Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about not updating quickly...had major writer's block.
A/N: This chapter is for Marstersgirl13, thanks for the review. Thanks everyone for the reviews. I thrive on them.
_________________________________________________________

The day after Christmas Spike moved his all stuff into ‘their’ apartment. Luckily, since Spike wasn’t much of a packrat, the only things he really brought into the apartment was a television and his clothes, everything else was being held in storage. In a strange turn of events, the apartment was soon going to be down one tenant, since Xander had asked Anya to move in with him. They had agreed that she’d stay there until after the New Years Party. Buffy wasn’t sure what she’d do with the extra room, but thought about making it into an office.

The day of the party, Buffy sat at the bar making last minute decorating decisions. Like always, everyone had agreed to help decorate the bar, mostly with streamers and confetti.

“I wanna hang a disco ball up. Just for tonight though. You think I could do that?” Buffy asked.

“I’m sure it could be arranged, pet.” Spike said giving her a kiss on her forehead.

“Goody. So are your parents coming tonight?” Buffy asked finally taking her mind off the details.

“Nah, they have their own parties to attend. Viv and Da, have a New Year’s Party every year for their clients and buyers. Giles and Mum go to the faculty one they have on the campus. What ‘bout Joyce? She gonna come?”

“Yeah, she said she didn’t want to stay alone on New Years, so why not come to her daughter’s bar and have some fun. God knows, she needs it.” Buffy laughed. She looked around the bar. “It’s gonna be packed tonight. I really should have a meeting with everyone before we open.” Buffy looked down at her watch then through the bar, that still serving coffee customers. “Listen up everyone. The coffeehouse closes in 5 minutes.” she announced loudly.

“Ms. Summers, we need to run some music through the sound system, you know, a sound check.” said the man who was setting up the dj station for the night.

“Can you wait just a couple more minutes, so I can clear out the place.” she asked kindly. The man nodded and went back to working on the system. After the couple of minutes she had asked for, Buffy cleared her throat loudly. “Ladies and Gentlemen, the coffeehouse is now closed. Thank you all for coming in today, and please come to the New Years Party we’re throwing tonight. It’s gonna be great.” she called. When the last customer had finally left, Buffy locked the door, pulled the curtains, and turned to the staff.

“Okay, let’s do this.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy.”

“Hey mom. Didn’t know when you were gonna show?” Buffy said hugging her mom.

“Thought I’d get here before the big crowd arrived. Find a seat and just stay there.” Joyce laughed.

“Ms. Summers, the system is working great now. I’ll be staying in the bar tonight to make sure nothing goes wrong. The DJ should be here in a couple of minutes.” the man that was setting up interrupted.

“That’s great. Oh!!! Ted, this is Joyce, my mom. Mom this is Ted.” Buffy said introducing them as they shook hands.

“It’s nice to meet you. Buffy, I’m gonna go find a table to sit at.” Joyce said handing Buffy her purse to put behind the bar.

“I think I’ll do the same.” Ted said.

“Well, let me go ahead and get you something to drink.” Buffy said. Joyce and Ted nodded and gave her their favorites. Buffy gave them both a smile and a nod. “I’ll bring them to ya, just go have a seat where you like.” she said as she turned to start their drinks. Buffy finished the drinks quickly and walked across the room to hand the two their drinks, taking note that they had taken seats on opposite sides of the room. “Here ya go mom. Drink up and have a good time tonight. You deserve it.” Buffy said, giving Joyce her drink and a kiss on the cheek before walking over to Ted. “Hey Ted, thanks for setting up the sound system tonight. Just holler if you want anything else.” Ted just nodded before taking a swig of his drink.

Buffy walked over to where everyone had congregated around the bar. “Okay everybody, I know this is the first time I’ve done this, but I want everyone to pick a partner. You’re to keep an eye on each other. We have Wes and Gunn, and they do a great job...” everyone started to clap at this, causing the two men to duck there heads slightly embarrassed. “...but tonight is going to be unlike anything we’ve dealt with since we opened. I want to make sure everyone stays safe, but please have fun tonight. ‘kay everyone ready?” she asked looking around at everyone. When everyone had chosen their ‘partner’, they all nodded. “Alright, time to open the doors.” she said excitedly as everyone took their places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m comin’ up so you better get this party started...” Buffy sang as she quickly popped the top off a beer. She was running on pure adrenaline. As soon as she opened the door people piled into the bar and she had yet to take a break.

“Pet, I need to go up and get a bottle. Can you please make a 7&7 for Red’s order?” Spike asked.

“Um, yeah...can you grab some Champagne while you’re up there?” she asked as he started to climb the ladder. Buffy made the drink and sat it on the bar for Willow to pick up. Spike climbed down the ladder with a bag full of bottles. He instantly poured two glasses of wine and opened a beer and sat them next to the 7&7 Buffy had made.

“Goodness can you believe how busy we are tonight? And all the people are happy. I haven’t talked to one depressed person tonight.” Willow said as she put the drinks on her tray.

“I know what you mean. Wills, it’s almost time to count down.” Buffy said helping Spike pop the corks on the many bottles of Champagne. “We need to start handing out the glasses of Champagne to anybody who wants one.” Willow nodded and walked to deliver her drinks. “Spike, can you and Xander handle the Champagne?”

“Yeah, pet. Where you going?”

“I need to go talk to the dj.” she said as she finished pouring her bottle.

Spike motioned for Xander to start to help him, while keeping an eye on Buffy. By the time Buffy came back, the two men had poured almost all the bottles of Champagne. “What was that about, luv.”

“I just....” she started but was interrupted by the dj.

“Okay, everybody. It’s almost that time. So everyone find your special someone or, if you didn’t come with anyone, find a stranger and get to know them a little. Waitresses are going to be coming around with glasses of Champagne and noise makers. Grab some, and get ready to ring in a new year.”

“...just went to tell him to make an announcement.” she said helping the other two put glasses of Champagne on the bar for the waitresses to pick up. It didn’t take long for everyone in the bar to get their glasses and noise makers. She looked at the small clock she had set behind the counter and then looked over at the dj and gave him a nod.

“Okay, it time. 10...” he started and everyone joined in. “9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!” everyone yelled while the dj put on Auld Ange Sine.

Spike grabbed Buffy around the waist and pulled her to him tightly. “Happy New Year, pet.” he said before kissing her soundly.

“Happy New Year, Spike.”

“Um, luv, isn’t that your mum?” Spike said looking somewhere above her head.

Buffy spun around to see her mother kissing non other than Ted, the sound man. “Oh!!! Well... I did tell her to have fun tonight.”

“That she is, pet.” he said before spinning her back around and resuming to kiss her. All the sudden they heard cheering coming from all around. They both looked up to see what was going on. In the middle of the room, a man was down on one knee in front of a shocked looking woman. The woman suddenly started to cry and gave the man a nod.

“Looks like it’ll truly be a happy new year for them.” she said leaning back into his embrace.

“And a lot of others, pet.” he said nodding towards her mother. “And us.” he said giving her a kiss on her temple.
________________________________________________________

A/N: Please review...like it...hate it. tell me. I love them all.