Ch. 15: Morning Conversations

The sun shone brightly on Buffy's face, both comforting her and startling her at the same time. She breathed in deeply, the sleep slowly clearing from her brain. There was an arm lightly draped over her waist, light breathing tickling the top of her head, and strong legs pressing against her legs. Or was it his leg? Was it--

Spike moaned sleepily, his eyes still closed in dreamland and his cock hardened in the morning way. Curious about his reactions, and not having looked closely last night, Buffy peeked under the covers and brushed it lightly. She gasped in surprise as it bucked against her touch, jumping into her hand. Slowly Spike awoke, a sexy smirk on his face when he felt Buffy's movements against his cock. However, he quickly scooted away when his eyes opened to see that the expression on her face was one of shock rather than lust. Blushing, he grinned sheepishly and said, "Sorry," stretching out as his body began to wake up thoroughly.

"So it's true--the morning wood myth?" she joked, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. She giggled when he saw the stunned look on his face. "What, you think you guys are the only ones who discuss these things? I'll have you know Anya is very thorough in her teachings."

He gave her one final look and then laughed again, shaking his head. "You will never cease to surprise me." He pulled her in and kissed the top of her hair, enjoying the feel of her hair against his lips.

Buffy snuggled against his body, forgetting that this should be a moment of awkwardness, a moment of waking up naked next to her boyfriend for the first time. He made her forget, and she loved that. She arched herself against him, yawning.

"I just want you to know," he murmured into her hair, not fully awake.

"Mmm?" she sighed, her heart slightly tapping in anticipation of what these intimate morning talks might reveal.

"That these are quite nice," he said lowly.

Buffy looked up to her lacy black thong dangling from his fingers. She tried to grab them from his fingers, but he eluded her easily. Her torso jumping up, she reached for them again, but he simply laughed at her and held her head down with his capable hands.

"And I know there's more of it in your room, you sexy kitten you! Lingerie's your weakness, 'ey?" he teased as she futilely strained to retrieve her panties.

And then she was on top of him, her breasts swaying tantalizingly in front of his face as she stretched to grab her thong.

And then the moment of awkwardness crept up and slammed into her. Or rather, slammed up against the back of her ass in a way that was so incredibly arousing that she yelped and blushed and became wet in a matter of seconds. Her eyes widened, and his eyes closed, and they both moaned a little.

She grabbed her panties quickly, moved off of his body, and shimmied the thong up her legs. Now her nakedness was a little embarrassing, and she found her shirt and pulled that on as well. Spike simply watched on, an amused look on his face.

Spike's amused look was merely a disguise for what he was really feeling: horny like a toad in heat. He knew, with his mind, that going to the next level was a little too soon for them. He knew that Buffy was different from all the other girls he'd dated. He knew that she was someone he wanted to cherish for a very very long time. However, his body wanted to thrust his cock into that gorgeous pussy of hers and make her ride him till she fell on top of him in exhaustion. He pulled the sleeping bag around him a little more tightly to keep her embarrassment from flaring again. He wanted her, but not like this--not on the cement ground outside of a pool at Anya's house. He breathed in slowly, trying to control himself, his amused smirk firmly in place. "Mornin', cutie," he said grabbing her hand and kissing it gently as he caressed her skin, holding her delicately.

Buffy stared into his eyes as she felt his lips skate across her hand. It amazed her, that he could look at her and kiss her and make her feel so precious--even when she was in the middle of putting her pants on, her t-shirt on backwards and her thong twisted in her rush. It was as if he knew how self-conscious and embarrassed she'd felt, and with a swift movement he swept it all away. She smiled slowly at him; he was the best--there was just no other way to put it.

He pulled her in and then kissed her briefly on the nose--and then backed away quickly when he saw the look on her face. "Oops," he muttered as he covered his mouth. "Brush first?" he mumbled through his hands.

"Yes, please," she responded, her hands covering her mouth as well. She giggled, untwisting and adjusting her clothes so that she was presentable. Throwing his shorts at him, Buffy waited for him to get dressed and then reached out her hand to help him up. He grabbed both hands and then landed in her arms. They both enjoyed the morning embrace, the way they fit so easily in each other's arms, and then walked hand in hand towards the pool house.

***

Everyone was still asleep, or at least pretending to be, so Spike and Buffy decided to walk to the local diner and grab some breakfast. It was earlier that they'd expected; they assumed it was the sleeping outside and the sun shining on them that woke them at the early hour of 9 am on the morning after Homecoming. Whatever the reason, they were enjoying the quiet walk through the neighborhood, the comfortable hand-holding--because their fingers didn't fight over which position to take, and that spoke volumes about being a good fit, clearly.

