Eclipse of the Heart



By Heather Martin



 


 


Spoilers- Set during and after Smashed. I borrowed a few lines from Wrecked as well. Has spoilers for everything up to that point. Goes AU after that



Summary- B/S T/W A/X Something goes funky with Spike and Buffy after their coupling in the abandoned house. Meanwhile, a demon and a mysterious girl come to Sunnydale from the future.



 


Yes, Buffy is treating Spike like crap. I am only going off how she treated him in season 6. And she will continue to do so until I give her a reason to treat him differently.



 


Chapter Four- Identity



Spike wasn’t much of the reading type. William had been all bookish, while the demon got his stories off the telly. He never took part in the research parties (not that he had been invited anyway). That day, though, he was eagerly scanning every page. When he came to the end, he snatched another book to search.



Beside him, Dawn flung a heavy gray volume to the table. “I’m done with that one.”



“Anything?” Buffy asked.



“Nothing. Zip. Nada,” her sister expressed.



Anya looked up from her text. “We’ve been at this for hours. We’re never going to find anything,” she complained.



“It’s only been three hours,” the slayer said.


“Yes, and that’s three hours of my time,” the ex-demon commented. “If Giles were here maybe he could find something. But he’s gone now and took all the valuable books.”



“Maybe Anya’s right,” Xander spoke up.



“Pessimists anyone?” Buffy asked.



“All I’m saying is this is Spike here. Why are we helping him anyway?”



Buffy squirmed in her seat. “I promised him.”



“And I ask . . .so?”



That was enough. It was all Spike could take. They were talking as if he wasn’t even in the room. He stood up, gathered a couple books and headed out the door. If they didn’t want to help him fine. He’d help himself.



He paused outside the door for a moment. He could still hear muffled voices from in the store. They probably didn’t even notice he was gone.



The door opened. He turned, not knowing who to expect, but was extremely astonished to see Anya exit the shop. She faced Spike, eyeing the books he held.



“You’re bringing those back,” she told him.



“No worries, luv. Bring them straight back after I’ve had a looksie,” Spike replied.



She nodded.



“We need to talk.”



“And why’s that?” he asked.



“Because that is what humans do. They talk when they have something valuable to pass on.”



“Right.”



The ex-demon went over to the curb and sat down. She looked back, annoyed, seeing that he wasn’t moving.



“Well, come over here,” she ordered.



Spike sighed. He set the books down on the side-walk, and then walked over to her side. He reluctantly sat down.



She smiled over at him. “Being human isn’t so bad. You’ll like it once you get used to it.”



Spike didn’t think he liked where this little talk was going. He’d rather not be lectured about the joys of mortal life. He went through twenty-nine years of it before and it brought him nothing but a bad reputation as a mama’s nancyboy, and rejection.



He realized Anya was still going on.



“You’ll find yourself a nice woman who will give you many orgasms. And then a job that will put lots of green money in your pocket.”



Spike stood up. He went over to get the books.



Anya got to her feet as well. “Soon you won’t care about changing back into a vampire. So, it is all right if we don’t spend all day looking through archaic tomes.”



“Gee, thanks, Anya. You’ve helped me tons,” Spike said with sarcasm.



Anya didn’t catch the mockery in his voice. A bright smile spread across her face. “I’m glad I could aid you in this dark time.”



He rolled his eyes as she bounced back into the Magic Box, probably onto the lap of monkey boy. Just then Buffy and Dawn came out.



“Let’s go,” the slayer said.



“What?” Spike questioned in disbelief.



“My house. Now.”



“Are you offering me a place to stay?”



Buffy and her sister began to walk, expecting him to follow. He remained in place.



“Why?” Spike asked. “You don’t owe me anything.”



Slowing down, without stopping, she said softly, “Because I haven’t forgotten.”



Confusion ran over him. “Forgot what?”



“What you did for me and Dawn.”



Buffy continued walking and this time Spike followed behind.



