A/N: Thank you for all the reviews. I never thought that this story would be liked that much. Please keep them coming. I also changed the name of the chapter b/c I had gone braindead and forgot that I posted another chapter by the same name earlier.

Monday morning...

She opened the doors, hoping that all of the advertising she did would pay off. People immediately started coming in and there had been a steady stream ever since. Buffy had gone upstairs to the apartment, which had also become her office, to do some paperwork when she heard the phone ring.

“Hello?” she answered.

“ `ello, pet.” Spike said. Buffy knew that distinctive voice anywhere, even though she had only heard it once.

“Mr. Hart, what can I do for you today?” Buffy said knowing that it got on his nerves.

“I was wondering if me and Xander could come by later to start his training.” Spike said shortly.

“Of course, come around an hour before closing. I’ve got books that you guys can use for basic stuff.” Buffy said.

“Okay, pet.” Spike said politely.

“Listen, Mr. Hart. I would appreciate it if you didn’t use pet names for me.”

“As long as call me Mr. Hart, I will call you whatever I like. See ya later.” he said and hung up before she could say another word.

Buffy slammed the phone down. ‘What did mom and Anya see in that man? I’ve only talked to him twice and we ended up arguing both times. This is going to be tough.’ Buffy thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike had gone to pick up Xander, thinking it would be easier, plus he wanted to know what he had gotten himself into. Xander was a cool guy and was good for a laugh, but he didn’t look forward to teaching him from the very beginning.

“Hey, while your inside getting everything set up, I’m going down to the convenience store and pick up some stuff. You want anything?” he asked getting out of the car.


“Yeah, could you pick me up some cigarettes?” he said giving Xander some money. Xander nodded and took off down the side walk.

Spike walked in the Grind, took off his sunglasses and looked around. They still have quite a few people even though it was later in the day. He continued to look around until something caught his eye. A girl was cleaning up behind the bar. Spike walked a little closer to get a better look at her. She was wearing a pair of low-ride jeans and a baby doll t-shirt that said ‘The Grind’ on it. Her hair was pulled up into a bun and was held up by chopsticks.

“Hey, luv. Do you know where I could find Buffy Summers?” he asked.

“Who wants to know?” she flirted knowing full well who was asking her. She would know that voice anywhere. She wanted to see if he would dig himself into a hole.

“Name’s Spike. I’m a bartender here.” Spike told her.

“Really? You any good?” She asked excitedly

“Back in London, I was the best bartender around.” he said.

“Cool. So you work here but you don’t know what the boss looks like?”

He shook his. “Her mom and Anya hired me, so I haven’t seen the chit yet. Although I’ve talked to her on the phone and I’ve gotta say, she kinda sounded like a tight ass.” he said with a smile.

“I think she’s kinda cool.” Buffy said.

“Yeah more like cold.” he scoffed. “You know how you get a picture in your head of someone?” Buffy nodded. “Well, let’s just say not that pretty.”

“Really.” Buffy said with a smile. ‘This guy just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper into that hole,’ Buffy thought.

He smiled at her. “So you never told me your name?”

“I know” she said with a smirk. Just then she saw Xander walk in and walk towards them. She knew her game was over now.

“Hey, Xander. How are you today?” Buffy said.

“Pretty good. I’m ready to learn.” he said rubbing his hands together.

“You two already know each other?”Spike asked.

Xander looked at Spike strangely. “Dude, this is Buffy. The owner of this place.”

Spike quickly turned to look at her. She raised her eyebrows and smirked. ‘The little chit is playing games with me.’ he thought.

“You did this on purpose.” Spike said in a low voice.

“Now, Mr. Hart, don’t be embarrassed. You were just telling me the way you really felt. I’ve gotta say, the feeling’s mutual. Although, I don’t think you’re a tight ass. I think smart ass might be a better word.” she said as she came out from behind the bar. “Xander, why don’t you get behind the bar and look around. You know get acquainted with everything. Spike, you come with me.” she said and walked away, knowing that Spike would follow. They walked up the stairs and into Buffy’s apartment/office.

“Have a seat.” she said gesturing to the couch. She sat down in a chair across from him. “Mr. Hart, it’s apparent that we don’t like each other very much. But I don’t think we know each other that well either. My mom said that you are a good bartender and I believe her, so I’m willing to give you a chance. I guess we’ll just have to try to get along `cause we’ll be working together. Can you do that?”

“Yeah. I can try.” he said. He looked like a little boy sitting in the principal’s office.

“Good. Another thing I wanted to talk to you about is your relationship with Anya.”

“How do you know about that?” Spike asked.

“Anya’s my roommate. I’ll tell you what I told her. I don’t mind you two being together, but please don’t let it hurt business. Okay?”

Spike tilted his head and studied her before answering. “Yeah. I understand where your coming from.”

“Good. Now that that’s settled, why don’t we grab those books for Xander.” Buffy said walking over to a stack of books. Spike nodded and grabbed half of them. They made their way back downstairs and to the bar.

“I need to go take care of some business things. You guys can stay here as long as you like. I’ll be back down later.” Buffy said. They both murmured an okay before grabbing one of the books.

Buffy turned around and started to walk away but stopped suddenly. “Oh and Spike, I can’t wait see if you’re as good as you say are.” Buffy said challengingly, then turned and headed back up the stairs to her apartment.

A/N: Tell me what you think.