They were seated quickly, thankfully away from the families with loud children and far from the elderly couples. Buffy didn't want to share her time with Spike; there was something about their morning, their evening, just everything that seemed too intimate to be around so many other people. The booth in the back corner suited them perfectly. After ordering lavish breakfasts, they settled into the vinyl cushions as they waited for food.

"So, you're a virgin?"

Spike started laughing, his whole face brightening and his body relaxing. "How long have you been thinking about that?"

Buffy blushed and said, "No, I mean, I was just surprised when we were playing that game last night. I don't know--I guess I assumed that you'd have been with--" She stopped herself. She figured he'd share if he wanted to. Did she want him to?

He smiled again. "How about this. You ask away. I'll ask away. This breakfast we'll get it all out. Things that might seem awkward to bring up, you know, since it might otherwise seem weird to wait for a relevant moment during normal conversation. That suit you?"

Buffy nodded. "Sounds good. That doesn't mean I won't ask later if I feel like it. But now I don't have to make up some kind of transition."

"So what do you want to know?"

"Well, how come you're still a virgin? I mean, Drusilla wasn't known for her chastity--and she was older."

"Yeah, she was. But I wasn't just gonna give it away just because she wanted it. She did want it, especially because I was a virgin. But in a lot of ways that only convinced me that I should really hold onto it. Like the way she made such a big deal only emphasized how important it was. I didn't want to just lose it to anyone. I mean, Dru was wonderful, but things just got a little weird and intense. Anyway, I didn't sleep with her."

"But you did other things?" she asked hesitantly. Buffy wanted to know, and yet she was scared to hear the answers. It was an odd kind of fascination, and she wasn't sure if she really wanted to know, but she had to ask.

"Yeah. You sure you wanna hear about it?"

"Yeah. I mean, I'd rather you tell me than rely on things I've heard from gossip."

"What do you mean? What'd you hear?"

She blushed and was thankful when the waitress brought out their food. But Spike was not to be deterred. "No seriously. I mean, I know the guys always talk, but what'd you hear?"

"Oh, I mean, it wasn't anything bad."

"But...?"

"Well, there were rumors that you and Cecily had sex in the stairwell near the gym, and that's why you got suspended for two days."

Spike smirked and let out a chuckle. "That was in ninth grade."

"Yeah, well, it was big gossip."

"We didn't have sex, but I was going down on her." He shifted nervously. "She was pretty demanding, and I was so infatuated with her that I was willing to do anything for her. God, that was embarrassing, getting caught by the assistant principal. Cecily somehow got out of the punishment, but I got suspended for two days. Maybe he just assumed I had forced her into doing it."

"Whatever happened to her?"

"Oh, she moved away. But not before I found out what a bitch she was. Though she still ended up dumping me before I figured her all out." He chewed on his pancakes with vigor. "But was there other gossip you heard?"

"You sure you wanna know all the things people say about you?"

"You sure you wanna know all the things I've done with other girls?"

"I'll tell if you tell. What can I say? I'm a curious kitten."

"Ooh, kitten. I like kittens." He arched his eyebrow and curled his tongue at her.

She stuck out her tongue in response and then curled her own. She laughed as his eyes bugged out at her tongue aerobics. "Anyway, I heard that you and Dru were going at it during the fire drill, that while everyone else was outside, you guys were in a closet somewhere and somehow didn’t get caught."

Spike laughed again, and then he sighed quietly and his eyes began to look back to the past. "Yeah, that one was sort of true. The alarm went off, and Dru grabbed me and pulled me into a closet. I think she was really into kinky things, public places and such. Anyway, somehow she'd heard that it was just a drill and not a real alarm, so she and I just spent the time, you know, doing stuff. And then we just joined the rest of the group when everyone was allowed back into the building. I guess people found out by the looks on our faces and the rumpled hair."

"And Dru's scuffed knees," Buffy muttered before laughing at the look on his face. "What? You think people don't notice these things?"

"No, I didn't. And I certainly didn't think you'd notice."

"Well, I noticed everything when it came to you." Her eyes widened when she realized just how much she'd given away. "I mean, you know, cuz everyone was talking about it."

"So, you've had a crush on me for a while?" Spike teased, his mouth smirking but his eyes showing his genuine surprise and delight at her admission.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, geez, could we be any cockier?"

"No, seriously Buffy. I've always thought you were cute, ever since we met back in ninth grade when I moved here. But you were so mean to me that I never thought you even liked me as a person. C'mon, you can be honest with me."

Buffy's face flamed even more. It was funny; they were now dating, and Spike obviously liked her, genuinely liked her. What harm could there be in sharing? She took a deep breath and said quickly, "OkayI'velikedyousinceninthgrade."

"What? Can you say that again?"

"No. No, I can't," she said smugly. "If you didn't get it the first time, I'm not repeating it."

"That's too bad. Because I could've sworn you said you liked me since ninth grade," he repeated, his eyebrow cocked in that ridiculously sexy way.

