A/N: I want everyone to enjoy this story, so tell me what you like and don't like.


When Buffy woke up she felt oddly refreshed like a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She suddenly noticed that she was no longer in the living room. She had been so comfortable laying there in Spike’s arms. It would’ve been the perfect night if she hadn’t had to explain her past. Buffy rolled over and grabbed a robe that was sitting on the chair next to her bed. She stood up and put it on, even though Spike was had already seen what she was wearing. As soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by the smell of bacon. She walked quietly through the apartment and into the kitchen. He stood there barefoot, wearing only a pair of jeans and a wife beater.

“Smells good.” she said in a voice deepened from just waking up.

“I thought you could use something good to eat this morning.” he said walking away from the stove and toward her. He gave her a brief kiss on her forehead, then another on her cheek. He pulled back and looked into her eyes. For the first time since he met her, she looked well rested. He slowly bent his head and captured her lips. It was sweet and slow. She pulled back first with a big smile. Suddenly she covered her mouth in shock.

“What?” Spike asked concerned.

“You kissed me. I probably have morning breath.” she said.

“I thought you tasted great.” he said with a smirk. “Look, I’ll finish breakfast. You go do your morning routine, okay?”

Buffy nodded and walked away. Spike stood there watching her for a moment before going back to the stove and finishing breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike sat at the table eating chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. They sat in a comfortable silence until Spike finally spoke.

“Um, Buffy. I was wondering if you would like to go to LA with me. I thought about going on Monday. You could let Anya take over for you on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I mean if you want...” Spike rambled.

“Spike!” she interrupted his rant. “I think that’s a great idea. Then we could go to a bar that we don’t work at.”

“Really. That’s’ great. I’ll make the reservations tomorrow.” he said with a big smile.

“Great. Speaking of next week what are you going to wear for Halloween? It’s on Friday, so we’ll be open later that night. It’ll probably be busy too. I’d say dress for tips.” she said.

“I almost forgot. I usually don’t dress up for Halloween, but since I’ll be working I guess I’ll have to. What are you going to dress as?” he asked.

“It’s a secret.” she said with a grin.

“Really. Is it something sexy?” he asked with smirk, curling his tongue behind his teeth.

Buffy fought hard not to blush and instead decided to be confident. “Maybe. You’ll find out on Friday.”

“Can’t wait, luv.” he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday came around and Buffy was nervous. She and Spike hadn’t even been on a real date and yet she was going to LA with him. Anya had been happy to hear that Buffy and Spike had hit it off so well. When Buffy asked if she would take over for her on Monday and Tuesday, she had pouted until she realized that that would give her and Xander the apartment.

Buffy heard a knock at the door around noon and ran to get it. Spike stood there leaning against the doorframe when she opened it.

“Hello, luv. You look beautiful this morning.” he said walking through the door. As soon as Buffy closed the door Spike gently pushed her back against the door. He gave her a big smile before kissing her. It was the most passionate kiss that the couple had shared. Buffy moaned when Spike’s tongue entered her mouth, encouraging him. She wound her hands through his soft curls. Spike pulled back allowing them to catch their breath. “I’m excited about our trip.” he said, causing her to laugh.

“I can tell.” she said pushing him backward so she could get past him. She walked into the kitchen and fixed them something to drink. “Here ya are.” she said handing him a coke. She sat down on the couch next to him. “So, I’m almost packed I just wanted to know if I should bring anything special.” she said.

“Well, I called my dad and told him we were going up there. He wants us to have dinner with him. So I would have to say bring a nice dress. And, of course, some party clothes.” he said, grinning at her.

“You’re father wants to meet me?” Buffy asked shyly.

“Yeah. You don’t need to be nervous. He’s a good guy. And he’ll love you.” he said.

“I’m still nervous. I’ll go pack the rest of my things.” she said, standing and going into her room. Buffy went to her closet and looked for an appropriate dress. She chose a light green halter dress with a matching jacket. She put it in her suitcase and zipped it up. She was about to pick it up when Spike knocked on the open door.

