Author's Chapter Notes:
I'd like to thank everyone that has read and reviewed this story. This is the last chapter. However, there will be a epilogue. Please review and tell me if it's an appropriate ending. Thanx
The day after the New Years Eve party, Buffy gave everyone the day off so they could recover from their busy night. It also gave Anya and Buffy the chance to pack Anya’s things so she could move into Xander’s apartment.

“God, Anya, I could swear that you didn’t have this much stuff when you moved in here.” Buffy said looking at the many labeled boxes stacked by the front door.

“Oh, I didn’t. Some of this stuff is Xander from when he would spend the night with me.” Anya said picking up a blue flannel shirt. “You know, I’m gonna miss living here. I know I didn’t live here for very long, but we had fun together.” Buffy nodded, while Anya continued. “But hey, look on the bright side, now you can be as loud as you want to when your having sex with Spike.”

Buffy laughed. “Leave it you to have your bright side be about sex. But yeah, your right. We did have fun. You’ll have to come over every once in a while so we can have a girls night in. Talk about our men.”

“Hey now, luv. I’d rather you not talk about me. Especially when it comes to our sex life.” Spike said, coming out of the bedroom they shared, after taking a shower. Spike and Xander had agreed to carry all the boxes to and from the car, if the girls packed them.

“Please, like I could ever say anything bad when it comes to you and me.” Buffy said raising up to kiss him gently.

“Hey guys. Hey Ahn.” Xander said as he walked into the apartment unannounced and kissed Anya the same way Spike kissed Buffy. “So, you done packing? I really want to get these boxes to the car and to our apartment. God that sounds so strange. Our apartment. The Harris - Jenkins household. It’s gonna take a while to get used to.” Xander said shaking his head and bending down to pick up one of the boxes. Spike followed suit and picked up a box as well, before they both walked out the door. Soon all the boxes were out of the apartment leaving only Buffy and Anya.

“Well, I guess this is it. You are officially my ex-roommate.” Buffy said with a sad smile. The two women hugged each other quickly, before Buffy spoke again. “Want something to drink before you go?”

“Sure, I could use a beer right now.” Anya said slumping down into the couch.

“Me too.” Both men said as they walked through the door, slightly sweating from the lifting. Buffy nodded and went into the kitchen to get the beer, when the phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?....Oh, hey!!...Um, yeah, hold on just a minute.” Buffy said. “Spike, Phone!!” Buffy yelled to the other room. Spike came into the kitchen as Buffy was going into the living room with the beers, giving him some privacy. Spike came into the living room a few minutes later.

“So, what did she have to say?” Buffy asked, feeling like being nosey.

“Who? Who was on the phone?” Anya looked confused.

“It was Fred. So what did she tell you?” Buffy asked again.

“Seems she decided she wanted to let us in on her little surprise. Wesley and Fred are getting married. They’re in Las Vegas right now at a little chapel, about to become husband and wife.” Spike said in slight shock.

“WHAT!?! When did they decide to do this?” Buffy asked, not angry, but completely shocked.

“Apparently they decided after seeing that couple get engaged last night.” Spike said plopping down next to Buffy on the couch.

They all sat there for a couple of minutes before Buffy spoke again. “Did she say what time the ceremony was?”

“Um, yeah. She said in an hour. We won’t have time to make it there, luv.” Spike said.

“Oh, well. I’ll just call her back then. I’ll be a few minutes.” Buffy said hopping off the couch and going to the nearest phone. She dialed Fred’s cell phone hoping she hadn’t turned it off. After a couple of rings, Fred finally picked up. “Hey Fred!!!” she said excitedly.

“Hey Buffy. Sorry I didn’t talk more earlier. I know it must me a shock.” Fred said shyly.

“It is. I wish we all could have known so we could be there, but I’m very happy for you. I just called to congratulate you. I also wanted to tell you that I’m giving you and Wesley a week off so you can have an appropriate honeymoon.” Buffy said with a happy smile.

“Oh my goodness, Buffy. You’re the greatest. I don’t think I can thank you enough.” Fred cried.

“Oh honey, it’s nothing. I just want you and Wesley to be happy. Just make sure someone videos the wedding so we can all see it when you get back.”

“Of course.” was all Fred said.

“I’m gonna let you go. Would you like to speak to Anya or Xander? They’re both here.” Soon everyone had given Fred and Wesley their best wishes and hung up.

“Well, I guess it’s time for us to be leaving too now.” Anya said standing at the door.

