Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is probably not my best chapter, but I need it. Please review and tell me what you think
“SPIKE!!!”

Spike ran around the tables being chased by a frantic redhead. Willow stopped chasing him for a minute while she removed the chunks of ice that were shoved down the back of her costume. Tara got up and helped her remove the ones that had started to melt down her back.

‘If looks could kill.’ Spike thought, when Willow shot him a nasty look.

“Willow, baby, why don’t you go outside and get some fresh air. See what Buffy’s up to.” Tara said trying to calm Willow down, while fixing the back of her costume. Willow nodded slightly and gave Tara kiss on the cheek before walking into the kitchen.

“She’ll be okay right? I mean, I wouldn’t have done it if I’d known she’d get that mad.” Spike said slumping down into the closest chair.

“Don’t worry. She’ll be good. She’s just a little uncomfortable in her outfit, with it being so hot in here. Just give her a little bit.”

“Thanks, pet. Don’t want anyone pissed off after such a good night.” Spike said gratefully. “So, how...”

“SPIKE!!!” Willow yelled.

“Damn, I thought you said she’d be okay.” said shooting out of his seat. Tara gave him a shrug.

“SPIKE!!! Get out here, NOW!!!” she yelled at the top of her lungs.

Everyone could hear the panic in her voice and took off running into the alley. Seconds later they all skidded to a halt in the doorway. Xander, Tara, and Anya stood there shocked at the scene before them while Spike ran to where Willow was kneeling.

“I don’t know what happened. I came out here and found her like this.” Willow said trying to hold back her tears. “Her pulse is really slow and..” Willow trailed off losing control. Tara stepped up behind her, pulled her into her arms and slowly backed away, giving Spike room to do what he needed to.

“Harris, can you drive my car?” said in a calm voice.

“Um, yeah, of course, man.” Xander whispered.

“I’ll carry Buffy out to the car and sit with her in the backseat. Xander you drive. Tara and Willow, follow us in your car. Anya...”

“I’ll stay here and make the necessary calls. I think it’ll be best if we just close up tomorrow.” Anya explained as Spike picked Buffy up. He realized as soon as he lifted her up, that she was bleeding.

“Anya, can you run upstairs and grab a couple of towels?” Spike asked. Anya nodded and was gone in a flash.

The group quickly made their way out to the parking lot. Xander and Tara helped Spike anyway they could while Willow sat in the passengers seat of the second car. Anya ran out to them and handed the towels to Spike. When Spike and Buffy were comfortable in the backseat, Xander jumped into the driver’s seat.

“I’ll be there as soon as I get everything done here. I’ll call Buffy’s mom as soon as I get inside.” Anya said before Xander pulled out of the parking lot with Tara and Willow following them.

“Come on baby, stay with me.” Spike whispered as he cradled Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“SPIKE!!!”

Spike was seriously getting tired of having people yell his name at him. Spike looked toward the doors and saw Joyce running towards him. Everyone had gone home with a promise from Spike to call them and tell them about the situation.

“Oh God, Spike. What happened?” she asked frantically.

“Not sure yet. She was unconscious when we found her. The doctor is still with her.” Spike said giving her a hug to calm them both.


“I wish we didn’t always have to see each other in this hospital.” she said pulling away from Spike so they could sit down. “How long has she been in there?”

“Not real sure. Seems like an eternity.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ms. Summers. Mr. Hart. Would you follow me?” a nurse said from the double doors that led into a white hallway. Spike and Joyce followed the petite nurse down the labyrinth of hallways. Finally she stopped and opened a door that led into a private room. Joyce immediately ran to Buffy’s side while Spike hovered by the wall. “The doctor will be right in.” the nurse said before leaving and closing the door behind her.

“Spike, come over here. You should be here as much as I should.” Joyce said nodding her head toward an empty seat in the room.

Spike walked slowly toward the chair and pulled it up close to the bed. Spike took her hand in his and allowed the tears to finally fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce and Spike sat in the room listening to the heart monitor that kept them on edge, not knowing if Buffy’s condition would change any second. Every once in a while, Spike would lift Buffy’s hand to his lips and kiss it gently. Joyce would smile a little every time he did this.

“You really love her don’t you?” Joyce said, breaking the silence.

“More than anything. I didn’t think I could fall in love so quickly, but she came along and stole my heart.” Spike said.

“She loves you too. I know she does.” Joyce said getting up and giving Spike a comforting hug. Joyce and Spike both jumped when they heard the door open and close.

“Ms. Summers. Mr. Hart.” the doctor said nodding a hello to them. “Thank you for waiting. I had another emergency come in. We have stabilized her but she has slipped into a coma. When she came in she had an extremely fast heartbeat that we gave her some medication for. She also had an injury to her head that we stitched up the wound. She has a concussion and that’s the cause of the coma. Now, since this is the second time this has happened I would like to put her on a long term medication, when she wakes.” He looked down at Buffy’s chart before looking at them again. “There was swelling in her ankle so it was x-rayed. It seems as though she has a sprain. We wrapped it up to keep it from being moved around.” He looked down once again. “That seems to be all. Do you have any questions?”