"Hm? What? I didn't hear you," she said, eating ferociously like she'd been starving for the past month and a half.

"You know, it's a good thing you're as cute as you are." He smiled at her and then dug into his own food. "And for the record, I was going to ask you to Homecoming in ninth grade, but you shot me down even before I could ask."

"What?!" she exclaimed, her fork stopped in between the plate and her mouth. "What are you talking about?"

He put down his coffee mug and leaned forward. "You heard me. I was going to ask you to Homecoming back in ninth grade, and you shot me down."

"I did not. There was no way in hell that I said no." She gave him a look of incredulity.

"Remember when we were all hanging out at the Bronze--you, me, Xander, everybody. And we were shooting pool, and you were trash-talking because that's all you do, and I mentioned something about playing for a Homecoming date, and you gave me this look like I was a disgusting monster with horns or something. And so I dropped it--I wasn't about to get rejected when you made it clear that you didn't want to go. So I asked Cecily, because some girl told me she wanted to go with me."

Buffy's face was one of utter shock and dismay. "You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm not. Seriously. Buffy, my liking you--this thing between us--it wasn't just because you got all dolled up and suddenly my eyes were open. C'mon, give me a little more credit than that. But a guy doesn't like to be rejected."

Buffy banged her head on the table and groaned. "Oh. My. God. Please tell me this is a nightmare. I've had this stupid crush on you for years, and you're telling me you liked me back but my stupid mouth made you think I didn't? I'm the stupidest girl in the world," she whined.

Spike suddenly got up and scooted into her side of the booth. He pulled her into his arms and made her look up at him, her face mottled with embarrassment and annoyance with herself. "Hey, don't get all mad now. We got it all settled. And now our senior year will be fabulous. I mean, with a guy like me, how can you go wrong?"

She thumped him in the chest for his cockiness and tried to shake the stray hair out of her face. "My life is just stupid that way. I always wondered about that, why we started hanging out less after that, why you all of a sudden decided to hang out with me again this year," she said as she toyed with his shirt.

"Like I said, it was not a sudden decision. I've always kinda had a thing for you. But when you and Angel were together, for some reason, I felt like there was a stronger pull. You know I was about to ask you to dance when Angel showed up. Stupid poofter."

She giggled at his description and then hugged him. "So you really like me?"

"Yes. I really like you. You're gorgeous and smart and funny and currently slightly drooling on my favorite shirt."

She slapped his chest again playfully. "Glad that you're comforting me in my sorrow."

"There are better ways to comfort you," he said lasciviously. He laughed as she pushed him away, her fingers still holding onto him. Noticing the looks of annoyance from the other tables, he returned to his side and got back to his food.

***

"So was I better?" he asked quietly, sipping his coffee.

"Yes. What is it you're asking about?" she asked while finishing up her pancakes.

He chuckled. God, she was wonderful. "Well, last night you mentioned that you didn't really like it when Angel went down on you. Was I better? You can be honest."

Gone was his cocky exterior. He looked like a little boy waiting to be praised with a cookie. He was adorable. Buffy replied, "You didn't figure it out by what I did next? I thought that was a pretty good indication." He still looked needy, and so she gave in. "It was amazing. I think it was the best feeling I've ever had. Ever. So you can bet your bottom dollar that you're going to be doing it again."

Finally, his cockiness was back. "Well, I do have a pretty nice tongue."

"Yeah, but I like your ass better." She giggled and then decided to ask her own question. Her voice quiet, she murmured, "Um, was I good?"

"Are you kidding? My groaning and writhing and yelling out your name didn't convince you of how fucking amazing you were?" he said, nodding his head vigorously. "And that was your first time? Boy, I am one lucky guy," he teased. Somehow he knew that Buffy, with all her confident trash talking and sarcasm, really needed reassurance--which wasn't too difficult, since her blow job truly was the best he'd ever had.

"Okay, I get the picture." She continued eating for a moment and then paused, looking up at him and saying, "Really?"

Spike chuckled. "Yes, really. And I'll even say this--it was even better than Dru, and she always prided herself in being the best at that."

"Um, thanks?"

"Well, you asked. And you did say you were a curious kitten." He shrugged. "You just tell me when you think I'm telling you too much."

"Well, I'm just going to have to make sure I'm better at everything so you don't even think of others," she said matter-of-factly.

"I'm all for that plan. Ready to go?" He jumped at and made motions to go.

"In fact, I am." She rose sexily, sliding her leg out and leaning forward to give him a glimpse of her perky breasts. She took his outstretched hand and then rubbed her body against his, smirking briefly before giggling at his reaction. "Let's go!" she called out, having already walked out with a little wiggle of her butt.

Spike stared at that tight ass of hers. "Yes, let's," he agreed and followed quickly, a wide grin on his face.