Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review even though the story is finally complete. I will continue to read my reviews. Thanx
Two Years Later....

“Our next guest on today’s show is the best selling author of the book ‘Life Behind Bars’ and the co-owner of the most popular in Los Angeles, The L.A. Grind. He and his wife have been voted the best male and female bartenders in California, too. Everyone give it up for Mister William Hart.” the host of a daytime talk show announced.

Spike walked out onto the brightly lit stage, walking with his usual swagger. He looked out at the audience and waved like he’d seen other celebrities do, as he made his way to the sofa next to the host’s desk.

“Welcome to the show William.” the host, Lorne, said.

“Thanks for having me. And please call me Spike.” Spike said as he shook Lorne’s hand.

“Well, Spike, your book has become number one on the Best Seller’s list and critics are giving great reviews, but I have to say you don’t look like the type that would write a book, no offense.” Lorne said.

“None at all, that’s most people’s opinion.” Spike laughed. “I’ve always had a passion for writing and the idea for this book came from things that happened to me in my life. Turns out a lot of people could relate to it.” Spike explained.

“What about your bar, The Grind? It’s the most popular bar in L.A. Do you still work there or are you currently working on another project?” Lorne asked.

“Well, first off, The L.A. Grind is only partially mine. Our friends, Xander and Anya Harris, run and co-own the L.A. Grind , while I still work in the original. My wife, Buffy, still owns the original bar in Sunnydale, where we live with our 3 month old daughter, Cordy” Spike said with a smile.

“Well, your one lucky man Spike. I had the chance to read your book and I have to say that some of the stuff that’s in your book almost sounds like a romance novel. I mean, is it true that you and your wife Buffy, started out hating each other?” Lorne laughed.

“Yeah, it is. Her mother hired me as a bartender before I ever met Buffy. Best thing that ever happened to me. A lot’s happened between us, but it only brought us closer. She’s the love of my life.” Spike answered. Everyone in the audience ‘awwwed’ at that. “Do you mind if I congratulate some people?” he whispered. When Lorne shook his head and gave him the go ahead, he continued. “I’d like to congratulate my friends, Charles Gunn and his girlfriend, Kendra Reynolds, for getting into law school. Everyone at The Grind is very proud of you two.”

“That’s very sweet. And on that note I’d like to persuade everyone to read Spike’s book ‘Life Behind Bars: One Bartender’s Tale’. I’d also recommend making a stop off at either one of the bar’s, The Grind and The L.A. Grind. It was great having you here today Spike. Stay tuned for musical guests, Dingoes Ate My Baby.” Lorne said as the show went to commercial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh, baby, that was great. You even congratulated Gunn and Kendra.” Buffy said as she watched the show snuggled up in Spike’s arms. “Wasn’t it, sweetie? Didn’t daddy do a good job on Lorne’s show?” she asked the little girl she held in her arms. The baby cooed and giggled a little in response.

“Thanks, luv. The only time I’ve been more nervous than I was up there was when you were having Cordy. Just felt a little out of place.”

“Well, it’s a good thing you did it. You realize how much more publicity this gives your book and the bars. Soon, we’ll be able to set up a college fund for Cordy here.” Buffy said rubbing the tiny babies head, lulling her to sleep. “I’m gonna go put her in her crib.” Buffy said standing gingerly so she wouldn’t wake Cordy and tiptoed into the nursery.

Spike looked around the room at the various picture that were all around the room: the Scoobies at the party 2 year ago; Buffy and Spike on their wedding day on the beach; the family surrounding a new born Cordelia Laine Hart in the arms of an exhausted looking Buffy; the newlyweds, Ted and Joyce; and finally everyone at the opening of The L.A. Grind.

“What ya thinkin’ about?” Buffy said leaning over the back of the couch and wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

“Just lookin’ at the pictures, luv. We’ve been through a lot, ya know. But everything’s had a happy ending. I even got to do the one thing I never thought I’d do. I, William Hart, wrote a book and got it published. I have a beautiful wife and daughter, giving me the family I never though I’d have. I am literally the luckiest man on Earth.” he said standing up and pulling her around the couch to hug her close.

“I guess that makes me the luckiest woman on earth. God, I love you so much.” she said kissing him gently, before walking over to the stereo and turning on the song that was always in the cd player. She walked back into Spike’s arms as they began to sway slightly.

“I love you, too. Now and always.” he whispered into her hair.

I've been all around the world
Marching to the beat of a different drum.
But just lately I have realized
The best is yet to come.
Someone like you makes it all worth while
Someone like you keeps me satisfied
Someone exactly like you.





A/N: I would like to thank everyone whose read this story, especially those who’ve reviewed me. I really appreciate all of the encouragement that was given and even the criticism. This is the first story I’ve finished and I grew really attached to it. For those who have read my other WIPs I will start working on those soon. Please give me time. Anyway, once again thanks to everyone for the love and support. ~Jillian~