A/N: I just started back to school so it will take me longer to update. I love all the reviews that everyone have been writing. Please continue.

After that night, Buffy and Spike had been spending time together but hadn’t really had a true date. It was the next week when Spike approached her. The staff was starting to rearrange the Grind.

“Hey, luv.” Spike said walking toward Buffy, who was next to the bar.

Her face lit up when she heard him. “Hey!”

He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “You look great too.” he whispered into her ear before pulling back.

Buffy blushed and looked down. “Thanks.” she said softly.

“Look” Spike started.“I know that we have things, to do right now, but I thought we could talk about that date.”


She looked up at him with a worried look on her face. ‘Oh, God. He doesn’t want to go out anymore.’ she thought.

“I thought we could do it tonight after the bar closes, since it’s an early night.”

“But, I don’t think that anything’ll be open to go eat at.” she said.

“That’s okay. I thought that we could go to the all-night grocery store. Buy some food, then we could either come back here or we could go to my place. How’s that sound, pet?” he said desperate to have an official date with her.

“Um, okay, wait here just a minute.” Buffy said running away from Spike. She ran and found Anya talking to Xander.

“Anya are you going to be home tonight?” she asked hurriedly.

“Yeah, why?” she asked.

“Um, I was going to have Spike over for dinner, but we can go to his place.” she said with a disappointed smile.

“Well, I could stay with Willow or something. I don’t want to ruin your date with Spike.” Anya said glad that her friend was finally thinking about something other than the bar.

“You could stay with me.” Xander said. After his initial crush on Buffy had quickly evolved into a friendship, he had started liking Anya.

“We could go on a date too.” Anya said excitedly.

“Sounds good.”

“Okay then. Looks like you have the apartment all to yourselves tonight.” Anya said to Buffy.

“Oh, thank you.” Buffy said giving Anya and Xander a hug. She then ran back over to Spike who hadn’t moved an inch.

“We can come back here.” she said with a big smile.

“Well then, looks like that’s all settled. Me, you, dinner tonight at your place.” he said.

“Great, now, let’s get to work.” she said pushing him toward the dance floor to help the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a Thursday night the bar was pretty busy. Buffy was having a good time tonight. Her business was becoming very popular and she was looking forward to her night with Spike.

“What can I get for you ma’am?” she asked a lady sitting at the bar.

“Gin and Tonic please.” she said politely.

Buffy turned around to start making the lady’s drink, when she felt a hand in the middle of her back.

“Hey, luv. How you doing tonight?” Spike said from behind her.

“I feel absolutely great.” she said with a smile.

“You look great too.” he whispered into her ear. She turned around and gave him a smile that made him weak in the knees.

“Thanks.” she said softly.

“So whacha makin’? I’ll take over for you. There’s some really weird bloke down at the end of the bar asking for you.” he said.

“What makes you think he’s weird?” she asked.

“Well, he ordered a Soul Taker with a Corona chaser.” he said.

Buffy froze when he mentioned the drink. She had only ever heard one person order that drink. “No, it can’t be. I can’t handle this now.” she whispered, oblivious that Spike had heard her.

“Pet? Who is it?” he asked concerned.

“No one, just finish the drink.”she said walking away. She walked to the end of the bar with dread.
There was a man sitting there looking around the bar and checking out the girls on the dance floor.

“What the hell are you doing here?” she said trying to reign in her anger.

“Buffy!! Nice place you have here.” he said turning around to face her. “Wow, lookin’ good babe.” he said looking her up and down.

“Angel, cut the shit and tell me what the hell you’re doing here.” she said.

“I heard about the bar up in LA. Thought I’d come on down and see it.” he said smirking at her.


“Well great!” she said with fake enthusiasm. “You came, you saw, now get the fuck out.” she said glaring at him.

“Am I distracting you, babe?”

“No, BABE, you’re not. You’re just annoying the hell out of me.” she paused trying to think about what would scare him away. “I still have that proof in my apartment, and I will use it. Now I’ll say it again, get the fuck out of my bar.” she said.

“You bitch. You wouldn’t do that to me, you’re too nice.” he said grinning.

“RILEY!!” she yelled across the bar. He immediately head toward the bar.

“Whacha need?” he asked.

“Through this asshole out of the bar and make sure he never gets back in.” she said.

“No problem. Come with me.” he said grabbing Angel’s arm.

“Get your hands off of me. I’ll leave on my own.”he said walking toward the door.

As soon as he was out the door, her confident posture fell into one of exhaustion. Spike was standing behind her.

“Are you okay, luv?” he asked gently.

“Yeah, I’ll go upstairs and rest.” she said turning to look at him. She saw the look of disappointment go across his face. She reached her hand up to touch his cheek. “I’ll come down a little before the bar closes and we can go to the store after that.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” he said softly.

“Later.” she said before turning around and making her way toward her apartment.

A/N: Please tell me what you think.