Chapter Thirty- Three- Hellos and Goodbyes



It was the end. Judas and the Gestalt were supposedly dead, burnt up in the fire. The threat against Alexis was over. It was time for her to go back where she belonged.



The entire gang gathered at the magic shop to say their goodbyes. Tara and Willow agreed on performing the return spell together. The red-head still didn’t feel comfortable doing magic on her own, but trusted herself when she was with her girlfriend.



“We’re ready,” Tara announced.



That was the Scoobies’ cue to clear out. They left the main part of the store, leaving Buffy, Spike, and their daughter alone.



There was silence. No one knew what to say. Alexis took charge and threw herself at her parents. They held her back, afraid to let go.



“I love you guys,” Alexis declared.



She pulled back to see her mother crying. Spike didn’t look far gone either.



“Aw, don’t be like this,” she said. “You know I’m not really leaving.”



“I know,” Buffy said. “But it still feels that way.”



Alexis gave them a small smile.



“I’m so glad you came to us. Who knows how things would have turned out without you.” Buffy reached for Spike’s hand. Their fingers entwined together. “You’re the reason things turned out the way they did.”



“We owe you a lot, Sunshine. Your our salvation,” Spike said.



“I wouldn’t go that far. I didn’t do a whole lot actually. You both are the champions,” Alexis remarked. “I guess I better get going.”



Buffy’s eyes shed more water. “Oh, baby, I’m going to miss you.”



Alexis rolled her eyes. “I know I shouldn’t be saying this to my mom but . . . You are an idiot. I’m right there.” She pointed a finger to Buffy’s stomach.



With that, Buffy began to laugh through her tears. Spike joined her.



“I guess I am pretty stupid, huh?”



“I’m not even going to answer that question.” Alexis walked toward the training room. Without glancing back she added, “See ya around in about three and a half months.”



*****************************



“Are you sure about this?” Willow asked. Her voice was shaky and uncertain.



The witch gazed down at the bassinet. Sirena stared up at her with her stunning green eyes and smiled. Willow could see the baby actually smile at her. She could tell that this little girl was special.



“She needs someone. A-And I’ve seen you with her. I know you want to keep her.” Tara came up beside her.



“I do,” Willow confessed. She turned toward her lover. “But do you? Are you ready for this big step? I mean we just got back together.”



“I would have chosen to wait. But this baby needs us now not later.”



“So it’s okay then.”



Tara’s arms slid around Willow’s waist. She laid her head on her shoulder. “Everything’s going to be just fine. I know it.”



**********************************



“I miss her,” Buffy whispered. She sat up in bed, running fingers through her hair. She let out a frustrated sound. “God, I really am stupid! She was right. Stupid Buffy.”



“You aren’t the only one, luv,” Spike informed.



Buffy laid a spread hand over her belly. “I know she’s here, but it doesn’t feel the same.” Her eyes stared across the room.



Spike touched Buffy’s hand. The sensation made her turn her attention back to him.



“She’s with us. We just have to wait is all.”



“Waiting sucks.”



“That it does.”



_____________________________________________________



VERY short. But I can’t go on cuz that is all I want in this chapter. But tis not to worry. I’m going on to write the next part right now.