“Need any help with that, pet?” he asked.

“Sure.” she said stepping aside and letting him pick up her bag. He carried her bag to the car and put in the trunk along with his duffel bag.

“You want to go inside and say goodbye to everyone?” he asked. She nodded and started to walk toward the entrance. He ran up and followed her inside. Inside Tara, Willow and Xander were all sitting at a table.

“Hey, guys. We’re about to leave. We just wanted to say bye before we left.” Buffy said. She gave them all hugs.

“I hope you and Spike have a good time.” Willow said suggestively into Buffy’s ear. Buffy pulled away from Willow, her face beet red. Spike noticed, and gave Willow a curious look. He took his turn giving everyone a hug. “Show her a good time.” Willow said. Spike pulled back with a wide-eyed look on his face. He simply nodded then grinned finding the humor that their friend was trying to get their relationship moving.

“See you on Wednesday.” Buffy said walking out the door. She turned to Spike. “I guess we’re ready to go.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my God. This place is beautiful. I always wanted to stay here.” Buffy said. Spike had gotten them a room at the Four Seasons. Spike was behind her with their bags. Buffy walked across the room to the french doors that led out to the balcony. When Buffy turned around, the sight that greeted Spike’s eyes made him speechless. The sunlight shone through the glass, silhouetting her body and lighting her golden locks.

Buffy turned back around to look at the view. There room over looked the gardens of the hotel. Spike put the bags on the king-sized bed and walked toward her. He stopped right behind her and put his arms around her waist. She leaned back against him and sighed contentedly. They stood there in complete, comfortable silence.

“When do meet your father for dinner?” Buffy asked quietly.

“I told him we would meet him at his house at 5. I figured we could get to know each other there, so dinner would be comfortable.” he said removing his arms from her waist. He walked over to the chair sitting next to the bed. “So, what do you want to do ‘til then?” he asked.

“Shopping!” she said with a smile, while Spike groaned. “What? I want to get something new while I’m here. Come on, Spike.” she said grabbing his hand and her purse and pulling her out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Spike it wasn’t that bad.” Buffy said strolling through the door with bags.

“Luv, I could swear that you tried on every pair of shoes in every store we went into. You can spot a pair of shoes you want from 50 feet away.” he said.

“Whatever. I need to get ready. Take a shower and all that jazz. You want to take a shower first or me?” she asked.

“We could take one together.” he said huskily. She looked down at the ground and started to blush. He noticed her embarrassment and quickly answered her question. “You go first, luv.” he said. She simply nodded and went into the bathroom. The door suddenly opened and she came running back out getting bags that had items she would need and went back into bathroom without saying a word.

Fifteen minutes later he heard the shower turn off. Buffy exited a few minutes later in a robe. “You’re turn. I should be ready to go when you get done.” she said with a smile. He gave a relieved glad that she had gotten over her embarrassment of his earlier statement.

“Thanks, pet.” he said grabbing his clothes and walking into the bathroom.

Buffy went over to her suitcase and pulled out the dress that she had packed. This was one of her favorite dresses. She then went over to a bag and pulled out one of the bra and panty sets that she had bought earlier that day. Then were the same light green as her dress. Finally she had all of her clothes laid out, she did her hair and makeup, keeping them both very simple. Buffy then slipped into the lace undergarments and dress.

“You look gorgeous, luv.” Spike said from the bathroom door. She turned and saw Spike standing there dressed to empress. He wore a pair of black dress pant and a blue shirt dark enough to bring out his eyes.

“You too.” she said stunned. She decided to make a bold move and walked over to him and pulled his head down to hers. Spike was shocked by her boldness, but it only made him want her more, but he pulled back first knowing that they would have to leave soon.

“Pet, get your shoes on and we’ll go.” he said. ‘Even though I’d rather stay here.’ he thought.

After Buffy put her new white heels on, she grabbed her purse and went to stand in front of Spike.

“I’m ready to make an impression. Let’s meet the parent.” she said with a smile.


A/N: Please Review. I love reviews, good or bad. Tell me what you think.