A/N: This is a longer chapter than the others. Please continue to read and review. Thanks.

Three Weeks Later....

Buffy and Willow had moved home for winter break, but they had seen each other every day.

“Mom, I’m going out. I’ll be back in a little while.” Buffy yelled as she walked down the stairs.

“Honey, could you come here for a minute.” Joyce said from the kitchen.
Buffy slowly walked into the kitchen and sat on one of stools in front of the island. “Yeah, mom. Whacha need?”

“I was just wanted to see how you are. Are you still feeling sick? You look a little pale. I’m not sure you should be going out.” her mother ranted in a concerned voice.

“Mom,” Buffy sighed, “I’m fine. I’m actually going to the doctor and see if they can give me something to make me feel better.”

“Oh. Do you want me to come with you? I know that you’re old enough to go by yourself but I don’t want...”

“Mom, I’ll be fine.” she interrupted before her mother could continue another rant. “And don’t worry. I’m not going alone. Will’s coming with me. She has an appointment too. She hasn’t been feeling well either. Maybe we caught something from one another.” she explained.

“You and Willow sure are spending a lot of time together. I know that you two kind of grew apart last year. Did something happen to bring you two this close together?” Joyce asked.

‘Does everybody think we grew apart last year?’ Buffy thought. “No...maybe it’s just from us living together. And she is my best friend.” she said, hoping her mother bought it. “Anyways, I need to go if I want to get there on time. I’ll be back later. I love you, mom. Bye.” Buffy said as she ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Geez, what took you so long?” Willow asked as soon as she saw Buffy. She had been standing outside the doctor’s office ten minutes.

“Well, hello to you too.” Buffy said with a smile. “My mom wanted to know where I was going and wanted to make sure I was okay.”

“Oh. Sorry about that first comment. I was starting to think you decided to miss your appointment. I know how much you hate doctors and stuff.” Willow stated.

“As much as I do hate doctors, I want something to help me get over whatever I have. Let’s go ahead and go in. Your appointment is right after mine, right?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, I should be out right after you.” she replied. They entered the doctor’s office, went to the desk and signed in.

“So what do you want to do after we get done here?” Willow asked as she looked through magazines on a bookshelf.

“I thought we could go to the coffee shop, then we could go to Giles’s and see if he has anything interesting to tell us.” she said as they sat down in the waiting room.

“Sounds good to me. Don’t you want something to read?” Willow said while scanning through a food magazine.

“Nah, they should be taking me in any time now. I think I got here just in time.” Just then a door opened and a woman called her name. “See.” Buffy said grinning.

“Buffy Summers?” Buffy nodded. “Good. Could you follow me?” The nurse said happily.

The nurse led Buffy into a small room and asked her to sit on the examination table. After taking Buffy’s temperature and blood pressure, the nurse left the room. ‘Maybe I should have brought a magazine with me’ Buffy thought after a few minutes.

Five minutes later the door opened and a man walked in. “Buffy Summers. How are you today? Probably not very well if you’re here.” he said laughing. He shook her hand. “I’m Dr. Neill, by the way. So what is it that I can help you with today?”

Buffy instantly liked the man. He was so happy. She knew that she could feel comfortable around him. Dr. Neill was a man in his late forties, greying hair and moustache. He wore glasses with invisible framed so they didn’t hide his sparkling green eyes.

“Well,” she began, “I’ve been feeling nauseous for a few days now. I haven’t been sleeping to well either and my mom tells me that I look pale. I didn’t have a flu shot because I usually don’t get sick.”

“Well, Buffy...do you mind if I call you Buffy?” she shook her head. “Well, Buffy you may have a stomach virus. However I would like to run some blood work on you since it is your first time to see me.” he said while writing on her chart. “I’ll send in a nurse to do that. I want you to make an appointment for two days from today so we can go over your results. Do you have any more questions?” She just shook her head. “Okay. Well it was great seeing you today and I’ll see you in a couple of days.”

