Chapter Thirty- Searching



Rick had no idea where to start. He had a title, not a name. What was he supposed to do? Go around with a megaphone, paging the town for the slayer? It was ridiculous. But what choice did he have?



So he asked around. He went around and asked practically everyone he saw. And everyone thought he was crazy. He began to wonder if they were right.



He came across a bar called Willy’s. He hesitated, not sure about going in. The place gave off an ominous aura.



Just then a person came out. Or at least he thought it was a person. They were greatly disfigured. Their skin was wrinkled and drooped. The sight made him cringe. It looked like the flesh might fall right off.



It held a box. A tiny black head peeked out, its green eyes glowing in the night. A kitten, Rick realized.



“Hey there,” the creature greeted.



Person, Rick corrected. It wasn’t right to think of him as a creature. He was probably just a guy with a bad disorder.



“H-Hi,” Rick stammered in reply.



“You lookin to go inside? You weren‘t here for poker night, were you? The game‘s over for tonight.”



Rick shook his head. “No, I didn’t come to play. I’m searching for someone actually.”



“Oh yeah? Who? I might know them.”



“The slayer. You know her?”



A grin displayed on the weird-looking man. “I’ve never met he,” he said. “But my good buddy has.”



Hope filled Rick. “Where is she?”



The man shrugged. “I don’t know. My buddy, Spike, would know. He talks about her all the time. Has the hots for her. I don’t understand what he sees in her. Her skin is too tight for my taste. Too bad he didn‘t come tonight for kitten poker. He‘s missed the last three games.”



Rick sighed. This wasn’t getting him anywhere.



“So, you have no idea where she is?”



“Sorry, no.”



“Thanks for your time,” Rick remarked. He turned to go.



“Wish I could have helped you find Buffy. Spike talked about her nonstop, but he never mentioned where she lived. Good luck, though.”



Buffy? Rick stopped. He spun back around and smiled.



“Her name is Buffy?”



“Oh, yeah.”



“That helps.”



“It does?” The man seemed pleased. “Good. I like to help and am sorry when I can’t.”


Rick left, feeling more optimistic. He had a name. He was one step closer to finding the slayer.



*************************************



Buffy was quiet. She spent her time in deep thought, hardly talking to anyone.



“Buffy, are you all right?” Willow asked her that afternoon.



Buffy raised her head. “Huh?”



“Is something up?”



“No,” Buffy answered too quickly.



“Liar.”



The slayer sighed in defeat. “All right. I had a dream. It kinda is lingering me with bad vibes.”



Willow leaned toward her friend. “Was it a slayer dream?”



“Oh I hope not.” Buffy shivered at the thought.



“Want to tell me what it was about?”



“Not really. Maybe later.”



The red-head nodded in understanding.



“Let’s talk about something else, k?” Buffy said.



“All right. What do you want to talk about?”



“How about Tara and you? Any new sparkage there?”


A goofy grin formed on Willow’s mouth. Her eyes got all dreamy. “Major spark. We’ve been talking about moving back in together.”



Buffy’s eyes widened. “Really? How come you never told me until now?”



“Because it isn’t final yet. We’re ’thinking’ about it.”



“Well, I’m happy things are working out. I’ll be sad to see you go, but . . . Ya know, togetherness is always good.”



“Definitely. And I’d only be across town. Plus, more room. Babies need room,” Willow pointed out.



Buffy giggled. She placed a hand on her bulging belly. “How I know it. I sometimes wonder if I’ll be able to get through the front door.”



“Oh, Buffy, quit!” Willow scolded. “You’re beautiful.”



“Or so some people tell me.”



“Spike, huh? Well, he’s right. You are all glowy and vibrant.”



Buffy had to smile at that. The expression only proved Willow’s point.



********************************



Rick was lucky that Buffy was an unusual name. He went to the library and searched databases. He found Buffy in the Sunnydale directory. Buffy Summers, age 21. Her current residence was at Revello Drive.



He abandoned the computer and ran out the door.



*********************************



That night Buffy chose to relax. She lay on the bed, declaring herself a vegetable.


“You’re very edible,” Spike agreed. “But I would classify you more of a dessert.”



Buffy smiled. “Sundae?”



“With syrup and whipped crème. Very delectable.”



“Mmm, I like the sound of that.”



“Turn over, pet,” Spike ordered.



She complied, rolling over to face him. He held up a bottle of lotion.



“Cocoa butter time,” Spike said.



“Oh, yeah. Can’t have me getting stretch marks.”



His warm fingers lifted her shirt. His fingers slipped behind her back and unhooked her bra. Naked and exposed, she gazed up at him with innocent eyes.



“You take such good care of me,” she murmured.



Spike squirted the ointment onto her skin. He lathered it, running his hands up and down her stomach.



“Always, Buffy,” he told her. “I’ll always take care of my girls.”



“Mmmm, that feels good.”



Spike had shifted his attention to massaging other parts of her. Her back, neck, and then her breasts. Buffy moaned in pleasure.



“I want you, Spike,” Buffy declared. “Do you want me?”



“I always want you.”



He bent down to taste her mouth. He devoured her with his tongue.



When he pulled back, he smirked. “Yep, a dessert from heaven.”



There was a knock on the door.



“Whoever it is, is dead,” Buffy shouted in annoyance.



“Buffy, come downstairs quick!” Dawn said frantically.



Spike sat up. “What is it, platelet?”



“There’s a strange man downstairs. He demands to see the slayer,” Dawn informed.



“I’m coming. Give me a minute,” Buffy said.



She got up and started to get dressed. So much for relaxing.



_______________________________________________



My mom told me about coco butter today. She said that it prevents stretch marks. It sparked a heated Spuffy scene to life. Well, the ’start’ of one.