***Hey this fic is up for “Best Spuffy Fic” which is a total honor…one which I am not entirely sure I deserve since I’ve only been at this for a little while, so I voted for PattyAnne. But since I am a big fan of letting authors know their stuff is appreciated, I encourage all of you to go to your account, go to weekly polls and vote for your favorites!! But to all of the people who have reviewed or emailed me about this story, your praise and opinions are what keep me going and I couldn’t ask for better readers!! So this chapter is for you!”***


Spike felt the salty breeze sweep over his skin and hoped it would return his sanity…it didn’t. If anything it made him a little more insane for the beautiful vixen pressed against him. He could taste her on the wind and even thought he had just consumed her fully, he wanted more. A sly smile slid across his lips, he wanted more alright but this time he would be in control.

In nearly two centuries of lovemaking he had never felt the kind of power they had created between them and it had been enough to bring Atlas to his knees. He was half in love with her before this and now he was completely lost…there would be no one else, for either of them.

She was his, even if she didn’t know it and it was time to make his claim permanent. He knew he shouldn’t be thinking of forever with a woman he had just met but with her it was like her heartbeat had filled his empty breast and brought him back to life. Dead was he no more, she had fucked the life back into him and he should just walk away before he lost everything. It was impossible to fall in love this fast, this quickly…it was just lust…infatuation and nothing more…nothing real.

Screw that, he thought bending down to pull up his trousers. He had fought for a lot of stupid reasons over the years, picked fights he had no hope of winning but not once had he ever ran away because it was it was impossible. Love wasn’t something you could custom order or put on the calendar and wait for, he told himself. It was too strong to be denied forever and yet so fragile that it could be lost in the single moment you looked away. That all love was, moments in time, single grains of sand on the coastline of your reality and he wasn’t about to let this or her slip through his fingers. He was tired of being alone in the tumultuous sea that was lost in the constantly crashing waves and fast currents.

Something told him, that his woman was the type to swim against the current, just on principal and he wasn’t about to let that happen. If she wanted to fight, they would fight until they were both aching and bloody but in the end he would burn in hell before he let her go. It was about time, she started to understand that and who she was dealing with. She had said they were both masters but so far all they had done is dance to her tune. Now it was time for him to lead. He bent down and scooped her into his arms. “My turn luv.”

Admiring his stamina almost as much as his diamond cut abs, she gave him a wicked smile. He paused at the door and she raised her voice for the voice lock. “What do you have in mind?”

The door swung open and he surveyed his surroundings. She had a spacious living room and to his surprise it was decorated in the same dark hues as the main floor in the club, a shrine of gothic elegance. Two long black velvet divans faced off against each other from opposite sides of the room separated by a deep thick rug the color of spilled wine. The far end of the room was dominated by a large work of art surrounded by candles. The sight of that particular portrait, froze him in his tracks.

It was a woman sitting on the grass with her arms wrapped around her legs, hiding her naked form and giving her an air of undeniable innocence. Behind her a full moon rode high in the sky while her golden hair spilled around her shoulders like sunshine in defiance of the encroaching night. On her back were a large pair of wings, broken and bloody with silver feathers forever frozen as they fell to the floor. He knew every line of this painting but as his eyes took in the woman’s tear streaked face he saw it clearly for the first time.

“I know it looks like me but I wasn‘t the girl who posed for it.” Buffy explained, noticing how entranced he seemed to be by the portrait. “I met the artist at the showing and she gave it to me but she wouldn‘t tell me the story behind it. She said someday a dark soul would tell me the story of my creation and that our love would either damn me for all eternity or restore my wings.”

Gently he laid her down on the rug settling himself behind her so that her head was cradled in his lap. He brushed his hand down her face, the face exactly like the crying angel in the picture. “Once upon a time, an angel was expelled from heaven and brought into a world she was never meant to exist in. The forces of evil had began to lay claim on this world and the Powers that Be knew she was the only one who was strong enough to protect the innocent. She was their gift to the world, a Champion given at a time when there were very few willing to fight. But there is a balance that must be met and by sending her into this world, it shifted the scales. The First evil demanded the order be restored. Having no choice they allowed a curse to be laid upon the Chosen One.”

“What was the curse?” Buffy asked, softly.

“The woman who painted this, listens to voices that only she can hear and sees things in her mind of things yet to come because she lives in the world between worlds. But not even she knows how the story ends, the whispers would not tell her.”

“How do you know all this?”

“The artist, Drusilla is my sister.” He bent down to lay a soft kiss on her forehead. “She showed me this painting and told me that you and I had loved each other throughout time, only to lose each other again with each new life and death. But our souls are joined, calling us to each other and the only way to be truly whole is to be together. She said you were my destiny and that even though my soul was taken so long ago, it was never lost because to you it will always return.”