“Okay.” she said as she shook his hand again. Just then a thought came to her. “My best friend came with me and you are about to go in and see her. Could we both come at the same time? I think she has whatever I have.”

“I don’t usually do that, but then again nobody ever asks to do that either.” He said as he pulled off his glasses and cleaned them. This action reminded her of Giles. “I suppose that would be okay.” he said putting his glasses back on.

“Thank you, Dr. Neill.” giving a big smile. He gave her a smile in return, nodded, and left the room. Seconds later the nurse came back in, took some of her blood and told her she could leave.”
After making an appointment for her and Willow, Buffy sat back down in the chair that she had occupied earlier. ‘I wonder what he’s doing right now. Does he still think about that night?’ She looked down at her right middle finger that held the ring that he had given her. ‘I wish I could just get over it.’ she thought as frown took over her features.

“Whacha frowning about?” Willow asked startling Buffy out of her thoughts once again.

“Nothing much. You ready to go. I already made our appointment for day after tomorrow.” Buffy replied while standing up.

“Yep! Ready as I’ll ever be. Let’s go get caffeinated.” Willow said with big smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mom!! Willow and I are here.” Buffy yelled as she came through the door.

Joyce walked down the stairs and gave them both a hug. “Your home early. I thought it would take longer.” She walked past the girls and into the kitchen knowing that they would follow her.

“Yeah I know. We went to see Giles and not only do students go away for Christmas, so do demons. He didn’t have anything new to tell us.” Buffy said with a huge smile knowing she finally getting the chance to rest.

“That’s great sweetie. Speaking of Christmas. Something came to you today. Both of you. Whoever sent it must have known you be together. It’s in the living room, on the coffee table.” Joyce told them.

The girls looked at each other before racing into the living room. On the table sat two vases contain two dozen roses each. One held red roses, the other held white. They knew instantly who had sent them. They slowly walked to the couch and set in front of their roses. Willow was the first to reach for her note that had been placed in the roses.

She opened the small sealed envelope and took out the small card. On it was a simple message.

For an unforgettable girl.

She looked into the envelope and pulled out a small heart shaped locket. She looked over at Buffy with tears in her eyes. “Your turn.” she whispered.

Buffy reached out a shaking hand and took the envelope from the roses. She was afraid of what it would say. As she started to open it, she felt Willow hand on her back giving her support. Buffy quickly ripped open the envelope and pulled out her card.

For my girl who is ever effulgent.
Buffy held back a sob. She looked at Willow. She suddenly found her voice. “Mom!! Willow’s staying over tonight. Is that okay with you?” Never breaking eye contact with Willow, both knowing they would once again need each other for support.

“That’s fine honey.” Joyce said, oblivious to the pain that Buffy and Willow were in.

“I think we are going to need some more ice cream.” Willow said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two day later...

Buffy and Willow walked into the doctor’s office and signed in. Willow once again started looking through the magazine she had been looking at before.

“Buffy Summers and Willow Rosenberg?” both got up and followed the nurse past all of the examination rooms and into a large office. “Dr. Neill will be with you in a few minutes.” she said and left them in the office.

“I hope he this little meeting goes quick. I want to go home, eat ice cream and watch sad movies. How about you?” Buffy said while trying to make herself comfortable in one of the large leather chairs.

“Sounds good, sister.” Willow said. She felt as though Buffy were the sister she never had. Buffy just smiled at name.

Just then the door opened and Dr. Neill walked looking as nice as the last time.

“How are you two today?” he said while taking a seat behind the large mahogany desk.

“Okay” the girls said in unison.

“Are you girls excited about Christmas? Only three days left.” Both girls just shrugged. He looked at them curiously.

“And you are both sure you want to be here for the other’s results?” he said seriously.

“Yeah. We would tell each other anyway. So doctor what do we have?” Willow asked with a smile.

Dr. Neill just smiled and nodded. “Well Buffy and Willow...” he said looking through their charts.

“Congratulations, you’re both pregnant.”