Author's Chapter Notes:
My computer is still being fixed. So it will continue to take me longer to update. Please be patient and continue to review.
'Pike? Who the hell is Pike? Why is she looking at him like that? Wait!!! Why is she throwing herself at him like that?' Spike thought as he watched Buffy's reaction to the man Spike hadn't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

"Do you mind?" Buffy asked breaking Spike out of his internal rambling. Spike looked at her confused not realizing she had been talking to him. "Do you mind if I go dance with Pike? This is kinda our song."

Spike forced a smile. "Go ahead. I'll go get us some other drinks." he said, trying to be the non-jealous boyfriend. 'They have a song. We don't have a song. Pike, that's not a name, it's a fish.' he thought as he walked to the bar to get them more drinks, making sure his was slightly stronger this time. While Spike stood at the bar waiting for the bartender to make the drinks, he listened to the words of 'their' song.

Opened my eyes
The fire had come
Not for the end of days
Not for the faithless ones
Not for vision understood
Burns because it has to burn
Change'll happen whether we
Are still or moving

Breathe in waves of doubt
Bitter in your mouth
You will exhale cinnamon clouds

When it is quiet and still
I can feel older here
Change what I can and pray
The hope will not disappear
When we are not denying anything
Nothing is an enemy
Delicately balancing
The perfect world

Ride these waves of doubt
Bitter in your mouth
You will exhale cinnamon clouds
Little heaven

Riding waves of doubt
Turns me inside out
I will exhale primal shout
Little heaven

I understand
The fire will come
Not for the strength of will
Or passion of anyone
I understand
The fire will come
Not for the end of days
Not for the faithless ones

"Oh, bloody hell." he said out loud as he grabbed the drinks that were sitting in front of him. He stalked back over to the table and plopped down in the chair. As soon as another song started to play Buffy and the mysterious Pike came back to the table. Buffy sat in the chair next to Spike and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for getting me the water, baby." she said, taking a big drink of the water he had gotten for her.

"Name's Spike." Spike said putting his hand out to shake the other man's.

"Pike." he said shaking Spike's hand. "Sorry 'bout stealing away Buffy for a dance, man, but I couldn't resist. That song holds a lot of memories." Pike said smiling at Buffy.

"So what have you been up to. I haven't seen you since graduation. I seriously thought you would've left LA by now. You always complained about it." Buffy said steering the conversation in a different direction.

"I guess I grew up. I have a lotta opportunities here. Plus, my girlfriend lives here. Kinda have to stay now." Pike answered.

"Well, where is she? I'd like to meet her." Buffy said waiting for him to point her out.

"She actually just came through the door and is headed this way." he said smiling at someone behind Buffy.

"Pike, babe, sorry I'm late." the woman said before kissing Pike. "So, are you going to introduce me?"

"Oh, yeah, this is Buffy and her boyfriend, Spike. Spike, Buffy, this is my girlfriend, Faith." Pike said as Faith shook hands with the other couple. "Me and Buffy went to high school together."

"Cool, ready to go party?" Faith asked Pike. "Mind if I steal him away now?" she asked the other couple.

"Of course not. Don't be a stanger. I have a bar in Sunnydale, you guys should come by sometime." Buffy said, pulling out a flyer for her club from her club.

"Thanks, we'll definitely come by. It was really good seeing ya, Buff." Pike said giving Buffy a hug. "Nice to meet ya, man." he said nodding at Spike.

"See ya, B. Spike." Faith said as she pulled Pike away from the table.

"You wanna dance?" Buffy asked. Spike simply nodded and stood pulling her to him. "I can't believe I saw him here, after so long." Buffy said excitedly.

"Who is he, pet? To you, I mean." Spike said pulling away a little to look at her.

"Weren't you listening? We went to high school together." she said looking slightly puzzled.

"That's not all though. You don't jump into someone's arms that you just went to high school with. And you don't have a song with someone you go to school with." he said pulling away completely.

"Spike, what is the matter with you? You're acting way weird over this." Buffy said sitting down.

"Nevermind. I'm going outside to have a smoke. I'll be back in a minute." he said, turning to walk away.

"NO!!! You know what. I think it's best if we just leave right now." Buffy said, grabbing her purse and walking past Spike. Spike let her walk on her own all the way to the car. He got into and started the car, without saying a word. The trip back to the house was a silent one.

*************************

Spike and Buffy made their way through the house as quietly as possible, so they wouldn't wake the others. Spike unlocked the door to the smaller house and allowed Buffy to enter the room first. As soon as Spike shut the door, Buffy broke the silence.

"What the hell is your problem?" Buffy said throwing her purse on the table.

"I don't have a problem, pet. Oh, wait, yeah I do. I have a problem with seeing my girlfriend jumping into the arms of another man." Spike responded.

“Oh, please. Your jealous over a guy that I haven’t seen in 8 years…” Buffy started.

“No, I’m jealous because I don’t know what he is to you and you won’t tell me. You say you went to high school together and I believe that. I also believe that there’s more to you two that just that.” Spike said sitting down on the bed waiting for an explanation.

Buffy took a deep breath before starting. “He was my best friend during my first two years of high school. He was my boyfriend the last two. The song we danced to was the first song we ever danced to together. The guy I thought was going to take me decided to dump me on my answering machine. I got upset and stood by these big cardboard cutouts of jungles scenes that were part of the décor.” Buffy moved to sit on the bed next to Spike. “He came in late and I didn’t notice. That’s how it all began. We broke up a little after graduation because we didn’t know where our futures were leading us.” She finished.

“Did you love him?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah, I loved him. But I don’t think I was in love with him. He was just a high school boyfriend.” she said, touching his arm gently. ‘I should’ve told him sooner. He looks so hurt.’ she thought as she sat there looking at him. “Look Spike, I love you and nothing is going to change that. I think right now we should go to bed.” she said, getting up to get ready for bed. Spike simply nodded and began to do the same. They both got ready in silence and rather quickly. Spike got into the bed first, laying on the far side of the bed. Buffy slipped under the cover while Spike continued to stare at the ceiling. They both lay there in awkward silence, until Spike finally broke down and pulled Buffy to him. She immediately snuggled closer to him.

As they fell asleep both decided to speak, neither knowing they wanted to say the same thing.

“I’m sorry.”




A/N: The song used in this chapter is "Little Heaven" by Toad the Wet Sprocket. It's the same one that Pike and Buffy danced to in the movie. Hopefully my chapters will start getting better soon. Please review and tell me what you think.