A/N: Please review the story. I thrive off of them. Please give suggestions if you have any. I also have another story that I just started working on, THE FUNDRAISER. Please read it and review it as well

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The trip to the hotel was silent. Buffy and Spike kept thinking about what had just happened.

‘I told her I loved her. I actually said the words. And she said it back. She trusted me enough to tell me she loved me back. What happens now? We said it but we barely know each other. We’ve been on one date really. Are we moving too fast?’ Spike thought. He turned and looked at her. She was staring out the window looking deep in thought as well. He turned his eyes back to the road.

‘I said that I loved him. It just came out. I didn’t even think about it.’ Buffy thought. She turned to look at him. ‘I don’t even know him that well. I should’ve waited. I know that I have feelings for him, but this is moving way too fast. I’ll talk to him when we get back to the hotel room.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike opened the door to the hotel room and allowed Buffy to enter before him. Spike threw off his coat and took off his shoes, while Buffy did the same thing. They stood on opposite sides of the room looking down at the floor.

“So..” Buffy started.

“I think we need to talk.” Spike said knowing that somebody was going to have to get the ball rolling.

“I think that’s the best idea right now.” Buffy said sitting the big chair next to the bed. Spike walked over to her and sat on the bed so he was close to her, but still far enough away. “Spike, about what happened in the car, I...” she started but found the words were not wanting to come out.

Spike tried to make this easier on her. “What I said in the car, I meant it. I really do love you. I just think that we should get to know each other more, before we take things any further.”

“I was thinking the same thing. We’ve only had one date and I’ve already met your parents and step-parents. We definitely need to slow things down.” Buffy said looking into his blue eyes. “Thank God we got that cleared up. Now one more thing. Who get the bathroom first?” she said with a smile.

“Ladies first, of course, pet.” he said standing up. She got up and started to go to the bathroom but he stopped her. “Just because I said we need to take this slower doesn’t mean that I don’t still want to keep some things.” he said turning her around. He bent his head and gently pressed his lips against hers.

Buffy pulled back and smiled. “I think I’ll have to agree with you there.” she said leaning up and giving him a quick peck before getting her things and running into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Spike and Buffy got changed and were ready to go to bed, they stood on one side of the room staring at the bed. There newfound feelings for each other had changed the way they felt about the sleeping arangement.

“I didn’t even think about it when I booked the room, pet.” Spike said shyly.

“It’s okay. I mean it’s not the first time we’ve slept together.” Her eyes widened at the way the statement came out. “I mean fallen asleep together.”

“Right. So you’ll be okay? I’ll sleep on the chair if me and you in the same bed makes you nervous.” he said.

“No, it’s okay, really. Let’s just get some shut eye, ‘kay.” she said walking over to the side of the bed and drawing back the covers. Spike mimicked her motions. Both slid into the bed and lay perfectly still.

Buffy decided to loosen up and rolled over to face Spike. Spike instinctually wrapped his arm around her. “You said that you used to be a geek in high school and read a lot of poetry right?” she said.

“Yeah. Little mama’s boy, I was. Why?” he asked.

“Who was your favorite poet?” she asked.

“I don’t think I had just one. I loved Shakespeare, of course. Think that might have a little do with my father.” he said. She looked at him curiously. “He’s a big fan. Named me after him and I had a half sister named Cordelia. He named her after a character in King Lear.” he said.

“Wait! You have a sister? How come you haven’t mentioned her before?” she asked.

“No, I had a sister. She died 3 years ago when she was 14 of leukemia. I miss her. She was really sweet for a kid sister.”

“Wow. I’m so sorry.” Buffy said.

“So you still want to know my favorite poet?” he asked trying to change the subject. She nodded against his chest. “Robert Browning. Would you like to hear some?” Again she nodded against his chest.

“The gray sea and the long black land;
And the yellow half-moon large and low;
And the startled little waves that leap
In fiery ringlets from their sleep,
As I gain the cove with pushing prow,
And quench its speed i' the slushy sand.

Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach;
Three fields to cross till a farm appears;
A tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch
And blue spurt of a lighted match,
And a voice less loud, through its joys and fears,
Than the two hearts beating each to each!”

When he finished reciting the poem he had memorized so long ago, he focused on Buffy. “That’s beautiful. You have the perfect voice for reciting poetry.” she whispered against his chest.

“You sound tired. Get some rest.” he said. He kissed her on the top of her head and started to remove his arm.

“No, stay. I’m comfortable.” she said. He nodded and made no other attempts to move. They fell into a deep sleep, knowing they would never feel this comfortable with another person.

A/N: Review please. I read every review I get and take all of them into consideration. Tell me if you like it or not.