Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Review. I don't know if I will continue this fic after the first chapter. Tell me what you think.
Disclaimer: You know the routine. Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own all characters except one.

A/N: Please Review. I don't know if I will continue this fic after the first chapter. Tell me what you think.

Buffy Summers looked around the old hardware store. It was located on the main street in the middle of the town, but hadn’t been occupied for twenty years. The building was nothing but one long room with a storage room off to the side. The front half of the store had long shelves on either side of the room that were waist high. From the top of the shelves up to about two feet from the ceiling were small 1ft x 6in shelves, with glass doors on each, built into the walls. Along the ceiling were bars that held tall ladders, so you were able to access all shelves. She knew it would be perfect.

“I’ll take it.” she said with a smile knowing that her dream was finally coming true.

“That’s great. I’m glad we finally sold this place. It’s a very hard sale. There is also a two bedroom apartment upstairs that I forgot to mention.” the agent said looking around the place.

“I think I’ll still take it, but I would like to look at the apartment too.”

“No problem.” he said leading the way up the stairs. He opened the door. “It’s not the best I’m sure but it’s part of the building, so....”

“It’s perfect. I’ll still take it.” she said.

They walked back downstairs and walked out the door, stopping to let him lock it, before walking to his car. After making their way back to his office, she signed all of the appropriate paperwork.

“So Miss Summers, what exactly do you plan to do with the building?” he asked curious as to what the young woman might be bringing to their town.

“I’m opening a coffehouse and bar.” she said confidently.

“How are you going to do that?” he said not believing in her idea.

“You’ll see.” she said with a nod.

“Well the best of luck with that. I hope everything goes well for you. Thank you for taking that building off of our hands.” he said shaking her hand.

“And thank you for allowing me to. Have a nice day.” she said then turned and left his office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mom!! Are you home?” Buffy yelled.

“In the kitchen sweetie.” Joyce answered back.

“Mom. I did it. I bought that old hardware store downtown. I’m going to finally own my own bar.” Buffy said practically glowing.

“That’s great news.” Joyce said giving her daughter a hug. “So have you thought about a name for this special dream of yours?”

“Well I thought about coffee and then I though about people getting off of work and came up with the perfect name” Buffy said trying to explain her decision.

“And..?” Joyce said encouragingly. Buffy looked at her mom for a moment before answering.

“The Grind.”