A/N: Please read and review.

After a night of pretending to be asleep, Buffy sat up and looked out window. The weather seemed to be sympathizing with her. Dark grey clouds covered the sky and rain poured from the sky like the tears had from her eyes the night before.

‘He said he loved me. Do I love him?’ Buffy thought. ‘It could never work though. He’s an evil vampire and I am the Slayer. We have never gotten along until that night. He was so sweet and gentle that night. We were truly in love.’

“Are you going to class today?” Willow whispered hoarsely startling Buffy out of her thoughts.

“I don’t think so. I know I shouldn’t miss class but I feel like shit. I’m mentally and physically exhausted. I didn’t sleep at all last night.” Buffy replied. She didn’t think she would go to class for the rest of the week. She felt like crying but knew that she didn’t have anymore tears to cry. “What about you, are you going to class?” She asked softly.

“No, I think I am going to stay in and eat chocolate and ice cream and whatever else I can get my hands on. Would you stay with me?” Willow asked shyly. She thought for a moment before she started again. “After everything that happened last year with Faith, I thought we grew apart. Then we started college and we grew apart even more. Maybe this will help us form a tighter friendship.”

Buffy quickly got off of her bed to go sit next to Willow. “Oh Willow. I know that it seems like that but I think it’s all part of getting older. We learn from the past. I know that our friendship will only grow stronger because of this. You are my best friend, Will.” Buffy pulled her friend into a tight hug. “And I would love stay in and veg out with you. Let’s go to the store and get some food.” Willow nodded knowing that she was going to spend some quality time with her best friend.

Thirty minutes later, the girls were on there way to the nearest grocery store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“God bless the person who invented Double Chocolate Chuck ice cream.” Buffy sighed as she looked into the empty pint. She put the carton on the table and looked around the room. They had stopped and gotten chinese food before coming back to the room. Now various containers littered the floor and bed.

Buffy looked over at Willow, who seemed to be in deep thought. “Willow? Whacha thinkin’ about?”

“What should we do? I miss him already, you know. Should we call them and tell them to come back?”she said still looking like she was in her own little world.

Buffy stared at Willow for a minute trying to put her feelings into words. “No...I think we need to get on with our lives. I...” she stalled. “I think me and you need time away from them. We need to know that we can live without them in our lives. I know exactly how you feel though. Spike told me that he loved me and I believed him. Maybe someday I will be able to love him back. Right now my emotions are going all wonky and I think it’s best that he left for a little while.” she said knowing that she was not only lying to Willow but she was also lying to herself.

“I guess you’re right. Maybe I just need to be man free for a little while. But it hurts so bad. He’s the last thing on my list of problems and now I can’t seem to get him out of my head. But right now we just need to get on with our lives right?” Willow said trying to look brave.

“Right!!” Buffy tried to sound confident in her decision.

They knew that it would be hard but as long as they had each other they would be able to cope.

A/N: I want Willow and Buffy to have a strong friendship throughout the story, so you will see a lot of Willow in this story.