would both be champions. It never said that I was supposed to fall in love. It never said that we would live together for eternity.”

“Just because it doesn’t say it doesn’t mean it wasn’t supposed to happen. Spike looked heartbroken when he walked back in. I come out here and you’re sobbing. You must feel the same way for each other.”

“I know.” Buffy said, then looked right into Tara’s eyes. “I’ve just made the biggest mistake of my life, haven’t I.”

Tara nodded and Buffy started to sob again as she collapsed to the ground.

What Buffy didn’t know was that Tara’s nod had been a signal to Spike, who was standing at the window. Spike had asked her to go outside and get Buffy to talk when he came inside. He listened at the window.

Spike walked back outside at Tara’s nod and picked Buffy up off the ground. She clung to him as though he would disappear if she didn’t. Tara quietly went back inside leaving the two outside alone again.

Spike sat on the ground with Buffy in his lap, rocking her. “Shhh. It’s okay now.”

After she calmed a little she began to speak. “I missed you so much. After you left, I cried all night long, I didn’t sleep. After I learned that I was pregnant, I was scared. The more I thought about it, the happier I became. I knew that if you never came back and I would still have part of you here with me.” she confessed. She looked down at her hand. “I haven’t ever taken it off. I tried but could never bring myself to do it. Christmas was the hardest. I found out a few days after I got your Christmas gift and all I wanted to do was call you and tell you, but I couldn’t not until I had answers.”

“Do you wear the necklace?” Spike asked.

“No, I wanted you to put it on me, but you weren’t here to do it.” she said. She dug in her jacket pocket, pulled out a small envelope and handed it to Spike. He looked at it for a moment recognizing it. He opened it up and pulled out the necklace. “May I?” he whispered into her ear. She nodded, sat up a little and held up her hair, allowing him complete access with complete trust. He put the necklace around her neck and secured the clasp. A tear slipped down her cheek when she felt him press a tender kiss against her neck. He moved and kissed the tear away from her cheek. He looked at her and noticed she had closed her eyes.

“Open your eyes, luv.” he whispered. She obeyed his request and locked eyes with his. They stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, he leaned and kissed her, softly at first. He let his tongue slip from between his lips to trace her bottom lip. She opened her mouth slightly allowing him access. It was slow and sensuous. It conveyed what they had lost and then found again. Love.

“I love you, Buffy Summers.”

“I love you, too, Spike.”


A/N: It's your turn. What do you think?