“No, doctor. Thank you for everything. I just want Buffy to wake up so we ask her what happened.” Joyce said shaking the doctors hand. Spike shook his hand as well.

“You may stay in here tonight. However, I suggest you get you both go down to the cafeteria and get something to eat.” the doctor said before opening the door and leaving.

“I’ll go get us something...” Spike said.

“No. You stay. You worked all night, you must be exhausted. I have the feeling that you won’t be leaving anytime soon. I’ll go get us some food.” Joyce said and left.

“You’ve got a great mother. She reminds me a lot of my mum.” Spike said, sitting down and taking her hand again. “What happened, luv? Come on, baby, wake up and tell me.” he said squeezing her hand. Spike once again felt tears form in his eyes and didn’t try to stop them. Joyce came into the room and handed Spike a sandwich and a soda. “Thanks, Joyce. Um...I’m going to go make some calls. I’ll be back in a bit.” he said when he finished his sandwich.

“Go ahead, honey. Take all the time you need.” she said.

Spike left the room and pulled a cell phone out of his pocket along with a pack of cigarettes as he walked outside. Spike dialed Anya and Xander first, then Tara and Willow. Spike smoked a few cigarettes before calling his mom. He put his phone back up and started to walk back into the hospital, but stopped suddenly. He pulled his phone out and made one more phone call.

“Hey, it’s Spike. I was wondering if you would do something for me.”

/////////////////////////////

"Hello, mum.” Spike said when his mother walked through the doors of the hospital later in the afternoon the next day. “Thanks for coming.”

Jenny instantly gave him a comforting hug. “Any news?”

“No. She still in a coma. I can’t bring myself to leave her side.” he said.

“Well, I brought you clothes like you asked me to. Have you gotten any sleep?” she said following him into Buffy’s room.

“Yeah. I slept in the chair earlier. I told Joyce to go home and get some sleep, so she can come back later more refreshed and focused.” Spike said sitting down in the same chair he had slept in.
Spike looked at Buffy. “I really hate hospitals. I’ve spent too much time in different hospitals. First Cordelia, now Buffy. I don’t want to lose someone else I love.”

“William, you won’t lose her. She’ll come out of this, and she’ll know that you were here, by her side, the whole time. Stay positive, no matter how hard it may get.” Jenny said.

Spike nodded. His mother always listened to his troubles and gave him support. “Mum, I was wondering if we could have Thanksgiving dinner at da’s house this year. I would like for Buffy and Joyce to be there as well.”

“Of course, honey. That’s a great idea. But we will be having Christmas at my house.” Jenny said giving Spike a gentle smile. “I should probably go now. I know they don’t like a lot of people in the room at one time and I assume that your friends will coming today?”

“Yeah. They said they would be by this afternoon. I hope they show soon.”

“Don’t worry honey. Now give me a hug, before I leave.” she said holding her arms out. Spike stepped into her arms. “I’ll see you later sweety.” she said giving him a kiss on the cheek and leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, man.” Xander said as he stepped into the room along with Anya, Tara, and Willow. “How ya doin’?”

“As good as can be expected, I guess.” Spike said giving everyone a hug. “I just want her to wake up. I want to know what happened and that everything’s okay.”

“That’s what we all want.” Tara said gently.

“We all bought flowers to brighten up the room.” Anya said sitting a floral arrangement down on one of the tables in the room.

“Thank you, Anya. I actually wanted to talk to you. I have asked some friends to come down from LA and take Buffy’s spot behind the bar temporarily. I’ve known her for a while and she bartends every once in a while. Here’s her information.”

Anya took the piece of paper and looked at it before looking back at Spike. “Her name’s Winifred Burkle? She sounds like a nerd to me. I don’t think she will bring people in.”

“Don’t worry. She’s a cutie and her nickname is Fred. She’s really good and she agreed to come down her and do this for us. Please just call her. You’ll like her.” Spike reasoned.

“Okay, Spike. I’ll give her a call.”

“Have you called and talked to everyone to tell them what’s going on?” Spike asked.

“Yeah. Except Riley. I don’t know where he is. I called him on his cell phone and at home, but he didn’t answer either one. I left messages telling him to call me.”

“Good. I’m glad Buffy put you in charge.”

“No problem, I just want Buffy to get better.” Anya said with tears in her eyes. “She’s my best friend.”

“Hello everyone.” Joyce said seeing all of Buffy’s friends in the room. “I’m glad you’re here. Maybe you can get Spike to go get something to eat.”

“That’s a good idea. You need to get out of this room for a little while. I think we should all go out for lunch.” Willow said looking at Spike pleadingly.

“No need to pout. I’ll go with you. Joyce you have my cell phone number if anything happens.” Spike said. Joyce nodded. “Good.” Spike walked over to the bed and gave Buffy a kiss on the cheek and leaned over to her ear. “I love you.” he said out loud, then whispered so nobody could hear.

“Don’t leave me.”

“Never.”
__________________________________________________

A/N: What's going to happen next?? Review and tell me what you think.