Buffy wanted to pretend nothing he said made any sense but she couldn’t, not after what she had felt outside. But believing something and admitting it were entirely different matters, she decided. It was one thing to believe that her soul mate was a vampire and another to believe that she was some mystical Chosen One destined to fight the forces of evil. She was the one who controlled her destiny and she was going to keep right on making her own way.

Right now she was choosing to be with Spike for the foreseeable future atleast…not because of some story she assured herself but because she wanted him. He was attractive, witty and sexy as hell so who wouldn’t want to try him on for size for a while.

He could practically see the wheels turning in her head and he knew she wasn’t ready to believe. Hell he hadn’t believed it when Dru had told it to him nearly twenty five years ago when she had painted it…wait a second he thought, mentally putting together a timeline. “How old are you by the way pet?”

“Isn’t it a little late to be asking if I’m legal?” She teased getting up and turning to face him deliberately putting her back to the painting. “Fear not lover, I’ll be twenty six next March.”

Chuckling to himself, he smiled at her, needing no more assurance that she was in fact his. It would take her a while to wrap her stubborn mind around it but it wasn’t like he was getting any older. “Good to know pet but you wanna break a few laws anyway?”

“What did you have in mind?” She asked.

“Lay back luv, just put yourself in my hands.”

She did as he asked and he just took a few moments to enjoy the sight of her, cream against the deep red of the rug that wrapped around her curves like melting wax. He slid down his pants, so that they were both naked. He wanted her to see just how strongly she affected him before he showed her just how strong his control really was. Tracing his hands up her thighs, barely brushing her skin he slid his way up her body. Lowering his head, he took his first taste of her.

As his tongue stroked along her skin, she writhed beneath him arching her hips to give him better access. Like cat liking the last traces of cream from a bowl, he forced himself to go slow. He wanted her to beg, even if it meant driving himself insane with need. Using the rough underside of his tongue, he circled around her clit never touching it.

He looked down her body and up at her face, willing her with his eyes to ask for what she wanted. He watched her roll her nipple between her forefinger and thumb, pleasing herself but he knew it wouldn’t be enough to get her off. For that she needed him and all she had to do was say the words.

He trailed his tongue down her slit, gathering up the sweet drops slipping down her flesh like dew on the petals of a rosebud. Like a bee gathering nectar he hummed, low and deep in his throat.

“So close….uhh...fuuucck.” She cried out writhing beneath him. “Please…more…uhnn.”

Doing as she asked, he flicked the end of his tongue across her clit, before drawing the nub inside his mouth. Suckling her gently, he thought he had never tasted anything as sweet as the sticky juices of her passion. He slid his fingers inside her, motioning for her to come…and she did as if on command. He felt her muscles clench around him, sucking him in and pushing him away at the same time. “Your such a tight little thing.”

“Another…benefit of super powers..” She gasped out, riding the last waves of her climax.

That made him blink. “You mean….”

“Yep…you could fuck me senseless and tomorrow night or the night after it’s like I’m being touched for the very first time. It‘s just like pulling a muscle and given enough time in between I heal.”

Perpetually chaste, that was a new one even for him and if he hadn’t loved her before this, that alone would have been enough to push him over the edge. It made sense when he thought about it, losing her virginity was just another injury and he had already seen first hand how quickly she healed. But all that mattered to him was that no matter how many men she had in her past, tonight her body believed he was her first and only. That suited him just fine, but he didn‘t like the idea of her being able to forget him. He had planned on another bout of rough and tumble but he now had something else in mind.

He moved up her body, to nuzzle her breasts. He could hear her heart echoing beneath his ear and he could feel it resonating inside his own chest as if it was beating for them both. Overcome with tenderness, he slid into her gently, drawing a silky soft moan of pleasure from her lips. Like an intricate ballet, they dipped and swayed against one another with a delicate grace of yielding muscles while the symphony of their soft cries and moans played in the background.

Their first time had been wild, nearly an inhuman need to mate, to feel, this was about discovering one another. With every feather light caress he learned not only where she liked to be touched but also helped her to uncover a few more secret places on her body. He could feel her trying to hold back, lose herself behind the walls around her heart but she couldn’t. This wasn’t about sex, the battering heat and need, sex could be a meaningless act between strangers. This was about reverent passion, something that would matter when the night faded.

He had no idea how long they had been lost in each other but when they cried out their release only moments apart, he could see in her eyes that all the walls she had built over the years had come tumbling down. She was naked and exposed beneath him in every way. Nothing was keeping them apart but their skin.

He was just as exposed but while he found it liberating he could see it scared her down to her bones. His angel, had been hurt before and now he could finally see the scars marring her heart clearly. When the first tear trembled down from her lashes, he knew he was the first person to make love to her that way. Gathering the tear with his thumb, he looked into her eyes. Earlier he had offered her his body, now he would offer his heart. “I love you…”