Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry about not updating in a while. Please review and tell me what you think. Stick with me. There will be Spuffiness soon.
Buffy woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. ‘I don’t think I’ve slept that good since...well, ever.’ Buffy thought staring out through the french doors, to the beautiful view. Buffy looked down at the hand that wound around her waist and rested on her stomach, and rested her hand on top. She moved her fingers across the top of Spike’s hand, tracing the invisible patterns along the soft skin. ‘He has such great hands. No wonder he can work wonders with a bottle. Bet they could work wonders on me.... woah, slow down Buffy. Moving slow remember.’ she thought.

“That really tickles, pet.” Spike said into her ear.

“Sorry. I was just admiring your hands.” she said with a giggle.

“Really. What do you like about my hands?” he asked huskily, sliding his hand underneath her tank to rub the soft skin he found there.

“They’re soft and, um...” she trailed off as his hand started to descend.

“And?” he said smiling against her ear.

“Spike, I thought we were going to take things slower.” she whimpered.

Spike immediately stopped his hand, and slowly brought it back to her bare stomach. “You’re right, luv.” he said rolling her so he could look into her eyes. “I’m sorry. It just felt so good, waking up with you.” he said leaning down and giving her a slow kiss. His tongue gently glided along her bottom lip. She granted him access without hesitation, allowing him to deepen the kiss. Spike pulled back and brought his hand up to her cheek. “You are breathtaking, luv.” Buffy face turned red at the compliment. Spike smiled and continued. “Want to get up and get a quick breakfast, pet?”

“That sounds great. Oh! I have to meet your stepmom for lunch remember.” she said rolling out from underneath Spike.

“That’s okay. We can get something small. I really need some coffee right now.” he said sitting up against the headboard.

“I have to agree with ya there.” She grabbed some clothes and ran into the bathroom. When she finally came out from the bathroom, Spike was sitting on the bed. “So, are we still going out tonight?” she asked.

“Of course, pet. You need to let loose. Where do you want to go?” Spike asked grabbing some clothes.

Buffy thought about it for a minute. “Why don’t you surprise me?”

“You sure?” he asked. Buffy nodded enthusiastically. “All right, pet. It’ll be a surprise.” he said as he walked into bathroom.

A few minutes later he came out of the bathroom. “Ready to go, pet?” he asked.

“Yeah.” she said getting out of the chair. “Are you still going to see your dad today?”

“As soon as I drop you off at Viv’s gallery.” he said allowing her to walk out the door before him and closing the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy, I’m so glad you’re here. What do you think of my gallery?” Vivian said holding her arms out to give Buffy a hug.

“Hi, Viv. Can I call you that?” Buffy asked. Vivian nodded. “Your gallery is beautiful. You have some great work here. It reminds me a lot of my moms gallery. Do you get any big artist or is it just locals?” Buffy asked looking a great painting of the beach at sunset.

“I do a little bit of both. But enough about art, right now. Let’s go get some lunch. Then we can gossip.” Vivian said grabbing her purse and keys. They headed out the door and Vivian locked the gallery door behind her. “There’s a little eatery we can go to down the road. Then we can go shopping. How does that sound?” Buffy nodded and followed Vivian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, how long have you and Spike been together?” Viv asked after they had ordered.

“Well, actually. Last night was only the second time we’ve been out on a date. It feels weird that I’ve already met all of his family.” she said.

“It may be strange to you, honey, but I married Ethan a few weeks after we met. We fell in love quickly and it hasn’t changed since. I see the same thing in you and Spike.” Vivian said taking Buffy’s hand in hers. “You can’t stop what’s meant to be.”

“Spike and I decided to take things slower.” Buffy said softly.

“It’s understandable, but do you really want to?” Vivian said trying to get Buffy to open up.

“Spike makes me feel beautiful. I trust him like I’ve never trusted anyone else. And I told him I love him already.” she said to herself not really thinking about Vivian at that moment. Buffy felt Vivian squeeze her hand. “I know he’s the one I’m meant to be with. I...” Buffy trailed off not knowing if she should be talking to Vivian about this.

Vivian gave her a small nod and a smile. “I understand completely. I went through the same thing, only I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it. You, on the other hand, have me.” Vivian said. Buffy through her arms around Vivian and gave her a huge hug.

“Thank you so much. Now I know why Spike is so sweet. He got it from all of his parents loving him so much. You remind me of my mom.” Buffy said.

“Well, hopefully someday you’ll be part of my family.” Vivian said.

‘I‘d love that.’ Buffy thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, da. Whatcha up to?” Spike said walking into Ethan’s office.

“Handling some of the issues with Angel. I had lunch delivered up here. I thought that would be best.” Ethan said.

“That’s probably the best. So... what do you think about Buffy?” Spike said suddenly.

“She’s a great girl. You two looked so happy together. How do you feel about her?” Ethan said standing up and walking around to a couch and coffee table on the other end of the office.

“I love her. But I don’t think she feels the same. She said she did last night, but now I’m thinking it was a heat of the moment deal.” Spike said flopping down on the couch next to his father.

“You truly love her right?” Ethan asked Spike. Spike nodded his head slowly. “Then give her time. You told me about her relationship with Angel. I’m sure she is still insecure from that ordeal. Let her make the next move. Vivian and I went through the same thing, and look at us now. Believe me. From what I saw last night, Buffy was telling the truth.”

“Thanks da. You know exactly what say.” Spike said.

“I know. Aren’t I the best?” Ethan said with a smile.

Spike laughed at his father. “So what exactly was Angel up to?” Spike asked.

“Well, he was taking bribes from some clients to overlook certain facts. We also got him to admit to cheating on the BAR exam.” Ethan said.

“That guy’s pretty stupid isn’t he.” Spike said shaking his head.

“I thought he was smart. That’s why I hired him. Apparently I was wrong.” Ethan said.

“Don’t worry. He fooled Buffy and everyone else it seems. He’ll get what’s coming to ‘im.” Spike said opening one of the cartons that was sitting on the table.

“Spike, do you think that you’ll marry Buffy?” Ethan said out of nowhere. Spike looked at his father for a minute. “God knows I want to. But like you said, I’ll have to give her time.” Spike said taking a bite out of his food.

“Well, she’s having lunch with Vivian, today. I bet you that Vivian will get Buffy to open up about everything.” Ethan said remembering the conversation between himself and Vivian about trying to get the kids together soon.

Spike nodded. ‘I’d love that’ he thought.


A/N: Please review. They make me happy, even if they're bad.