“Okay, well don’t forget about that girl’s night in.” Buffy said with a smile.

“Oh I won’t.” Anya said giving Buffy another hug before pulling away. “Come on Xander. Let’s go have sex in our apartment.” Anya said dragging him out the door.

Spike walked over to Buffy slowly. “Come on Buffy, let’s make love in our apartment.” Spike said throwing Buffy over his shoulder and carrying her into the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Buffy was having dinner with her mother at the local diner. “I still can’t believe that Fred and Wesley were so spontaneous. They always seemed to be the type that would plan something like that, ya know.” Buffy said.

“Well you’ve told me before that you could tell there was something between them from the beginning. As long as they’re happy, I think it great.” Joyce said.

“Speaking of happy, I saw you at the midnight smooching with Ted. So what’s the deal between you two?”

“Oh, Buffy. He came over and started to talk to me because he said I looked lonely. When midnight came, it just seemed natural to kiss him. He’s so sweet. He’s called me earlier today and asked me on a date. We talked for a couple of hours. We’re having dinner tomorrow night. Just talking to him on the phone makes me happy.” Joyce said with a big smile.

“I’m happy for you mom. That’s all I’ve ever wanted for you. But, back to Fred and Wesley. I thought about throwing a belated wedding shower for them in a couple of weeks, maybe the Monday after they come back. I don’t know if I should surprise them or not.”

“That’s a great idea. You should tell them you want to throw them a party, that way Fred can have a say. Maybe the week after you were planning to have it, so you’ll have enough time.” Joyce said happy to help her daughter out. Then she frowned. “Buffy? What about your birthday? What are you gonna do for your birthday?”

“Nothing. I don’t want anyone making a big deal about my birthday. Spike knows when it is and that’s the only person that I want to know. We know how bad my birthdays always turn out. Me and Spike will spend the day together for my birthday, then that night we can have the wedding shower.” Buffy explained.

Bad issues always came up on Buffy’s birthday. She found out her father was leaving on her birthday, her parent’s divorce became final the same day, the next year. Her grandmother became ill on her birthday. Joyce completely understood. “Okay, Buffy.” was all Joyce could say.

“Thanks mom. So, what do you usually have at a wedding shower?” Buffy asked, changing the subject. The rest of dinner Joyce filled Buffy in on all the things that went on at the wedding showers she’d been to. When they were done with dinner Joyce gave her daughter a hug before heading to her car. Once in her car, Joyce dug her phone out of her purse.

“Spike, honey? I have to speak quickly. I have an idea.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later....

It was the day of the party, which also happened to be Buffy’s birthday. Spike had made Buffy breakfast in bed, to start off what she hoped would be a good birthday for once. Spike had pampered Buffy the entire day while Buffy filled him in on the final details of the wedding shower.

“So we decided to rent a big screen TV and hook up the dvd player to it, so we could all watch the wedding video. It was Willow and Tara’s idea to do it. I hope everyone shows up. Mom’s supposed to showing up with Ted and...oh, that feel’s good.” Buffy moaned.

Spike continued to work the muscles of her back and neck, moving slowly and gently. “Pet, quit worrying about it. Everyone will show. Da and Viv are driving in today and staying with mum and Giles. Said they wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Great, I’ll just relax and concentrate on your hands. Mmm...you really know what you’re doing.” Buffy sighed.

“Is there anything else you need? Today, I’m at your service.”

Buffy rolled over and sat up. “I need you.” Buffy said before pulling him down on top of her and kissing him senseless. “You’ve made this my best birthday ever.” she whispered as she pulled off his shirt and started working pulling down his track pants. Spike started laugh, when she made frustrated sounds causing him to help her out. Soon they were both naked, simply touching, whispering sweet nothings in each other’s ears. They made love the rest of the afternoon. “Spike, we should get dressed and go downstairs. The people should be here soon.”

“I’ll take a quick shower and go downstairs, get everything set up. I’ll take care of everything. You just take your time and stay relaxed, ‘kay luv?” he said giving her a kiss and rolling out bed.

“Spike!! Thank you.” she said sweetly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Red. Thanks for bringing the TV. Is it all set up?” Spike asked Willow as soon as he walked downstairs.

“Yeah, Xander hooked up the dvd player and Ted set up the sound system. Does she know anything’s going on?”

“Nah, she seemed relaxed and happy when I left. Hopefully she’ll stay that way. Hey Fred. Did ya bring the video?” Spike asked walking over to where Fred sat with Wesley.

