Author's Chapter Notes:
I serioiusly don't know where this story is going but I do know when it will end. Just bare with me, please. Please keep telling me what you like and don't like.
“That asshole. I can’t believe he would do something like this.” Xander said. After Buffy had said who had done this to her, Spike couldn’t take it anymore and walked out of the room. He ran into the rest of the group on his way outside. They wanted to know everything. Spike hesitantly told them about what happened to Buffy. When he got to the part about who did it, Spike spit the name out in disgust. Xander continued to rant. “Buffy gave him a job. He was just bitter that she wouldn’t date him.”

“He never gave us any clue that he would ever do something like this. That’s why Anya couldn’t get a hold of him. No telling where he’s gone.” Willow said.

“Look, the cop’s probably finishing up with her. Why don’t you lot go on in and talk to her. I’m gonna go have a smoke. I’ll be back in in a minute.” Spike said. He walked toward the hospital doors when they all agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group walked into the room quietly listening to Buffy conversation with the police officer.

“Thank you Miss Summers. It would really help if you could give us as much of his information as possible as soon as possible.” the officer said putting away his notepad.

“Anya is the manager at my bar.” said to the officer, then addressed Anya. “Anya, do you think you could get all of Riley’s information to the police?”

“Of course, It would be my pleasure. Anything to help you catch the bastard.” Anya said.

“Thank you. Here’s my card. Just find me whenever you can get it all together.” the officer said before nodding to everyone and leaving the room.

Everyone was quiet for a moment before Buffy finally broke the silence. “I’m so glad you guys are here. I saw all of the flowers that you brought me. They are all so beautiful. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“Oh, Buffy, like we said before, we were so worried about you. We’re just so happy your okay. I was so scared when I found you. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like that before.” Willow said on the verge of tears.

“Oh God, Willow. I’m so glad you found me in time.” Buffy said holding her arms open to give Willow a hug.

“We all are.” Xander said, as he took Willow’s spot in Buffy’s embrace. “Thank goodness for Spike. He took control after Willow called us outside.”

“Is he okay? I haven’t talked to him since I woke up. Where’d he go?” Buffy asked looking around at the others.

“He went outside to have a smoke...” Tara started.

“But he finished and decided to come back to the room.” Spike said, leaning against the door with a small smile. “How are you feeling, luv?” he asked walking to stand next to Joyce at Buffy’s bedside.

“Better. You know, with being awake and all. Ankle hurts a lot. Guess I won’t be walking around any time soon.” Buffy said.

“Hey, Buffy. I think we’ll be going now. Let you have some time alone.” Willow said patting her hand and smiling at Joyce and Spike. “Good idea. Bye guys.” Tara said as she followed her girlfriend out the door.

“Well, I guess we should probably go to. I have to get thing ready to open tomorrow so we can keep making money.” Anya said taking Xander’s hand and leading toward the door.

“Where she goes I must follow. We’ll see ya tomorrow.” Xander said before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Joyce looked at Buffy and Spike feeling that she was invading their privacy. “Um.. I’m going to go get some coffee. Would you kids like anything?” she asked.

“I could use some ice water.” Buffy said.

“Could you get me some coffee too?” Spike said shyly.

“Of course, I’ll be back in a minute or two.” Joyce said with a smile.

Silence filled the room after Joyce left. Spike didn’t say anything for the fear of breaking down. Buffy didn’t know what Spike was thinking and was afraid to find out.

“Spike?” Buffy said breaking the silence.

“Yeah, luv.”

“Thank you.” she said suddenly looking into his eyes.

“For what?” he asked.

“For everything. For taking control, when you needed to the most. For being here for me when I woke up. I kinda feel like Snow White and your my Prince Charming. I woke up as soon as you kissed me. I heard you say that you love me and to not leave you. I remembered what you said to me when I said that before. I’ll never leave you and I love you, too.” she said with tears in her eyes.

“Oh God, Buffy.” Spike cried while peppering her face with kisses. “I was so scared that I was going to lose you. I...”

“Spike don’t cry, baby, please. Come here.” she said moving over on the bed. “Hold me.” she said patting the empty space she made. Spike simply nodded and climbed into the bed gathering Buffy into his arms. Both were breathing hard trying to control reign in their tears. “I have some things that I want to discuss with you and mom. About my treatments. I don’t know which I should choose. Surgery scares me but I don’t want to forget my meds one day and have another episode.”

“I’ll support whatever you do, pet. I just want to prevent this from happening in the future.” he reasoned. “I think we should wait and discuss it with your mum. See what she has to say about it.”

“Me too.” she said snuggling into his side more.

“I talked to Anya about hiring a friend of mine as a temporary bartender to replace you if that’s okay.” Spike said.

“That’s probably a really good idea. Where are they from?” Buffy said sitting up a little.

“LA. Her name’s Fred. She’s driving down tomorrow. She’s really sweet and she’s a pretty good bartender.” Spike explained.

“Thanks Spike. I would really like to meet her, but I think we should let Anya interview her. I also need to get another bouncer.” she said quietly.

“Okay, kids. I’ve got hot coffee and ice water. I have some sandwiches for us too.” Joyce said after walking in and setting her things down on the table.

“Thanks mom. But I think we should really talk about my treatment while we eat.” Buffy said sitting up straight while Spike moved off the bed to give her some room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello everyone. Came by to see how you are.” the doctor said picking up Buffy’s chart and writing down some notes.

“Doing good. My ankle still hurts but other than that I feel okay.” Buffy said.

“Good. Now have you thought about what we talked about earlier?” the doctor asked.

“Um, yeah. I talked it over with Spike and my mom. I have a few more questions.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello, may I speak to Fred Burkle?” Anya asked.

“Speaking. How may I help you?” came a sweet voice from the other end of the line.

“This is Anya Jenkins from the bar that a friend of yours works at, Spike. He told me that you were willing to fill in temporarily for one of our bartenders.”

“Yeah, I was planning on driving down tomorrow. I’ve never been to Sunnydale. I wanted to have a look around.”she said excitedly.

“Well, we could meet sometime tomorrow. How about noon?” Anya suggested.

“That would be great. So, do I just meet you at the club?” She asked.

“Didn’t Spike tell you anything about ‘The Grind’?” Anya asked.

“Not really. He seemed like he was in a hurry. He just asked me if I was willing to interview for the job.” Fred explained.

“Oh okay. Well, ‘The Grind’ is a coffeehouse during the day and becomes a bar at night.” Anya said.

“That’s so cool. So why exactly do you need me?”

“Well Buffy, the owner, is also a bartender here. She got attacked by the bouncer the other night. She’s in the hospital right now. We don’t know how long she’ll be out, so Spike recommended you for the job.”

“Oh, my goodness. Is she okay? Does that happen a lot?” Fred asked worriedly.

“God no. I’ve never heard of it happening here before. Any yes she’s just fine. I guess our bouncer turned out to be a psycho. I have to hire another pretty soon. So...I need to go. If you any more questions, I can answer them tomorrow, okay.” she said.

“Great. I’ll see you tomorrow at noon.” Fred said before hanging up.

“Well at least she’s happy.” Anya said to herself hanging the phone up gently. “Now for the fun part.” she said grabbing a card out of her jeans. She picked up a stack of papers and headed out the door. Pulling out her cell phone she dialed the numbers on the card. “Hello officer. This is Anya Jenkins. I have all the information you’ll need on one Riley Finn.”
__________________________________________________

A/N: Please review me. I also have a question. Wesley (season 5, AtS) or Charles Gunn?