A/N: Keep the reviews coming.

The girls slowly walked into the room stunned. In a 24 hour period they had gone from being so happy that they thought their hearts would burst to feeling as though they had their heart ripped out. Willow noticed a note with both of their names on it on the small table in between their bed.

Girls,

We know that you expected us to be there when you returned, but we felt that it would be better if we left without any kind of confrontation. Please feel free to contact us if either of you need us. We have left for LA. We love you both. Please always remember that.

Your Vamps

P.S. We want you to look underneath your pillows.


Neither girl had noticed until then that their beds had been made neatly. Each went to their own bed and picked up the pillow. Underneath it lay another note, this one written by the vamp that they had spent the night with, along with a rose: Red for Willow and White for Buffy. They looked at each other before reaching for their notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow,

I know that this seems the cowardly way to do this. I also know that you are still dealing with your previous breakup and this doesn’t make it any better. Last night was wonderful. I will never forget how special it was. You gave me the gift of being perfectly happy without being punished. We have always had a special bond. I don’t want to risk ruining whatever we have between us. I don’t know what else to say besides, I’m sorry. I ask you now to forgive me. Forgive me but never forget what happened or how you felt. I love you.

Sincerely
Angel


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Buffy,

I do not have words that describe how much last night meant to me. We have always had a spark between us that not even you can deny. For the first time in over a hundred years I felt loved. You have always amazed me. The first time I saw you dancing, your confidence blew me away. When I first saw you fight, I knew that you were my match. We have never been able to kill each other because of that. We are the perfect match for each other. I have used many words in my past to describe the women I thought I loved, but one never seemed to fit any of them. Effulgent. I found the girl that is effulgent. You are the sunshine in my dark world. However, because of our past I know that you could never love me. So I leave to spare both of us. I am leaving to help my poof of a sire in LA. Fight the good fight and all that rot. I never want you to doubt my love for you.

I love you with all that I am,
Spike


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Willow reread their letters trying to hold in their tears. They finally looked at each other unable to find words to describe how they were feeling but knowing what they needed right now. Both refolded their letter and ran toward each other. As they hugged, they sank to floor taking comfort in each other. Buffy was the first to let her heart wrenching sob come out. Willow soon followed.

After an hour of crying, the girls changed, got into bed and pretended to sleep, all the while thinking about the vamps they loved that were headed toward LA.