**********************



Buffy awoke, sweaty and horny. She had just dreamt about the night in the abandoned house. She lay on her back, still, trying to calm herself. She closed her eyes in attempt to return to sleep. It wasn’t working. She tossed and turned. The sheets tangled around her legs.



The thought of Spike down in the basement was not helping. He was in the same building. Obtainable if she really wanted him. Which she did. Oh God, how she did.



She kicked off the sheets. Then she wriggled out of her blue pajama bottoms and top. She wore lacy black panties underneath, with no bra. The material was soaked through. Buffy discarded them as well. Completely bare now, she ran her fingers over her slick body. She imagined the hands were icy and masculine.



Her right hand pinched her nipples, while her left trailed down to her pussy. She rubbed herself vigorously, bringing herself to release. She came whimpering, but instead of sating her longing, it only seemed to intensify it.



Getting out of bed, she searched for her robe. She quickly threw it on. She crept out into the hall. The house was silent, everyone deep in slumber. She went downstairs and into the kitchen. The door to the basement called to her, beckoning her forth.



Buffy reached for the doorknob. She hesitated. You can always turn back, she told herself. This is wrong. Bad.



She turned the knob. The stairs creaked as she journeyed downward.



“Spike? Are you asleep?” she whispered.



“Slayer?” She could sense him sit up, searching for her in the dark.



“I . . .”



This all seemed stupid now. She wasn’t even that aroused anymore. Suddenly the basement burst into illumination. Spike stood next to the light switch. She stared, transfixed by his naked chest. Okay, arousal heightening again.



Buffy let her robe fall to the floor. She threw herself at him. She crushed her lips to his, pushing him toward the cot. They fell on the mattress. She straddled him, kissing him with fervor.



He gently pressed her away. His clear, blue eyes met hers in inquiry. “Are you sure about this?”



“No talk.” She took his hands and cupped them over her breasts. “Touch me.”



He didn’t need to be told twice. He prodded the erect nipples, making her moan. His fingers were switched to his mouth. He sucked and bit at them with blunt teeth.



She was hot. Spike’s hands were also hot. They weren’t supposed to be hot. Why were they hot?



Her thoughts ended, however, when she was slammed down on the cot. Spike hovered over her. He kissed her passionately. As he did, she felt flesh hit her throbbing core. Her green eyes widened in surprise and she gasped.



Spike put her feeble attempts upstairs to shame. His thumb ran up and down her slit. She was shaking as he vibrated against her clit. The orgasm hit her, ripping a scream from her throat.



The bleach blonde looked at Buffy, smirking in conceit. He knew he was talented.



Buffy tore the dark jeans from his lower half. Then she flipped them so that she was on top. His rock hard cock entered her heat, filling her walls to excess. She rose up and fell back down over and over. His hips were eager to join the rhythm. Their breathing quickened as the pace grew more desperate.



Make me feel, Buffy begged. Make me real. Give me a reason to go on even if it is just to fuck you one more time.



Finally, the explosion hit, spreading over them at the same time. His seed spilled into her with heat. Heat?



Buffy grabbed his shoulders. Her nails dug into his skin. The expression on her face was frightening. Hollow and empty.



Spike stroked her cheek. “Buffy?”



“Drink me,” she pleaded.



“What!?”



“Please drink me.”



I want to know I still have life. I want to see if blood still flows through my veins or if they are worthless tubes.



He ran his fingers through her hair. “I can’t, pet. Remember?”



Dawning came over her. Everything came crashing back. And she realized who she was with. This wasn’t a souless demon. This wasn’t the Spike who was a thing.



Buffy jumped off him. She wrapped the robe around her as fast as she could. Then she fled the room.



___________________________________________



I was a little uncertain as to how that scene should have went. I almost made Buffy begin to cry and Spike hold her. But then I thought that Buffy probably would have been horrified rather than teary-eyed, so I went with her running away instead.



Hope you all are enjoying.