“Yeah. I looks great. I’m really excited. We went and got the cakes too. I think this is a great idea. She’ll be really surprised.”

“Spike, I’m happy you invited us.” Viv said as she gave her stepson a hug.

“Of course we invited you. You all mean a lot to Buffy, plus this is Fred and Wesley’s wedding shower. Let’s just hope she’s surprised.” Spike said. Spike made his way through the bar talking to everyone making sure they all knew what was going on.

Suddenly everyone got very quiet when they heard the sound of high heels coming down the stairs. As soon as Buffy rounded the corner, everyone shouted out ‘Happy Birthday”. Joyce chose that moment to snap a picture of Buffy’s surprised expression.

“What’s going on? I thought...” Buffy started but didn’t know how to end that sentence.

“Joyce and Spike were planning something special for your birthday. We overheard them talking one day, so we all pitched in. You’ve done so much for all of us. We just wanted to do something special for you too.” Willow said.

Buffy looked around at everyone, with tears in her eyes. “Thank you all, so much.” she said before starting to give everyone hugs.

“Okay, everyone. Wesley and I have something to show everyone. I know we said we were going to show the wedding video, but everyone came together to make this video.” Fred said walking over to the TV. Soon the TV was filled with images of young Buffy, obviously from her mother, and other pictures of her and co-workers. Each person had made a small confessional about a special time or just thoughts about Buffy. When the film finally ended everyone clapped as Willow and Tara lit the candles on Buffy’s birthday cake that sat next to Fred and Wesley’s belated wedding cake.

Spike led Buffy over to the bar to blow out her candles. “Go ahead, luv. Make a wish.” he whispered. Buffy smiled and closed her eyes for a second before blowing out the candles.

“Great let’s have some cake. Oh and don’t forget about the finger food we bought too.” Anya said placing food on her plate.

The party along great. Everyone watched Fred and Wesley’s wedding video and dancing to songs that Ted’s dj was playing.

When everyone was at their seats talking, Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and led her to the dance floor. “Remember that whole thing with Pike and you two having a song, pet?” Buffy nodded. “Well, I thought we should have a song too.” he said as the slow song began to play.

I've been searching a long time
For someone exactly like you
I've been traveling all around the world
Waiting for you to come through.
Someone like you makes itAll worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied.
Someone exactly like you.

I've been travellin' a hard road
Lookin' for someone exactly like you
I've been carryin' my heavy load
Waiting for the light to come
Shining through.
Someone like you makes it all worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied.
Someone exactly like you.

I've been doin' some soul searching
To find out where you're at
I've been up and down the highway
In all kinds of foreign lands
Someone like you...

I've been all around the world
Marching to the beat of a different drum.
But just lately I have realized
The best is yet to come.
Someone like you makes it all worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied
Someone exactly like you.


Buffy was in a slight daze when Spike pulled away from her. “Buffy, pet...” she watched as he kneeled on one knee before her. “I love you with everything that I am. We have been through a lot and made it through only stronger. You’re the one I want by my side for the rest of my life. Buffy, will you marry me?” he asked holding, with a shakey hand, an open ring box in front of her. Buffy nodded unable to speak due to shock. She snapped back to reality when everyone started to cheer and ran toward her to congratulate her. Once again she hugged everyone, then walked over to Spike.

“Spike, I need something from upstairs. I’m gonna run up and get it.” she said, running off before he could respond. As soon as she stepped through the door, she began to sob, collapsing on the sofa.

“Buffy? God, luv, what’s wrong?” Spike asked running over to the couch to comfort her.

“I’m scared, Spike. Isn’t a little early to be getting married? We’ve only been together for 3 months.” she said.

“I’ve been planning to ask you to marry me since that night Riley attacked you. I called my father that night and told him I was going to ask you to marry me eventually. Our Thanksgiving vacation, my father gave me my grandmother’s ring to give to you. I asked for your mother’s blessing then as well. So, no, I don’t think it’s too soon.” Buffy had stopped crying to listen to his story. “Look, I’m not asking you to marry me tomorrow, I just want you to know that I’m going to be by your side no matter what.” Buffy launched herself into his arms, peppering his face with kiss, repeating ‘I love you’ over and over again.

“Come on, Future Mrs. William Hart. Let’s get back down to the party.” Spike said dragging a giggling Buffy out the door.




The song is "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison.